• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Shippuuden (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C r i m s o n

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:04 pm Reply with quote
naruto fan 09812 wrote:
I know that the show is all about Naruto but why characters like Shikamaru can get the press sometimes. To be honest I think Shikamaru would be a better leading character then Naruto. I just saying if would be nice to see characters like Shikamaru get more press instead of its all being about Naruto. Matter of fact I think most people who like Naruto like the side characters better then him

You know, I see this sort of feedback all the time; which I can relate to and give my fair share also. Thing is, whether or not we come to like or favor the "side characters" more than Naruto himself, the anime is still in fact called Naruto and will continue to revolve around Naruto. In a sense, you can say we are actually watching a young boy follow his dream in his footsteps to become Hokage. Whether or not he becomes Hokage is yet to be decided, and there's bound to be struggles associated within his goal, just like in any other particular Shōnen series. Believe it.

-Crimson
sizzlin_chiken

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Now you guys are really making me pshyched up for the series. I wonder who future couples will be? Of course i have a pretty good idea already, but other then that. I haven't read the manga yet so I really want to see whats gonna happen. Just 2 days away peeps.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Do not tell me that the beginning is all about Team 7 because the only likable character is Naruto and that a little of a white lie.

If you want a breakdown, I'll try to keep the spoilers to the absolute minimum:
spoiler[Arc 1, probably 12-20 episodes
Team 7 with some new characters, but it's actually pretty good. There is also a side portion involving Guy's team (forget their number). My bet is that the Guy's team portion will be expanded in the anime vs. what they did in the manga.

Arc 2 Probably less than 12 episodes.
Team 7 with two new characters and some reoccuring villains. Pretty cool arc. Other character do cameo in this arc, but would not be in more than 1-2 episodes.

Arc 3 (my fav so far ever!) Probably another 12 episodes or so, catching up to the current manga.
Features team ShikaInoCho, with subplots featuring Naruto as well. AWESOMENESS. ]

So that's what you have to look forward to. Honestly, even if you don't like the pre-skip team 7, give this one a shot, Sakura gets much better and even Naruto's improved a bit. By the third arc I actually come to really love the character again (which I really hadn't for a long time).

Quote:
I know that the show is all about Naruto but why characters like Shikamaru can get the press sometimes. To be honest I think Shikamaru would be a better leading character then Naruto. I just saying if would be nice to see characters like Shikamaru get more press instead of its all being about Naruto. Matter of fact I think most people who like Naruto like the side characters better then him

I totally agree with you, he's my favorite character by far, all I can say is, wait 'till the third arc. Wink
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:54 am Reply with quote
Kakashi Gaiden will be left out, I'm assuming?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:10 am Reply with quote
That' s what everyone is saying and I assume they are basing it on episode titles. However, I would rule out an OVA or movie of Kakashi Gaiden. It's a great way to milk some extra money from the franchise.
sirkozmo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:11 am Reply with quote
My issue is not simply related to Kakashi Gaiden as being a possible previous arc before this new season but with the fillers in general up to this point. Why was it not feasable to simply have a legitimate mini-arc or even an entire arc that was unrelated to the manga? One that would be potentially more entertaining that most (if not all) of the random fillers that have been spewed out up to this point. We're talking about almost 100 episodes with nothing but filler. This may be a bad example but even in Bleach, the Bounto-arc would technically be considered filler seeing as how it is not part of the actual manga yet almost as entertaining. I guess I just don't understand how Naruto couldn't have followed such an example. But there's my 2 cents. Count it for what its worth

-Kozmo
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:26 am Reply with quote
sirkozmo wrote:
My issue is not simply related to Kakashi Gaiden as being a possible previous arc before this new season but with the fillers in general up to this point. Why was it not feasable to simply have a legitimate mini-arc or even an entire arc that was unrelated to the manga? One that would be potentially more entertaining that most (if not all) of the random fillers that have been spewed out up to this point. We're talking about almost 100 episodes with nothing but filler. This may be a bad example but even in Bleach, the Bounto-arc would technically be considered filler seeing as how it is not part of the actual manga yet almost as entertaining. I guess I just don't understand how Naruto couldn't have followed such an example. But there's my 2 cents. Count it for what its worth

-Kozmo

That's exactly what I thought, if they just did a filler arc of how the other spoiler[gennins became chuunin] while Naruto was absent or another one about how Gaara spoiler[ascended to kaze kage], then I don't think many complaints would've generated from the impatient fans. Maybe they thought the fillers wouldn't do that good if Naruto wasn't in every single episode.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:09 pm Reply with quote
naruto fan 09812 wrote:

Well I don't know about the rest of you, but I belive that the side characters get plenty of moments, or at least the moments they are all probably deserving of (except for Shino, Neji, and Lee, they all need more moments.) spoiler[Although I would like to see more of Hinata's team since they only barely appear at the beginning of the time jump. I mostly do because they need to do some more development of the love story. But hey, maybe they will do more with them in the future. ]

And for those of you who have your least favorite characters, don't worry. Most of the characters that most people don't like are much better. Naruto is spoiler[a lot more powerful and less anoying, ] Sakura is spoiler[way more powerful and more useful, ]Sasuke is spoiler[now a villain, need I say more, ]and his replacement spoiler[Sai starts out unlikeable, but he gets much better. ]And the spoiler[new Jounin leader Yamato is way awesome.] So I wouldn't be too disappointed with it at all.
naruto fan 09812

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:36 pm Reply with quote
My only opinion is that I hope Sasuke not get that much face time because he a very two dimesional character. And Brothers Elric you do not think they neglet the side characters in Naruto a little bit. Facetime is not them showing them for about two seconds and then going back to Naruto.

Last edited by naruto fan 09812 on Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:19 pm Reply with quote
naruto fan 09812 wrote:
Facetime is not them showing them for about two seconds and then going back Naruto.

I can guarantee a lot more than two seconds are spent on favorites like Shikamaru. Naruto, in my opinion, doesn't play a huge role for what I believe to be quite a few episodes; however, he is the main character. Everyone can expect more (and much better) character interaction, a great many new characters, and, of course, more awesome fight scenes. The main thing I like about the second "series" is that it has definitely grown-up. I can't wait!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ohoni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:29 pm Reply with quote
To get a little more spoilery than my last post (but not too much)

The first arc involves spoiler[two major fight sequences and one minor, the minor being a quicky one with Gaara (one episode?), the two longer ones being Naruto/Kakashi vs. enemy and Sakura/new character vs. enemy. Both fairly satisfying, the Saukara one actually moreso. Each member of Guy's teams also gets a fight, but these were off camera in the manga, but might be expanded in the anime. ]

The second arc starts with spoiler[minor cameos of the other characters, but is almost entirely about Team 7 (which now includes a new Chuunin and a new Jounin replacing Kakashi temporarilly). It's good stuff, mainly focusing on the sort of Naruto we saw at the end of the pre-skip manga. Pretty solid.]

The third and greatest arc is in two storylines, spoiler[one is that Naruto is training to learn to be better (and boy does he, in many ways), the other is the great "team Azuma" storyline that is really just excelent stuff, almost entirely about how bad-ass Shikamaru is. Love it. Anyways, that arc has PLENTY of Shika face-time (about as much as the Tayuya and Temari fights combined), maybe more), and a little bit of stuff with Azuma, Ino, and Chouji too.
]

Now, this is definitely spoilerish, but for those who don't care or that have read the manga, the thing that I REALLY love about Naruto in arc 3 is spoiler[how they explain that the kagebunshin act like Maddrox clones, such that if he makes a clone, and the clone learns or adapts to something, and then vanishes, he regains that knowledge. That alone makes Naruto ten time the character he once was, with so much more potential. I can't wait to see what more they make of that trait in future. I just got SO tired of the "clone dogpile" tactic he's been using for the longest time now, and this really seems a firm step away form that.]
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:01 pm Reply with quote
naruto fan 09812 wrote:
My only opinion is that I hope Sasuke not get that much face time because he a very two dimesional character. And Brothers Elric you do not think they neglet the side characters in Naruto a little bit. Facetime is not them showing them for about two seconds and then going back to Naruto.

They show a lot more than just two seconds, pal. Yes, I know, Hinata's team doesn't get nearly as much time as they deserve, but like I said before, they may do something big with them in the future. I mean, my prediction is that they are doing something right now that will be important to the story later somehow. But this isn't the Naruto manga prediction thread, so I'll shut up about that now.
naruto fan 09812

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:55 am Reply with quote
The same voice actor who did the voice of Naruto pre skip is doing the voice for the new series. I was wondering since the voice actor is female why didn't they let a male do the part since he is older now. Or is he still in that gray area that they still have to use her.
kolibri

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:19 pm Reply with quote
naruto fan 09812 wrote:

Sasuke is the second main character of the series, pretty much all the storyarcs so far have had him play a big part and he's going to have a major influence in the future storylines too.

Sasuke is one of my favourite characters - the relationship between Sasuke and Naruto is one of the biggest reasons I watch Naruto. On the other hand we have this tragic child whose family has been brutally murdered, whose closest family has betrayed him who has dedicated himself to giving up his future in sake of the past. On the other side we have another sad child who's never had a family but has adopted one for himself - for him loyalty is everything and he's willing to give up his everything in order to save his friend (see my inspirational quote from the other thread... for me Naruto culminates into that single sentence). Sasuke is not two-dimensional, and if you can't see that you don't understand the series on an emotional level.

I had to watch the into to the first episode of Shippuuden hiding behind my hands. It just reminded me why Naruto is my favourite series... love it, love it, love it.
naruto fan 09812

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Sasuke was never Naruto friend he is toying with him to obtain the power Itachi got that the vibe I getting from him. He want to obtain the eyes Itachi got and become a avenger for what Itachi did to his clan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 62