• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hunter x Hunter Manga Goes Back on Hiatus

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:54 pm Reply with quote
methedemon wrote:
people say 'well it's really hard work drawing manga etc' but don't BILLIONS of people also have hard jobs?! yet most can't afford to take long breaks form their jobs anytime they feel like it. They endure and do their job. I feel no sympathy for him or any manga artist, it's their job, they chose this line of work and get paid to do it. If he has a serious illness like heart attack or surgery, yeah sure he would need a long hiatus to recover, but otherwise he is just lazy and inconsiderate of his work's fanbase.

Hey look everyone, it's a person who has no idea what they're talking about.
methedemon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:58 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
methedemon wrote:
people say 'well it's really hard work drawing manga etc' but don't BILLIONS of people also have hard jobs?! yet most can't afford to take long breaks form their jobs anytime they feel like it. They endure and do their job. I feel no sympathy for him or any manga artist, it's their job, they chose this line of work and get paid to do it. If he has a serious illness like heart attack or surgery, yeah sure he would need a long hiatus to recover, but otherwise he is just lazy and inconsiderate of his work's fanbase.

and what are you talking about? a useless post. Think of something meaningful if you want to reply to someone or don't post at all.
Zeino

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Togashi, just either A. Warp up the manga and retire or B. Swallow your pride and let others help you. I would like Hunter x Hunter to be finished sometime in the next 10 years please.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
In his author's comment in the issue, Togashi apologized for going on hiatus again, and said he'll work hard to be able to return again as soon as possible.

*ahem* HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I doubt it’ll be back soon. He needs to just end the manga. I think he’s just taking all these hiatuses now because it’s too much work to keep drawing it.
Joa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
Togashi, just either A. Warp up the manga and retire or B. Swallow your pride and let others help you. I would like Hunter x Hunter to be finished sometime in the next 10 years please.

Neither of those things will happen because he simply doesn't need to. He's had regular hiatuses for over a decade now, and HxH is still as popular as ever, so he doesn't have any reason to wrap it up soon or stop taking hiatuses. He can afford to take as many breaks as he wants to as long as HxH keeps selling, and even if the popularity drops eventually he's probably set for life anyway.

He also has back problems (allegedly) so I can't really fault him too much for taking breaks. I know most people disagree, but I really respect Togashi for his immense success and I feel like he has earned his breaks.
anddo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Why ANN waited for today to post this is anyone's guess.
Anthony Gray

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:43 am Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
methedemon wrote:

That made me laugh harder then it should have... thank you!!
Coup d'État

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:27 am Reply with quote
It's the same comments over and over every time a hiatus either is announced or ends. I don't get it, you guys.

- Whether or not I'd agree he should outsource the drawing process, he clearly doesn't want to, and so he won't. HxH is his, so that's up to him.

- Health issues are, indeed, real issues. We'll probably never be told the details of his condition (and neither should we be), so why can't we just accept it as it is told? He's pretty ill, and that makes him take breaks. Why must he be lying about being sick? r/nothingeverhappens ...

- Why should he just cancel HxH? There's a lot of fans out there who enjoy it even under these conditions. If this is unacceptable, anyone is free to stop reading the Manga on their own. Not reading a Manga is actually very easy.

(((In my personal opinion, which is not fact, but speculation, I actually believe he's drawing those chapters all year round under poor conditions and publishes them whenever he's managed to get 10 done.)))
Naruto Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:41 am Reply with quote
Coup d'État wrote:

- Why should he just cancel HxH? There's a lot of fans out there who enjoy it even under these conditions. If this is unacceptable, anyone is free to stop reading the Manga on their own. Not reading a Manga is actually very easy.

Seriously. Anybody who is that anxious for it to be over can end it for themselves whenever they choose to. Not like a sloppy rushed ending (and god knows shonens have had plenty of them) to appease a few entitled fans would really be any better than just dropping it after any given chapter.

You guys should be glad he keeps coming back. If he didn't care anymore, he wouldn't bother.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:26 am Reply with quote
Here's a suggestion for Togashi: if you can, try running the manga for a good 4-5 months before your next hiatus.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:24 pm Reply with quote
methedemon wrote:
people say 'well it's really hard work drawing manga etc' but don't BILLIONS of people also have hard jobs?! yet most can't afford to take long breaks form their jobs anytime they feel like it.

....most can't afford to do so either out of the fear they'll be won't be paid or replaced by someone else or because their bosses won't let them (which is generally considered illegal in most circumstances).

methedemon wrote:
They endure and do their job.

And wind up eventually getting sick or injured because of them being made to push themselves beyond their limits and isn't really something that's a positive as a result.

methedemon wrote:

I feel no sympathy for him or any manga artist, it's their job, they chose this line of work and get paid to do it. If he has a serious illness like heart attack or surgery, yeah sure he would need a long hiatus to recover, but otherwise he is just lazy and inconsiderate of his work's fanbase.

Much like you're lazy and inconsiderate as you type this all from the comfort of your phone or computer whose parts were likely put together by someone who might've had to work with little or no time off for chump change with probably no benefits
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully he doesn't start attacking all of you through private messages like he did me out of some immature desire to "get back at me" because I told him off when he said something stupid about Magi.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Because if getting your point across in a public forum isn't enough try firing off a few angry and easily ignored PMs Razz
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:32 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Because if getting your point across in a public forum isn't enough try firing off a few angry and easily ignored PMs

It's still harassment as well as abuse of the private message system.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:00 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:

It's still harassment as well as abuse of the private message system.

Oh I didn't say it wasn't, just that people who do that type of stuff just want to be heard even when they keep doing things that lead to them not being taken seriously in the first place.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4