• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Sexy Anime Dads

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:07 pm Reply with quote
NeoStrayCat wrote:
Zin5ki wrote:
In the spirit of forum community, might I request that we add penguintruth to this week's poll list?

I second this, it would be funny for that, lol.

i definitely third that notion. though i know he would decline that offer hands down. and not everyone would agree that sakura's dad should be on the list. one of them of course being tomoyo's mom who if your watching the uncensored version and the manga dislikes the guy cause he stole sakura's mom from her since from the series it was pretty clear she had a thing for her.

Quote:
This isn't the one you want to settle down with though. Joseph is a guilty-as-charged philanderer, and he wasn't around for his son when one tryst resulted in Jōsuke. Lovable catchphrases and openness to crossdressing aside, Joseph lands in the one-and-done box.

that there should be more than enough reasons to exclude him from this list. after all the rest of the dads in this list was faithful towards their wives but and older joseph pretty much went to the cheater route (i really feel bad for that spazz suzie q) which as the result is how josuke is born. cant really blame holly for moving to japan considering that she have a two timer for a father. well on the bright side, at least he's no gendo ikari or "sewing life alchemist" shu tucker who are pretty much the worst dads in existence.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Agent355

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Hell yeah, awesome anime dads! There are of course many that the list didn't mention, and with the new trend of dad manga and anime, there are sure to be more. Some honorable mentions would be the dads from Bleach, Isshin Kurosaki (good dad, and he's a doctor and a secret warrior to boot!) and Ryuken Ishida (bad dad, but he's sexy), the dads from Naruto who weren't dead at the start of the story, particularly Shikamaru's dad, Shikaku Nara, who's pretty awesome as a dad and a ninja strategist, and staying in Shonen Jump adaptations, many consider Goku and Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z totally sexy anime dads. There's Madoka's stay-at-home dad from Madoka Magica and Haruhi's supportive, protective, gender nonconforming dad from Ouran High School Host Club, Ryoji "Ranka" Fujioka. Also notable is that Gabriella Ekens nicknamed German Luis from Garo "sex dad" in her episodic reviews for the series, mostly because he was constantly chasing tail (he spends one whole episode naked!), but he cares about his kid and is pretty sexy, so it works. Wink

Weekly Poll: I just can't see Elizabeth as a penguin, sorry. Voted for Pen Pen. I didn't see all of the original Evangelion, but Pen Pen is great comic relief in the early eps, drinking beer and being the only thing protecting Shinji's modesty from the audience.
Venus_Angel9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Rakugo has not one but 2 sexy fathers (maybe even 3), and it's a crime they're not in this poll.

Key

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:39 am Reply with quote
Wouldn't Roy Revant from Solty Rei qualify for the sexy dads list? After all, he's rugged and he's built when you see him with his coat off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:07 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Wouldn't Roy Revant from Solty Rei qualify for the sexy dads list? After all, he's rugged and he's built when you see him with his coat off.

I second this motion!
albanian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:35 am Reply with quote
Surely one of the waiters from Ristorante Paradiso must qualify for this list. IIRC, at least three of them are married (or formerly married) with children. I know they represent a very (very!) niche fetish - older gentlemen with glasses - but it's clear that both Nicoletta and her mother find them both dashing and attractive. (Admittedly, not quite my passion but... heigh-ho, each to their own.)
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:46 am Reply with quote
Your mention of Ristorante Paradiso reminded me that in Antique Bakery, Kaedeko's father Chikage Kobayakawa is a very sexy anime dad. And a total sweetheart to boot.

leeoflittlefaith

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:05 pm Reply with quote
UM where the hell is -

???
Vannil

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:17 pm Reply with quote
leeoflittlefaith wrote:
UM where the hell is -

???

I second this: if Elizabeth is a penguin, then by the same rule/ standard so is Chiyo.
jymmy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:22 am Reply with quote
^ Also speaking of Azumanga Daioh, Chiyo's dad is also a great sexy anime dad, especially voiced by the incomparable Norrrrio Wakamoto.

One more in-universe example, though more so in the manga than the anime: Daikichi from Usagi Drop.
maddynamite

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:15 am Reply with quote
"His double-life may also include holding a torch for his partner Barnabas [...]"

Poor Barnaby, Kotetsu really gets around.
FMAvatard

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:01 am Reply with quote
How you gonna put Joseph Joestar spoiler[and his cheating self] above Kotetsu and Maes Hughes? Looks alone don't cut it.

Also I second Sukeroku needing to be somewhere here.[/spoiler]
Javelin401

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:51 pm Reply with quote
I would have liked to vote for "Mahoro" from "Mahoromatic Automatic Maiden." (Loved her in that antarctic penguin training suit!)

Last edited by Javelin401 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
kamen_otaku81

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Sure Joseph Joestar is a cheater and he wasn't around Josuke was born, but all the signs were pointing the reason why he wasn't around for Josuke is because nobody told him about him and he simply didn't know he existed. If he did, he probably drop everything and do his damnedest to be in his life. And did everybody forget he adopted Shizuka (Achtung Baby) ? And he was really old at that point too?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3