• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vinland Saga Anime's 1st Animated Promo Unveils Main Cast, Additional Staff

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xiximaro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:58 pm Reply with quote
It looked perfect until the CGI... The animation and art are so good and detailed that when the CGI scenes come they don't mix well, it's like oil and water. I'm still hyped though
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Looks great. Very excited for this series.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:48 am Reply with quote
I don't know anything about the Vinland Saga manga but the trailer looks really exciting and I can't wait to see this anime. I don't mind CGI as long as it's not intrusive like it was in Golden Kamuy.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:34 am Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
This challenging project to hit anime. it's drama, historical kind i think is rare.
Its' pretty good what i read.

Between this and Golden Kamuy, I hope historical dramas are becoming a new trend!
To be fair, Golden Kamuy is way more over-the-top in its humor and slightly more over-the-top in its action while Vinland Saga is more realistic.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:35 am Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
This challenging project to hit anime. it's drama, historical kind i think is rare.

Between this and Golden Kamuy, I hope historical dramas are becoming a new trend!
To be fair, Golden Kamuy is way more over-the-top in its humor and slightly more over-the-top in its action while Vinland Saga is more realistic.
Marzan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:40 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Wrangler wrote:

The humor you’re absolutely right. The action I don’t know, some of the stuff the likes of Thorfinn and Thorkill pull off is as over the top as anything in Golden Kamuy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3