• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Considers More Gintama Based on Film Sales

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Whatever it is 'more like' in your eyes isn't the point of the conversation. It was an analogy, an attempt to use an simpler but similar example to make the principles behind the topic easier to understand. Of course no analogy is going to be a 1 for 1 relationship, there will be differences.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Arsenic, the entire point of an analogy is to relate thing A to thing B, Thing B being easier to understand. Your analogy fails to do this.

Both Polycell's and KGW's DO do this, however.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:41 am Reply with quote
No, you and the others just have a hard time understanding parallels when used to support opinions you disagree with. Polycell and kgw just want analogies that they can ridicule and call stupid while I want an analogy that can be respected because they ultimately want to mock my reasoning for how I spend my cash while I want my reasons to be respected.

Everyone has an agenda here.
subfan1990

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:59 pm Reply with quote
:/ If it has subbed/dubbed in there, I would buy that. I have some anime DVD collection have subbed and uncuts with this. I am pretty picky on some for I can buy or not.. I love Gintama I read (I brought them) and watch with sub on online.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4