• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam SEED Destiny Trailer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:40 pm Reply with quote
I hate to admit it after what I posted in the other Seed topic earlier but...

I watched the trailer and it looked like something to look foward too.

The characters are starting to look like real people although the main character looks the same as Kira.

I was so sure it would probably repeat the things I didn't like about Seed but I may be wrong. Only time will tell.

I just hope I dont see another "villian" with a white mask. I'm really getting sick of that. Once was enough and they all cant be Char.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:22 am Reply with quote
Jinchuu wrote:
I just hope I don't see another "villian" with a white mask. I'm really getting sick of that. Once was enough and they all can't be Char.

There is a masked villain, but they've said almost nothing about him. He's got a dark grey helmet-like mask vaguely reminiscent of the Scarlet Knights from .hack//SIGN, and his rumoured (note: rumoured, there's a good bit of rumour mill junk in the Encyclopedia entry for this series Confused ) name is Neo Roanoke.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Pandemonium

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:16 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Jinchuu wrote:
I just hope I don't see another "villian" with a white mask. I'm really getting sick of that. Once was enough and they all can't be Char.

There is a masked villain, but they've said almost nothing about him. He's got a dark grey helmet-like mask vaguely reminiscent of the Scarlet Knights from .hack//SIGN, and his rumoured (note: rumoured, there's a good bit of rumour mill junk in the Encyclopedia entry for this series Confused ) name is Neo Roanoke.

Or the rumor that he's another clone. Some think the good guy from SEED (short haired blonde one...sry forget name) or something impossible like that.
beverins

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:37 pm Reply with quote
The character designs are probably well set in stone by now, but it would be a nice change of pace if the Masked Villain With Dubious Motives had a different mask for a change (something like the Destro or even Cobra Commander characters from GI Joe... or if he had nanomachines inside his skin which allowed him to morph his face into other forms, or something. I know they want to show facial expressions, and a mirror-like mask like Cobra Commander would negate that completely... but I think the voice actor and the animators managed to show his CC's character quite convincingly with body motions and terrific voice-acting. They could do the same here.

I liked the Red Sunglasses approach to the Masked Villain With Dubious Motives in Turn A Gundam; I found that to be a clever take on things. Admiral Kreuze's white mask is too much a fusion between Char and Zechs for me to appreciate. spoiler[and we never do get to see his face anyway! At least we get to see what Char looks like, and Zechs was revealed later on, but Kreuze maintains his mystery.

What I want to know is.. where is Kira in this show? I thought Lacus was going to be his main squeeze! I guess that night with Flay was just too good.....]

[/spoiler]
Pandemonium

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:54 pm Reply with quote
beverins wrote:
The character designs are probably well set in stone by now, but it would be a nice change of pace if the Masked Villain With Dubious Motives had a different mask for a change (something like the Destro or even Cobra Commander characters from GI Joe... or if he had nanomachines inside his skin which allowed him to morph his face into other forms, or something. I know they want to show facial expressions, and a mirror-like mask like Cobra Commander would negate that completely... but I think the voice actor and the animators managed to show his CC's character quite convincingly with body motions and terrific voice-acting. They could do the same here.

I liked the Red Sunglasses approach to the Masked Villain With Dubious Motives in Turn A Gundam; I found that to be a clever take on things. Admiral Kreuze's white mask is too much a fusion between Char and Zechs for me to appreciate. spoiler[and we never do get to see his face anyway! At least we get to see what Char looks like, and Zechs was revealed later on, but Kreuze maintains his mystery.

What I want to know is.. where is Kira in this show? I thought Lacus was going to be his main squeeze! I guess that night with Flay was just too good.....]

Hmm spoiler[Kira is in Destiny, well he's in the new trailer at least. And Lacus is his love interest, and I know she's in Destiny with a new costume. Also it wasn't just one night with Fllay, it was many nights, to keep him protecting her and killing for her, or so it goes. But Fllay is dead, killed in the final eps, so what reason would he not go with someone else now? ^_^]
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:30 pm Reply with quote
The transforming robot fan in me is gonig absolutly ballistic right now! Can't wait to see what action figures Bandai rolls out! Anime catgrin

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad that Kira will be in this. I don't know much about Destiny but I was disappointed when I tried to find out what I could and his name wasn't even mentioned.

spoiler[Just being safe...but I think Kira's gonna come out with a brand new Gundam (Freedom Revamped?)...and save the main character (I only remember his last name being Asuka) and Athrun when they're in a pinch. Kinda sad in a way cause I thought Freedom Gundam rocked like no one's business so I kinda don't wanna see it one-uped by a new model (I always prefer final upgrades)...oh and don't think there was really a need to see Kuruuze's face...after all he is a clone of Mwu...so its just Mwu's face with Kuruuze's hairstyle...last thing...I ran into a guy at Best Buy who started talkin anime with me (he was very snooty) and told me that there's a rumor that Mwu didn't die...which would rock like no one's business.]

And what's with the hate on G Gundam? Its actually my favorite one cause its so different and a little more my style. They weren't angsty at all. Things just got kinda sappy (I'm a sucker for it if its presented right).
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:41 pm Reply with quote
TranceLimit174 wrote:
spoiler[Just being safe...but I think Kira's gonna come out with a brand new Gundam (Freedom Revamped?)...and save the main character (I only remember his last name being Asuka) and Athrun when they're in a pinch.]

Doubtful. spoiler[At the end of SEED, Kira wasn't exactly up to the task of fighting anymore. He wasn't royally screwed up, but he was questioning things a good bit.]

TranceLimit174 wrote:
spoiler[after all he is a clone of Mwu...]

spoiler[Mwu's father, not Mwu.]

TranceLimit174 wrote:
spoiler[I ran into a guy at Best Buy who started talkin anime with me (he was very snooty) and told me that there's a rumor that Mwu didn't die...which would rock like no one's business.]

spoiler[That guy's an idiot. It's kinda hard to survive when you've just been vaporised in the endless vacuum of space. I know there are a few characters in SEED that pulled some rather miraculous survival acts, but to the series' credit nobody survived having their charred corpse thrust out into space.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Pandemonium

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:49 pm Reply with quote
TranceLimit174 wrote:
I'm glad that Kira will be in this. I don't know much about Destiny but I was disappointed when I tried to find out what I could and his name wasn't even mentioned.

spoiler[Just being safe...but I think Kira's gonna come out with a brand new Gundam (Freedom Revamped?)...and save the main character (I only remember his last name being Asuka) and Athrun when they're in a pinch. Kinda sad in a way cause I thought Freedom Gundam rocked like no one's business so I kinda don't wanna see it one-uped by a new model (I always prefer final upgrades)...oh and don't think there was really a need to see Kuruuze's face...after all he is a clone of Mwu...so its just Mwu's face with Kuruuze's hairstyle...last thing...I ran into a guy at Best Buy who started talkin anime with me (he was very snooty) and told me that there's a rumor that Mwu didn't die...which would rock like no one's business.]

And what's with the hate on G Gundam? Its actually my favorite one cause its so different and a little more my style. They weren't angsty at all. Things just got kinda sappy (I'm a sucker for it if its presented right).

Well I did see Kira in the Zero Attack trailer, or whatever it's called. Kira was on the right and Athrun on the left, with Shin Asuka in the middle.

spoiler[Didn't die ahaha, then that was one hell of a non-dieing scene where he was totally destroyed to save the archangel from the dominion. Now a clone no one knew about...perhaps.

But I could see Kira coming in to save Athrun (but I don't care if he does or not), since Athrun will be piloting one of the new 5, the Saviour. But why would Lacus be in the show and not Kira?]
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Heh sorry Nagisa I'm a little rusty on the show so yeah I'm not fully on the up and up. My bad but I think given the character designs you can't get a decent idea. Kira's appearace in that manner was just a speculation, very unlikley but hey part of the fun of anticipation is guessin what will happen and theorizing. Yeah and that guy at Best Buy, I know he's a moron. Like I said he was snooty so I didn't really listen to him. It'd be cool if he was still around but once again probably not happening. I was just wondering if anyone could confirm it. Doesn't matter cause spoiler[Mwu was my second favorite character next to Kira]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3