• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sword Art Online II's 1st Promo, Main Cast, Staff Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pokenar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
midori kou wrote:

spoiler[Phantom Bullet is essentially a mystery/action/drama story arc where Kirito investigates Gun Gale Online and a player's untimely death in relation to the game. It also goes over the guilt and trauma Kirito has for having his crimes in SAO going unpunished.]

So now he's like vr video game detective? Also, what crimes did he commit in SAO? The only things I can think of would fall under pretty clear cut self-defense. Even then there were practically none.

I'll be going into detail in the spoiler, be warned spoiler[During an incident not shown, they found the HQ of laughing coffin, and the front line players gathered to raid with the intent to capture them, however the information was leaked and they were surprise attacked, in his fear and rage, Kirito killed 3 Laughing Coffin members, and was praised for it instead of punished, which eats at him]
CrisGer A.A.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:10 pm Reply with quote
This is wonderful news and I am very very happy about this. Best news all year as far as I am concerned and the year is just one day old!

the first season of Sword Art Online was one of the best anime in a long time, and among the all time classics in just about every category, design, character design, story, art, animation and impact and is a thoughtful and powerful interpretation of both fantasy themes, modern life and a wonderful example of high anime.

It is one of the most popular as well, the small group of naysayers here is sad to see for they show that they just do not understand anime much to be so down on this wonderful series. And to have another entire season to look forward to is a great gift and a wonderful new years gift as well. The director and staff are all great choices and I am sure we can look forward to some great character development and story unfolding. I am glad to see Kirito again and Asuna and all of our favorite characters and i am actually ok now with the sis con aspect and think it will provide some interesting competition for Asuna, they have made the sister character a bit more sexy and intersting and her in game character is hot.

So I am very thankful and wish we could delete the first three pages of bickering and nasty posts. There is no reason to post at all about a show that you don't like except to try to troll is and I am tired of such immature antics. Let's be happy ..i surely am.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:39 pm Reply with quote
pokenar wrote:
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
midori kou wrote:

spoiler[Phantom Bullet is essentially a mystery/action/drama story arc where Kirito investigates Gun Gale Online and a player's untimely death in relation to the game. It also goes over the guilt and trauma Kirito has for having his crimes in SAO going unpunished.]

So now he's like vr video game detective? Also, what crimes did he commit in SAO? The only things I can think of would fall under pretty clear cut self-defense. Even then there were practically none.

I'll be going into detail in the spoiler, be warned spoiler[During an incident not shown, they found the HQ of laughing coffin, and the front line players gathered to raid with the intent to capture them, however the information was leaked and they were surprise attacked, in his fear and rage, Kirito killed 3 Laughing Coffin members, and was praised for it instead of punished, which eats at him]

Oh the poor baby.
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
pokenar wrote:
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
midori kou wrote:

Oh the poor baby.

Yeah, because spoiler[killing people] is no big deal. Why would anyone feel bad about that. Rolling Eyes
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:15 pm Reply with quote
CrisGer A.A. wrote:

So I am very thankful and wish we could delete the first three pages of bickering and nasty posts. There is no reason to post at all about a show that you don't like except to try to troll is and I am tired of such immature antics.

Eh, it's really nothing. All these bickerings and counter-bickerings have always been done before such as, say, Hollywood stuff and even heck Ghibli films - and we all do it (don't deny it). We're all haters to something or another, so it's funny when we call out other people on it. Laughing

Last edited by enurtsol on Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Bright_Spear wrote:

Yeah, because spoiler[killing people] is no big deal. Why would anyone feel bad about that. Rolling Eyes

Yes, he killed some murders, in battle. What a terrible thing he did.
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Bright_Spear wrote:

Wow, such insights into the human mind. Its so inexcusable to feel bad about killing people. You guys really convinced me that you know your stuff about "bad writing".
Bugnin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Bright_Spear wrote:

Actually? Yeah. Anyone with common sense and half a brain would have issues with that.
Eisenmann V

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Bugnin wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Bright_Spear wrote:

Actually? Yeah. Anyone with common sense and half a brain would have issues with that.

And to be honest, a PTSD plot would be the most emotion displayed so far.
pokenar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Eisenmann V wrote:
Bugnin wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Bright_Spear wrote:

And to be honest, a PTSD plot would be the most emotion displayed so far.

spoiler[Funny thing, that's pretty much exactly what the new girl; Sinon has]
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:28 am Reply with quote
Sneakybeagle wrote:
no need to hate on SAO so hard overall did fairly well. I look forward to 2 Smile

unfortunately i hate to admit it, but i am not. if it was a different main character then yea i would be up for it considering that .hack had different main characters for their series.

dont know why their bringing back Kirito since he have already served his usefulness. the only way i would see the reason why is that something really bad happen in the OVA.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pokenar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:52 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Sneakybeagle wrote:
no need to hate on SAO so hard overall did fairly well. I look forward to 2 Smile

unfortunately i hate to admit it, but i am not. if it was a different main character then yea i would be up for it considering that .hack had different main characters for their series.

don't know why their bringing back Kirito since he have already served his usefulness. the only way i would see the reason why is that something really bad happen in the OVA.

They are "bringing him back" because this is based on a light novel, which did not change its title to "Sword Art Online II" when it finished the Fairy Dance arc, it kept the same "Sword Art Online" title, as such, it should keep the protagonist. Fairy Dance took up volumes 3 and 4, this next arc which SAOII uses for at least the first half is volumes 5 and 6.
lolsmile269

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:43 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Julliant"][quote="Freakmasta"]Is this new arc going to better than that garbage fairy arc? I think a lot of hate comes from that.[/quote]

I never read the novels but what I hear is that Gun Gale Online is the best arc.[/quote] I hope :!:
Bugnin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Mother's Rosario was my personal favorite arc, but GGO is very good.
pokenar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:03 pm Reply with quote
lolsmile269 wrote:
Julliant wrote:
Freakmasta wrote:
Is this new arc going to better than that garbage fairy arc? I think a lot of hate comes from that.

I never read the novels but what I hear is that Gun Gale Online is the best arc.
I hope Exclamation

My personal opinion goes something like Phantom Bullet (the name of the GGO arc) > Mother's Rosario > Aincrad > Fairy Dance

I'm waiting for Alicization to finish before I start it
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5