• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Upotte!! (ONA).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:25 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Oh~ and an Australian gun, have to say that I was going for her in that bit.

It's funny that CR messed up TWICE with AUG, because she's Austrian, not Australian. Yes, it's a pretty big QC error, even if Australian forces use the AUG. I can't believe they couldn't be assed to look it up and correct something so simple, or that absolutely no one told them they were wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr_AUG
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:33 am Reply with quote
Laughing Reminds me of that part in "Dumb and Dumber" where Jim Carrey is talking to some chick and asks where she's from. When she says she's Austrian, he pipes up with, "Throw another shrimp on the barbie, mate!" Laughing
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:39 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Laughing Reminds me of that part in "Dumb and Dumber" where Jim Carrey is talking to some chick and asks where she's from. When she says she's Austrian, he pipes up with, "Throw another shrimp on the barbie, mate!" Laughing

Haha, yeah, or that Josef Fritzl was Australia's hero. But Australia would certainly have one more syllable in Japanese than Austria does:

オーストリア
オーストラリア

So I highly doubt this is an error on the part of the Japanese.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:58 am Reply with quote
Embarassed

Now that I think about it, I looked up about the AUG earlier (personal research because of this show) and found that Australia uses a modified version, but was originally Austrian. I feel kind of stupid now, was I not paying attention?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:03 am Reply with quote
Don't feel bad, DP, I didn't pick up on the mistake, either. For a very simple reason: I don't know much about guns. I admit, when it was mentioned in the show, I did think, "huh - I didn't realize Australia had a home-grown weapon" but I didn't immediately assume a mistake had been made. If you don't know much about fire-arms, why would you? And the fact that Australia actually does use a modified version of it simply increases the chance that such a misunderstanding could occur.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:18 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
For a very simple reason: I don't know much about guns.

And that is why we are watching a show about moe gun girls and also a show about a loco arms dealer, so that we can learn usefull infomation. Right now I am thinking back to some Anime News Nina comics.
Ikari1

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:32 am Reply with quote
Episode 5 was quite enjoyable. Loved to hate the elf Sako girl but still majorly peeved off at the L85A2 bashing going on. That gun is no where near as crap as they make it out to be after H&k completed their upgrades to it. It's very accurate and I would have to say it isnt as prone to jamming as the bloody M4's and M16A4's. The constant cleaning that m16A4 does is forshadowing the jamming problem. Like most guns they have to be constantly kept clean to function properly. The real L85A2 has two lots of dust covers on it aswell now. It's a bit of a joke to be honest how bad they have got some of the details wrong in this show. Heres to hoping I get to see what SCAR H/L looks like character wise. Be interesting to see how they handle a gun that can upgrade it's caliber's simply by changing out the lower reciever and barrel.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:45 pm Reply with quote
That's just it, she's not the L85A2, but still L85A1 with all of the accompanying issues that go with it.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:34 pm Reply with quote
I must say I am having a bit of difficulty internalizing this combat/shooting/erotica linkage they have going here. Taking time off in the middle of close-fire combat to get yourself off? If Fucco had been even 1% on the ball at that point she would have won it while the crazy chick was insensible. And to blow it after pulling off that trick shot.

Perhaps it was too much to expect that they were sort of done with the ero-gun thing back in ep. 1 where they pretty clearly linked the FNC's trigger to Fucco's clitoris and her rifle butt as her thong-style panties. I suppose that makes her magazine port her vag but what purpose does her butthole serve? The scope sight? Now there's a mental image for you. For you guys that are in to it I bet you won't be able to fire again without thinking of that.
Ikari1

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:45 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
That's just it, she's not the L85A2, but still L85A1 with all of the accompanying issues that go with it.

Oh right, maybe I missed something along the line somewhere then. I thought that when they offered the explaination of the L85 that they said that the gun was still crap even after the upgrades.
Svidrigailov

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Ikari1 wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Oh right, maybe I missed something along the line somewhere then. I thought that when they offered the explaination of the L85 that they said that the gun was still crap even after the upgrades.
They did, but this is coming from the show that curved 5.56 rounds off target with falling water or ricocheted others off a pond to get get under a bridge and hit an otherwise inaccessible target, took until episode five to admit that the M16a4 is not particularly one to talk about reliability (and they have yet to address gross inaccuracies in range), etc. etc.
Svidrigailov

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Ikari1 wrote:
Heres to hoping I get to see what SCAR H/L looks like character wise. Be interesting to see how they handle a gun that can upgrade it's caliber's simply by changing out the lower reciever and barrel.
Yeah, I've felt since maybe the second episode that they have a serious bias, so I'm worried if they do bring in M-16/M-4 competition, they'll botch the whole thing.

In other news, I hope when they introduce the AUG they do something like a massive wardrobe or tons of shoes since it has so many variations.

HaruhiToy wrote:
IPerhaps it was too much to expect that they were sort of done with the ero-gun thing back in ep. 1 where they pretty clearly linked the FNC's trigger to Fucco's clitoris and her rifle butt as her thong-style panties. I suppose that makes her magazine port her vag but what purpose does her butthole serve? The scope sight? Now there's a mental image for you. For you guys that are in to it I bet you won't be able to fire again without thinking of that.
*insert 'thumbs up' emoticon or equivalent gesture of appreciation*
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Svidrigailov wrote:

They did, but this is coming from the show that curved 5.56 rounds off target with falling water or ricocheted others off a pond to get get under a bridge and hit an otherwise inaccessible target, took until episode five to admit that the M16a4 is not particularly one to talk about reliability (and they have yet to address gross inaccuracies in range), etc. etc.[/quote]

You can ricochet bullets off of water.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q_WhmyD0As
Banken

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:00 am Reply with quote
This show is really, really bad but I like it.

I saw the ricocheting coming a mile away. Like, the second it showed the water I know she was going to bounce the shot off the lake.

Sako's sticky hand was... a little gross.

The M16A3 and A4 are reasonably reliable when kept clean. The original M16 before cleaning kits were issued and powder was changed to what it was designed for was a widowmaker though.

I did he memory of being called 'junk' comparing to her calling 'L' junk pretty amusing.

I wonder where the AK and every gun that shoots a non-NATO round is in this.

I think it's important not to take the body part comparison too far because they've already lampshaded the fact that it doesn't make a lot of sense in the show. Plus, if they're shooting themselves, doesn't that mean they're...you know.

It would have made a bit more sense for them to be the manifestation of the spirit of the gun in human bodies, rather than simply being...girl's who are guns. I mean, considering most of them are decades-old lethal weapons that have been used by millions of people...lol

What are the male students and non-human teachers, if they aren't assault rifles, though?
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:19 am Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
I wonder where the AK and every gun that shoots a non-NATO round is in this.
Shigu doesn't use NATO rounds.
Quote:
What are the male students and non-human teachers, if they aren't assault rifles, though?
I don't know about the male students, but the teachers are almost certainly decommissioned designs, like Thompson-sensei(AKA Ms. Tommy).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8