• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Westlo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:52 am Reply with quote
I thought people might be interested to hear that reruns of Code Geass will be shown right before Gundam 00 from now on. A massive hint about what and when the continuation of Geass might be as well as the time slot.

The Dokaru time slot was what Geass was initially suppose to be shown in, but they switched places with the Bones produced Ayashi, which ended up getting canceled due to low ratings.
lukezskywalk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Any news on the continuation of this series? This series has toppled Gundam Seed on my list of mech animes.

I am vastly interested in how this story will end. I am sure Suzaki will lead Japan to its independence in the very end. But what will happen to Lelouch?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:40 pm Reply with quote
There will be a continuation, but little is known about when we will see it. It will probably air next year in the spring season, since that's when Gundam 00 hits the half-way point. I don't know if its been confirmed but people are at least acting like Gundam 00 will have a break at the half-way point and people are speculating that Code Geass part 2 will air in its place during that break.
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:38 am Reply with quote
lukezskywalk wrote:
I am vastly interested in how this story will end. I am sure Suzaki will lead Japan to its independence in the very end. But what will happen to Lelouch?

Bah, Suzaku needs to die. If the idiot hasn't been tripping Lulu's feet the whole bloody series he would've had the Emperor's head by now, and not falling into the path of self-destruction that he's on either!

He's far too weak to lead Japan to its independence in my opinion. A war hero figure, sure, but where's the smarts to not only survive in politics but actually win out that Zero has?

I hope it is he and not Nunnally, Lelouch, or Terrorist Girl who got shot. But I must admit I feel it's probably Nunnally.

LuckySleven: We are in the same boat. Wink I heard it was about some stupid patriotic thing and never looked back (never been a fan of flag waving). Turns out the patriotism lasts two or three episodes at best and then it's Mecha As Mecha Should Be Done.

Extra points for the most amusing plot twist in a while: spoiler[Euphie being Geassed by accident brought up all the Greek and Shakespearean Tragedies I've ever read to my mind right away.]. Laughing Talk about disaster.
DivinePlague

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:59 am Reply with quote
Suzaku won't die. we have to see his geass first. but it is will prolly be shown in eps 2 or 3 of the new season (if not in the "movie"). damn it's been a while since i've kept up on this. i miss it and hop it come before the half point of 00. oh well, nothing i ca ndo
Leuconoe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:57 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Samurai-with-glasses"]
lukezskywalk wrote:
Extra points for the most amusing plot twist in a while: spoiler[Euphie being Geassed by accident brought up all the Greek and Shakespearean Tragedies I've ever read to my mind right away.]. Laughing Talk about disaster.

Oh indeed. I would love it if Lelouch wound up doing an Oedipus and [N.B. the spoiler's for a Oedipus the King, not Code Geass] spoiler[blinding himself, or being blinded, thus being freed from the burden of the Geass. I've commented elsewhere that this would produce an interesting, and possibly cathartic ending to the series (extra parallelism points if Nunally's psycho-somatic blindness is cured in the same ep).] I wouldn't say it's a likely outcome, though. Given that I've brought Oedipus up, it's interesting that [this spoiler is for Code Geass] spoiler[patricide features heavily in the minds of both Suzaku and Lelouch - as an achievement (?) in Suzaku's case, and an aspiration in Lelouch's.]
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
I thought people might be interested to hear that reruns of Code Geass will be shown right before Gundam 00 from now on. A massive hint about what and when the continuation of Geass might be as well as the time slot.

That's certainly an interesting development. I wonder if it will be shown uncut? Or for that matter, in high definition?
Ryvius213

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:51 pm Reply with quote
DivinePlague wrote:
Suzaku won't die.
Actually, the problem is that spoiler[Suzaku CAN'T die, even if he wanted to. Lelouch specifically used the geass on him and told him to live. Therefore, whenever Suzaku is in a near-death position, the geass will automatically take control of him. I can already see some evil plot twists concerning that. Twisted Evil ]
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Suzaku can die. it doesn't matter, even if you don't want to die, you will still die if somebody shot you on the head..
Leuconoe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I suppose spoiler[Suzaku can't sacrifice his life to save anyone, then. He can't die of his own volition, though as spotlesseden says, of course if someone kills him that's a different mattter.]
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:52 am Reply with quote
While this thread is on the first page I'm wondering... did the second opening Kaidoku Funou really grow on anyone else? I've actually preferred it to Colors for the last few months...
Leuconoe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:24 am Reply with quote
The second opening really grew on me, in that I initially disliked it and then grew to like it - possibly via a Pavlovian association with the show as a whole. I still prefer Colors, though.
N-K_Person

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:52 pm Reply with quote
darker than black is also brought by pizza hut, right?
ultrapostman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
While this thread is on the first page I'm wondering... did the second opening Kaidoku Funou really grow on anyone else? I've actually preferred it to Colors for the last few months...

It was my favorite op as well, but I think it might be because that I enjoyed the second half of Code Geass more than the first. Btw, what did you think of the op for the last two episodes? I didn't care for it very much, personally.
kizzmequik_74

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:

To be honest, the OP2 and OP3 were fine... But my problem is, I can't remember them anymore! To this day, I can probably sing most of the TV-size version of Colors from memory, while I can't even remember the melody of the other two songs... Those songs were good, but they didn't have the kind of impact on me that Colors had, and they just faded from my memory. Either that, or my memory is just bad... Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 28 of 30