• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek Adds 2 Galaxy Express 999 Films, Project A-Ko

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jenarwen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Yes, thank you Discotek! Now only if I ever saw you releases in stores. I really want to watch A-Ko, Animal Treasure Island, Galaxy Express and Fist of the North Star as well as Puss In Boots!
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:34 pm Reply with quote
I love you guys. Suggested titles that I think Discotek should give a proper bilingual US DVD release to: Dog of Flanders the 1997 anime movie (the one Geneon/Pioneer released long ago), Ringing Bell (aka Chirin no Suzu).
pomocho

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Discotek might be the best company releasing anime DVDs out there. I mean, I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from their catalogue... and, heck, I'd be lying if I didn't admit to crazy-excited elation that both Galaxy Express 999 films will FINALLY be made available on R1 DVD. The return of Project A-Ko only sweetens the deal; glad to see some of the classic CPM titles finally resurfacing (now if only someone would release The Crystal Triangle on DVD... modern anime fandom must be made aware of the holy evangel of Space Grub Yahweh).

I would also like to petition Discotek to include, if possible, the alternative cut of GE 999 churned out by Roger Corman. Probably not possibly, but being able to inflict a digitized version of the infamous "Captain Warlock" sequence ("Ya buried ma friend, pilgrim!") on the world would make me a very, very happy man.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4