• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vertical Adds Stan Lee & Tamon Ohta's Heroman, Keiko Suenobu's Limit Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaisakuKusama

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:
When will I get to hear Heroman in English? It does take place in America...

There was one episode dubbed into English that played at Anime Expo 2010, right after the Toshihiro Kawamoto panel.

I know that Wowmax Media did the dub, and learned afterwards that they only dubbed a single episode to try to drum up interest in releasing the entire series. But this was in 2010, and here we are, two years later.

It was a pretty good dub, but I doubt it will ever be released or for sale until the series gets licensed.
chloes_fork

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:27 am Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
pachy_boy wrote:
While they got Limit, hopefully they'll go for Life at some point. That manga is so excellent, I'd love to find out how the story ends.

It's possible, but Ed Chavez has said he really doesn't like doing license rescues unless he has to (like a bundle, I think).

Well, Vertical did rescue GTO: The Early Years (no idea if that was a bundle deal, though).

Anyway, add me to the list of those who would love to see Life continue. I imagine it would help the cause if Limit sells like hotcakes.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:02 pm Reply with quote
chloes_fork wrote:
Well, Vertical did rescue GTO: The Early Years (no idea if that was a bundle deal, though).

Yeah, it was a bundle deal. Ed admitted that he wanted to get 14 Days, but was told that Vertical would also have to finish Early Years. But, really, GTO is going to be the exception in general, since Chavez loves GTO, and the bookstores were all for getting more GTO in stores.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3