• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kicked offline by server

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:48 pm Reply with quote
The problem is coming back; three times in two weeks. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
camelot187757

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:38 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
The problem is coming back; three times in two weeks. Rolling Eyes

I just got the problem twice when i was looking this very same forum. Perhaps the bandwidth is being stretched?? I'm not 100% tech savvy but this looks like it may just be a bandwith proplem because even when the problem finally disappears when it reconnects its slow and sluggish and the Anime Section Always (Perhaps because it the most popular next to the Talkbalk Sec.) says "No Posts".

I seem to always get the "Sorry, it seems the server is a little overloaded at the moment..." most frequently whenever I look at the Anime or Talkback section of the site (although i did get it a few times this morning browsing through this thread). It may just be me but I think the problem may be because too many people are at one section of the Forum? it sounds a little fetched but thats my only theory. Is anyone getting any problems when they are trying out the chat?

Edit: To add but it may be a problem with my own connection from here, whenever I happen to log in to the above mentioned sections or the rest of the forums for that matter it would show (or not rather) that there are no new posts and all of the existing posts would display as white(old) and not orange(new) and it would show whenever i would go to the index. Maybe this is a part of the problem or not but it may help with the vestigation. C-Lot (yes that does indeed spell clot...)
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:21 am Reply with quote
I've gotten the "server is over-loaded" messaged 2-3 times this week myself. I also notice that it takes a while for my topic notifications to open and my post submits to upload as well. That has not been happening on my other e-mails.

Thought that it was my computer but if Camelot is having a similar problem...I don't know, I'm not tech-savvy either.

Thanks!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4