• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Most Evil Character Tournament RESULTS

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:35 am Reply with quote
Wel, its finally over. All that hard work, and we have our WINNER:

JOHAN!

Thank you everyone for voting and thank you for those of you who stuck through the while thing with me, and I couldn't have done it with out ccdx and frentymons help.

@Mods: you can unsticky this when you see fit. Thank you for allowing me to have this.

Comments: Official results are all posted on the front post, and I was able to do it all in just... 35 edits! Wow.

Well it was fun while it lasted
ccdx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:27 am Reply with quote
The final brackets with the FINAL BATTLE results has been posted at: http://home.comcast.net/~unirizer2/

Johan Wins!!!

Please stay tuned for the upcoming post detailing the next tournament! Can't Wait!

Thanks to everyone who voted and of course to Cow-Boy_Be-Bop and frentymon for all their help.

Enjoy.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:59 am Reply with quote
ccdx wrote:
Johan Wins!!!

I'm sort of disappointed. I have to admit I was really hoping for Delphine or Dante. They certainly were strong competors weren't they? But, in the end, the arguements for Johan (even though I have not and will not see the series) overwhelmed my desire to keep my vote for Dante.

Congrats to Johan...just keep him away far, far away from me!

Please stay tuned for the upcoming post detailing the next tournament! Can't Wait![/quote]

Looking forward to it!
d.yaro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:47 am Reply with quote
Nice touch with the final results bracket ccdx! A big "Thank-you!" to Cow-Boy_Be-Bop, ccdx and frentymon for running such a smoothly executed tournament. It took me a round or two to come up with decent criteria for voting but once things got rolling this was an edifying and entertaining experience.

Cheers!!!

d
ccdx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:01 pm Reply with quote
New thread open for next tournament ideas! frentymon hosting!

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=50580

Lets hear those awesome ideas Smile
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Bummer, I was really pulling for Aion. Tournament or not, heh, he is still the most evil in my eyes. So charismatic, yet so unquestionably evil. He's also intelligent and everything that ever happens seems to be exactly as he wanted it too, even when it appears he lost.

Still though, I'm happy he made it as far as he did. Losing to Dante though? Ouch, that was harsh, heh. I didn't care for Dante all that much at all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:27 pm Reply with quote
d.yaro wrote:
Nice touch with the final results bracket ccdx! A big "Thank-you!" to Cow-Boy_Be-Bop, ccdx and frentymon for running such a smoothly executed tournament. It took me a round or two to come up with decent criteria for voting but once things got rolling this was an edifying and entertaining experience.

Cheers!!!

d

Your welcome :3
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:00 am Reply with quote
What's really impressive is the margins Johan won by. The closest anyone ever came to beating him was Delphine, and that was still 7-3. Oh wait, no. First round he only beat Dewey 9-6.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 27 of 27