• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haruhi Suzumiya Website

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:11 pm Reply with quote
According to those quotes in the Page Source around New Year's Day, they pretty much implied that Haruhi's poll will last only for one day.
Jeikobu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:29 am Reply with quote
Darn, I guess I missed that. Well, thanks for telling me. ^^

I hope a good person won. It seemed like there were some pretty good auditioners. It also seems like, knock on wood, the VAs are starting to pronounce the names better, thank God (at least two of the 4 auditioners for the character with a line like "Haruhi Suzumiya and I aren't like normal people" got Haruhi's full name dead on).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:59 am Reply with quote
Jeikobu wrote:

I hope a good person won. It seemed like there were some pretty good auditioners. It also seems like, knock on wood, the VAs are starting to pronounce the names better, thank God (at least two of the 4 auditioners for the character with a line like "Haruhi Suzumiya and I aren't like normal people" got Haruhi's full name dead on).

These are just auditions and are not indicative of what the final pronunciation will be. It will likely be better in the actual dub.
Jeikobu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:30 pm Reply with quote
That's cool, since the auditioners themselves were already were sounding pretty decent, at least for normal dub standards.

It is notable though that the poll did say that they would take strong consideration on the results...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:11 pm Reply with quote
New comments in Page Source!

Code:
-- 又一人に成りました --
-- --
-- 寂しい --

Does anyone knows what that says? Also according to the website, they seem to run into server problems, and their "staff" is fixing it. Laughing
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quote
"Kyon" wrote:
Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Subject: Why do people say these things?
Current mood: uncomfortable

I really appreciate all of the new friends that I have made because of the ASOS. I really enjoy reading all of the interesting comments that everyone makes. Well, most of the comments, in any case. There is one thing that comes up often enough for me to become a bit self conscious.

For that reason, I would like to make one thing clear. My romantic interest in men is zero. Nada. Zip. Not even bisexual, nothing of the sort. I have no problem with that, don't get me wrong. It is just something that I'm not interested in. I can honestly say nothing gets me more excited than seeing a sweet angel like Asa...oops, well, I don't want to be punished, so I won't finish that thought. In any case, I just want to make that very clear.
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:31 am Reply with quote
He might not like it, but everyone is Itsuki for Kyon.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:46 pm Reply with quote
The website has been updated:

Quote:
January 4, 2007 1936 PST
Currently compiling list of Japanese credits. ASOS Brigade Episode 01 entering post. Various versions of Episode 00 available here. Help spread the video and earn money for it, and other videos, as explained here.

Page Source now says this:

Code:
-- One remains behind as planned --
-- Gateway closure confirmed --
-- All data retrieved, field formation in progress --
-- Are we able to create a function that satisfies every input condition --
-- It cannot, and should not, be a simple solution --
-- Many seen and unseen variables must be accounted for --
-- The n-space grows large, is that wise --
-- The very nature of the program prevents a unifying solution that would satisfy every single input condition across all domains --
-- It is imperative we do this right --
-- Let us weigh the inputs carefully and create a program that maintains central integrity while taking into account the various observed data points to create a pleasing overall solution to the best of our abilities --
-- We must create a superior quality program --
-- The Other awaits patiently, but for how long --

Can't wait for episode 1 which I bet is the announcement of the final cast list and possibly a release date! Very Happy
NGE1113

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:57 pm Reply with quote
More fun source code changes...

Quote:
<!-- The Council meets now -->
<!-- We determine tomorrow -->
<!-- THE oTHER IS HERE -->
<!-- Secure the vicinity -->
<!-- It has been a journey of several months -->
<!-- The Chamber must be prepared for the hosts -->
<!-- All will be decided -->
<!-- The end draws nigh -->

EDIT: All source code comments are gone. and a hidden line of text has appeared above the hit counter:

Quote:
The ribbon of destiny binds us now
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 27 of 27