• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: T.M. Revolution Teases Gundam Seed Film Project's Status

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krunky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:08 am Reply with quote
Oby wrote:
Krunky wrote:
Astray appeals to an entirely different niche from SEED which is much much much smaller in comparison still it says a lot that its outlived all the 00 and IBO spin-offs.

Honestly, you cannot argue that Astray manga is small or isn't popular because we have one big glaring proof that it is: The Perfect Grade Astray Red Frame.

Of course I can because getting a perfect grade isn't even a sign of popularity especially given the current state of Gunpla isn't as big as it was in the 80's and 90's hence why everything is a timed exclusive or online-exclusive. Perfect Grades are mainly for hobbyist and don't sell nearly as well as MGs or HGs. Also a series getting of fixture of one or two of its leads does not mean its popular, the cosmic era had a lot of gunpla releases of its lineup yet out of them all the ones that made the biggest splash was the Strike, Freedom and Aegis everything else flopped or were shelf warmers and it became a meme that despite despite all its shilling in Destiny the Buster Gundam could not move sales. Its why Bandai made a big deal out of 00's, GBF and IBO's Gunpla sales over SEEDs and two of them don't have PGs as of yet.
Oby

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:17 am Reply with quote
Krunky wrote:
Oby wrote:
Krunky wrote:
Astray appeals to an entirely different niche from SEED which is much much much smaller in comparison still it says a lot that its outlived all the 00 and IBO spin-offs.

Honestly, you cannot argue that Astray manga is small or isn't popular because we have one big glaring proof that it is: The Perfect Grade Astray Red Frame.

Of course I can because getting a perfect grade isn't even a sign of popularity

Yes, it is.

Krunky wrote:
especially given the current state of Gunpla isn't as big as it was in the 80's and 90's hence why everything is a timed exclusive or online-exclusive.

Perfect Grades are mainly for hobbyist and don't sell nearly as well as MGs or HGs.

That's why only the most popular MSs get the PG treatment.

Krunky wrote:
Also a series getting of fixture of one or two of its leads does not mean its popular, the cosmic era had a lot of gunpla releases of its lineup yet out of them all the ones that made the biggest splash was the Strike, Freedom and Aegis everything else flopped or were shelf warmers and it became a meme that despite despite all its shilling in Destiny the Buster Gundam could not move sales.

None of your points above disprove PG being a symbol of popularity considering Strike & Strike Freedom got the PG treatment. Also, Buster Gundam didn't appear in Destiny so....what are you talking about? Buster design itself isn't particularly as popular as Strike or Freedom.

Krunky wrote:
Its why Bandai made a big deal out of 00's, GBF and IBO's Gunpla sales over SEEDs and two of them don't have PGs as of yet.

IBO is still relatively new and Bandai is still testing the waters by releasing MG Barbatos. As for GBF, I don't think Build Strike & Build/Try/Kamiki Burning Gundam are as popular as the upper-echelon MSs that's already made into PGs. Considering Bandai can easily make PG Build Strike by reusing PG Strike mold, the fact that they didn't do it already pretty much speaks for the popularity (or lack thereof) of Build Strike. It might be popular, but might not be "PG worthy"-popular. I guess we'll see. I personally would welcome a PG Build Strike for the novelty.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3