• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NIS America Adds Love Live! School Idol Project Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draneor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
^ *sigh* Again with the MSRP argument. Rolling Eyes

NO ONE PAYS MSRP ANYMORE. If someone's charging you the full manufacturer's suggested retail price, you're shopping at the wrong store.

When making a comparison, it's important to use a standard metric that is equal for all products. MSRP serves that purpose. No one using that metric actual thinks most people pay MSRP. But if you don't standardize the price somehow--your data is wonky.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:39 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
Though strange that NISA picks this up before the feedback on the show. The show may turn out to be undeserving of the higher-than-regular market that NISA usually aims for, so they may take a bath on this.

This is the show that most fans in Japan who keep up with sales numbers expect to be the surprise hit of the season... so maybe Nisa is looking to get it when its cheaper instead of getting it when its license cost is a lot higher since it was a big seller in Japan.

Good point about cheaper. But American tastes sometimes diverge from Japan's, and I'm afraid "idol" may be one of those times. I'm not saying it won't sell, just that it may not sell at higher prices that NISA usually charges.
gothicangel89

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
gothicangel89 wrote:
There are fans that can't keep up with subtitles or they just don't like reading the subtitles. At least the majority of anime fans that aren't fluent in Japanese.

Plus, do you have any idea how hard it is to enjoy watching anime without pausing every single minute just to read the subtitles?

You get used to it. I don't even really notice reading subtitles anymore and focus on whats going on instead of focusing on the text. I couldn't imagine having to pause just to read them.

But seriously, you're watching a foreign media and complaining its in a foreign language. Doesn't that sound a bit silly?

I struggle with reading. It's always been like this. Whether I read out loud or in my mind, I have trouble reading.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
Nope, you can bring up the points and refute their criticisms but you can't "talk down to them" as the rules specifically state to disagree respectfully or not at all.

I think it was pretty apparent that I was being facetious Keonyn.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:11 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
^ *sigh* Again with the MSRP argument. Rolling Eyes

NO ONE PAYS MSRP ANYMORE. If someone's charging you the full manufacturer's suggested retail price, you're shopping at the wrong store.

Jesus, again with the NO ONE PAYS MSRP ANYMORE argument. Yeah, genius we know. The reason why MSRP gets cited in pricing comparison is that it's the most fair way to compare the products of two different distributors. Jesus Christ, it's a pretty simple concept. Retail discounts vary wildly from retailer to retailer and even WITHIN the same retailer when you take into account special sales. Will you effin' relax about the no one pays MSRP crap?
dragon695

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:23 am Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:
Why does NIS dub their games, but not their anime? I don't think I'd get this anime even if it was dubbed, but there's still AnoHana, and Bunny Drop...

It's not like dubbing would improve yet another dumb Idol show.
kazziyan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:45 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
Though strange that NISA picks this up before the feedback on the show. The show may turn out to be undeserving of the higher-than-regular market that NISA usually aims for, so they may take a bath on this.

This is the show that most fans in Japan who keep up with sales numbers expect to be the surprise hit of the season... so maybe Nisa is looking to get it when its cheaper instead of getting it when its license cost is a lot higher since it was a big seller in Japan.

Good point about cheaper. But American tastes sometimes diverge from Japan's, and I'm afraid "idol" may be one of those times. I'm not saying it won't sell, just that it may not sell at higher prices that NISA usually charges.

I'm a little afraid as well, but I hope NISA keeps their sales expectations in check for this.

dragon695 wrote:
Kurohei wrote:
Why does NIS dub their games, but not their anime? I don't think I'd get this anime even if it was dubbed, but there's still AnoHana, and Bunny Drop...

It's not like dubbing would improve yet another dumb Idol show.

Why are you even here?
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:34 am Reply with quote
I'm starting to get kind of sick of reading the same discussion whenever NISA acquires a new show. Some people prefer dubs, some people prefer subs. Can't we all just learn to get along? I sincerely doubt that most of the people commenting about the lack of a dub would have bought this show even if it had gotten one.

ANYWAY. To get back to Love Live!, it looks cute enough and since I love NISA's releases, I'll probably end up getting this one.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Nico87 wrote:
Indeed, I also think that it's the first anime they've acquired before it actually airs.

You are forgetting the fourth Natsume Yuujinchou series:
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-12-30/nis-america-to-release-natsume-yujin-cho-anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4