• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Haganai (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:50 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Speaking of f-words, Rika drops an f-bomb just as the rollercoaster is about to drop, but in the dub she says "Hellz yeah" instead. Okay, that's fine if they want to keep the dialogue cleaner... But in other parts they throw in f-words and s-words.

For whatever other flaws Haganai has -- and there are more than a few people out there that hate it -- I consider the roller-coaster scene to be one of the greatest comedic events that anime has ever produced. Each personality is uniquely displayed, but the arrogance-to-diffidence-to-terror transition of both Yozora and Sena is an eternal achievement.
zanth

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:33 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Also I noticed that not everything got uncensored, specifically the cg of not-Kobato shown in Sena's h-game was made more explicit in the Japanese BD but it remained the TV version in the english one (yet the rest of the episode has the japanese BD changes).

I guess this what the back of the box meant by "Episode 2 contains select footage from the Japanese broadcast version"
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:04 am Reply with quote
zanth wrote:
I guess this what the back of the box meant by "Episode 2 contains select footage from the Japanese broadcast version"

... *Looks* Huh, I hadn't noticed that.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:07 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
zanth wrote:

... *Looks* Huh, I hadn't noticed that.

Kodaka and Phoenix's bath scene got steamed out.

Maria's rear nudity (bath scene) got panned off screen.

Kate is just as gross as ever.

I hope they didn't butcher up the rest of it too much. American sensibilities are such a drag.
MacAttack270

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:19 am Reply with quote
So I was rewatching my copy of Haganai this past weekend in prep for whenever NEXT gets shipped to my apt this upcoming week; realized I totally missed the Oreimo cameo in the episode where Rika described being unable to stand being at Comiket because of the crowds. Imagine my surprise when all of a sudden a quick shot of Kyosuke, Kirino, Kuroneko, and Saori walking with their backs to the camera. Anyways, thought it was pretty cool.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 25 of 25