• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Magical Destroyers

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:22 pm Reply with quote
blooperboy wrote:
We're forgetting an incredibly important point for this show - that its part of a 'multi-media project' AKA it's advertising for a 'yet to come out' gatcha game.

Oh ffs... could they please advertise gacha tie-ins harder so I can ignore the shows faster?
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:40 pm Reply with quote
blooperboy wrote:
We're forgetting an incredibly important point for this show - that its part of a 'multi-media project' AKA it's advertising for a 'yet to come out' gatcha game. From that perspective, the ending makes PERFECT sense, because the anime is a prequel. The plot of the game then is that each player is a new person taking up the mantle of Otaku Hero and fighting against Shobon, with Origin as either a final big-bad or as a 'hey as long as its interesting, lets go' third party.

Oof. That unfortunately makes a lot of sense. I too would like my time back
nyaa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:45 am Reply with quote
I had moderately high hopes for this show but after watching the final episode all I can say is "too little to late".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3