• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Reveals When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace English Dub Cast, Video

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bs3311

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:
unfortunately Sentai = ADV and ADV = Crappy Dubs..

Unfortunately, Houston dub haters who can't give a modern or grounded example of bad talent and work = Full of it.

You pick a dub with bad accents when every dub with accents has been bad yet has been saved by the anime's material and talent dropping the viewers sense of disbelief?

At least I can somewhat understand where I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE comes from with his criticism giving pros and cons from kyle Jones direction
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Ok the rude back and forth on the quality of Sentai dub stops now thank you. The debate is OT and most of you are being entirely too rude. Especially you 2 DuchessBianca & Nitsugalego. The rude insults will not fly here at all.

Kougeru you have a bad habit of soapboxing in dub announcement threads continuously. You need to rein it in because there have been several complaints about it,. You're more then entitled to prefer subs, but going into dub cast announcement threads solely to complain about the dubs while adding nothing to the topic itself is off topic, soapboxing, and often boarders on being trollish. Keep your opinions to the appropriate threads please.

As for the rest of you it's really sad that once again mods have to step in over such a frivolous topic. I mean all the rudeness and back and forth in a thread over a bloody cast announcement? That's just sad. Next time just report the user, don't keep digging the hole deeper.
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:26 pm Reply with quote
On a technical level, it sounds like Melissa Molano's conciously holding herself back at the end, like she's compensating for a bad microphone. That doesn't bode well for the scene in episode 7.
R315r4z0r wrote:
This is true. The series stops once the story starts to take off.

But that's a common issue with anime adaptations anyway.. I'd love to see it continued, but if not, I'd at least be interested in reading the source material.
Personally, I think it ends pretty well: it establishes there's a bigger universe like they expected, but that it hadn't simply fallen into their lap. If the novels continue beyond the anime, so be it, but this was a perfect stopping point.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:49 pm Reply with quote
{Edit}: What did I just say about dropping the topic? Instead of you having a challenge for others here's one for you; listen to the mods. You just got taken off moderation but if you keep this up you'll be right back on it very quickly. ~ Psycho 101
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:52 am Reply with quote
To me,this sounds like it might be a good dub. I tend to prefer dubs over subs,anyway.
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Rivailloli wrote:
Most people on anime sites seem to prefer subs over dubs, so I dunno what you're talking about.

I know I'm late seeing this topic, but that is a grossly exaggerated generalization. So...no, most people on anime sites don't prefer subs over dubs.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:12 am Reply with quote
Just-another-face wrote:
Rivailloli wrote:
Most people on anime sites seem to prefer subs over dubs, so I dunno what you're talking about.

I know I'm late seeing this topic, but that is a grossly exaggerated generalization. So...no, most people on anime sites don't prefer subs over dubs.

So beyond the topic being done with you decide to revive it with a flame bait comment like that? And you report a comment for being pretentious that is over 2 months old after a mod, myself no less, already posted in the thread on the topic. Might want to check a mirror on that one. I'd also suggest not reviving threads just to leave bait comments. Now to prevent further OT and unwarranted comments on this dead topic I'm locking this thread.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3