• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Key's Angel Beats! Project Gets TV Anime Green-Lit

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
sailorsean wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Knock off Haruhi+cookie cutter harem= bland, moe drama.

There has to be a copy right infringement in there somewhere.

Huh? Sure the heroine looks like Haruhi a bit so what? Why judge a book by its cover? And don't forget it IS a KEY title after all... First KEY anime... hmmm Very Happy might be good?

Okay, I didn't want to mention this, but you've left me no choice. Besides looking like a Haruhi knockoff, it also looks like she's trying to take off her skirt as well. Not exactly a image for a great anime.

But this is Key. People will eat it up just because of the name, it doesn't have to be original or even good
Ari-chan

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
sailorsean wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Knock off Haruhi+cookie cutter harem= bland, moe drama.

There has to be a copy right infringement in there somewhere.

Huh? Sure the heroine looks like Haruhi a bit so what? Why judge a book by its cover? And don't forget it IS a KEY title after all... First KEY anime... hmmm Very Happy might be good?

Okay, I didn't want to mention this, but you've left me no choice. Besides looking like a Haruhi knockoff, it also looks like she's trying to take off her skirt as well. Not exactly a image for a great anime.

I think you are reading far to much into the Image. She has her hands on the sides of her hip, that's a perfectly normal thing to do when leaning forward. It's not like she has her hands going actually into her skirt.

Also in no way did the summary of the series hint at a harem. It's possible the series will have a dating sim like structure, but otherwise I wouldn't be so fast to accuse it. It sounds more action then anything right now.

On another note I also think people are either way to into Haruhi or are just looking for another reason to hate Key if all they see is Haruhi in the Image. She just has the typical characteristics of a supposed character archetype (the tsundere archetype it seems). The uniform is standard anime alterations to a sailor uniform as well, and aside for the color scheme of light blue, there is no real resembalance. Heck, they even said the handband was inspired by Perssona, not Haruhi. Now if she goes around talking about aliens, time-travelers, and espers, with the voice of Aya Hirano we may have a problem. Otherwise, it's just a normal character design.

Besides, it's not like Haruhi and friends were the epitome of origional character designs themselves. Not to mention it's not the first or last time an anime character will look like another anime character. I don't believe that to be detrimental to a series's enjoyability anyway. Rolling Eyes

*Edited for added content.
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:29 am Reply with quote
Ari-chan wrote:
Besides, it's not like Haruhi and friends were the epitome of origional character designs themselves. Not to mention it's not the first or last time an anime character will look like another anime character. I don't believe that to be detrimental to a series's enjoyability anyway. :roll:

You would think Haruhi fans would know that wouldn't you.. with Rei Ayanam I mean Nagato Yuki.
takasu95

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Im not going to Lie Angel Beats! is Superb its up there with Air, Kanon, and Clannad, no doubt about that. but when i finished reading and researching Little Busters! i was surprised Little Busters! wasnt Aired at all when it first came out as a manga and a game. I think if they aired Little Busters! it would be up there with Air, Kanon, Clannad, and Angel Beats! or perhaps even better. I mean the story gives a whole package of Drama, Comedy, Supernatural Phenomena, Tragedy, Harem, and Romance that shows promise of an outstanding anime series. and also I think it can be more than 1 season just like Clannad. because this Story is filled with important but funny, tragic, and Romantic Elements to good to be left out. Jun Maeda has done an amazing job of doing what is needed to come up with amazing stories for manga and has a whole entire cast covering his back like Key, Visual Arts, Kyoto Anime, P.A Works and many more. i mean look at his resum'e tell me what you dont like about Mr. Maeda because i doubt you will see anything that you dont like about him. Although he's on a temporary leave from what i hear... i believe when he comes back... i believe he will Do a Little Busters! Anime. because everyday when you have that believablity with thousands and thousands that share what you believe in... chances are its going to come true.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4