• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail Anime's 2nd Year Confirmed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:30 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
ArsenicSteel wrote:
What "bunch" of anime do CR and Funi share the streaming rights to? The only ones I see are separated by season and therefore not the same license. CR and Funi both stream Druaga for some reason. That does not look like a bunch of anime to me.

I started to make a list, but it was looking like it would get long so I just said "bunch". A list looks something like this:

Air Master
Blassreiter
Digimon Adventures 02
Fist of the North Star
Galaxy Express 999
Gankutsuou
Linebarrels of Iron
The Tower of DRUAGA -the Aegis of URUK-
The Tower of DRUAGA -the Sword of URUK-

I'd call that a "bunch", and that's just the ones they share with FUNi. Of course there's bound to be more in the future.

Emerje

So right that certainly is a bunch. I can't wait for the next classic...anime CR and Funi share streams with. Another 8years and it might be fairy tail.
agila61

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:41 pm Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
So right that certainly is a bunch. I can't wait for the next classic...anime CR and Funi share streams with. Another 8years and it might be fairy tail.

Gonzo and Toei titles, as Megiddo notes, but there's nothing saying the Fairy Tail production committee didn't look to see that the Strike Witches production committee went with a timecast for Strike Witches to satisfy Gonzo's relationship with Crunchyroll, and succeeded in getting it picked up by Funimation.

However, its could well be a Sentai/Section23 title. The timecast makes sense for pitching it to Sentai as well, since they'll want to pick up the streaming rights for TheAnimeNetwork.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:14 pm Reply with quote
InnocentSorrow59 wrote:
Maybe, but it just doesn't feel like something FUNi would license. I don't know why... But I can hope. Unless it gets picked up by Sentai, then my hope will be murdered brutally.

You could be right, I just actually kind of initially thought the opposite, it feels like something to me that Funi would pick up, though like you I imagine my luck has sucked before and how strongly I'd be looking forwards to the dub for Fairy Tail as well I'm stuck worrying just like you and hoping. I guess I could possibly see Sentai since they don't have a single one of these "big adventure" shows yet so I suppose I could see them try to get a first, but I think it fits well with Funi since they've been pretty active with these when Viz hasn't been the one. Like One Piece, D.Gray-man, Soul Eater. I agree I really want to hear these lively characters dubbed in the near future.

InnocentSorrow59 wrote:
Honestly, I love Fairy Tail. It's light hearted like One Piece, but it's not a carbon copy. The characters are lovable, I love the arcs too, haven't found anything I hate about the manga or anime. (A few things bug me, but nothing severe.) The OST is just... AMAZING! It has an Irish rhythm to it, it's catchy, and gets you in the mood for ass kicking, or tear jerker moments. And I'm really looking forward to Charle and Wendy's voices now!

Agreed.
scorpionmonkey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:48 pm Reply with quote
I love this show, ever since it came out as a manga. I do agree that is has that one piece kinda vibe to it.

Seeing as how Funimation is lately getting everything under the sun I won't be surprised if they aquire it. But on the other hand there are so many characters that I sense this one being dubbed in L.A. for some reason.

I for one sense that if LA gets the dub, some of these VA's will be cast. I see Kyle Hebert being cast as Grey, I see Wendee Lee being cast as Erza, and I see Stephanie Sheh being cast as Mirajane. It's hard to tell who will be cast as Natsu...but my intuition tells me that Johnny Yong Bosch or Yuri Lowenthal will get that role.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:09 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
this show has some of the worst animation I have ever seen. I admit backgrounds and character designs look nice, but The fights are horrible. There's no actual fluidity, it's all just a bunch of quick cuts.

That's me. I checked this series out because of Rie Kugimiya and was able to stick with it for about 25 episodes because of her and Lucy, but after a while the crap quality fights (and the fact that it's a blatant knock off of One Piece) were enough for me to drop it and never look back.

Good news for those who care though.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:30 pm Reply with quote
This is great news, I'm a huge fan of Fairy Tail, I read the manga too but only del rey's books.

As for anime, I've seen episodes 1-47.

Last edited by Kid Ryan on Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
(and the fact that it's a blatant knock off of One Piece)

Wow, people still think this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4