• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Set List - Top 10 EDs of 2015

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MurphysLaw

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:27 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Lupin III Part 4 - "Chanto Iwanakya Ai Sainai" It's a shame this show hasn't gotten that much attention, hopefully now that CR picked it up, that will be compensated, because both OP and ED are fantastic (and so is the series). It's an unusual song, but I adore the period piece feel of it, the singing lady is absolutely gorgeous and the scenes where you can see her singing are magical, especially when she pulls the raspiest parts of the song.

The only ED I didn't skip even once and sadly the show will get more of the much deserved attention, since it is awesome Very Happy
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:30 am Reply with quote
#850017 wrote:
Man, am I the only one who liked Waiting for the Rain by Maaya Sakamoto (full song, not the ED) from The Asterisk War?

Oh crap! I forgot about that one. Yeah, it is extremely good. I think I need to redo my list now.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:09 am Reply with quote
I only watched a handful of anime series this year and I wouldn't say any EDs on the shows I watched would make my all-time top 10 endings, but, to pick one, I gotta go with "Hidamari Days" from Himouto! Umaru-chan, an upbeat pop song that reminds me of the kind of songs that were used as ending themes in the mid-1990s, when I first really got into anime. It's not that similar musically, but the mood of the enjoying-a-soda-on-a-patio-near-the-beach visuals make me think of not one but two Marmalade Boy endings plus a touch of the Minami-ke Okaeri ending (can't find a video of it on Youtube).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:25 am Reply with quote
Orphans Tears!

MISIA @ KOUHAKU woohoo! Fabulous singer.
kgw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:45 am Reply with quote
Maybe it's because I am older, but something in Gundam IBO's ED reminds me of the old mecha anime shows, like Layzner, Gundam Z and ZZ, Dougram, etc. At first I thougt instead of Misia the singer was MIO.

Also, I loved Hello Shooting Star, too.

No problem with IBO's OP being ignored. I liked them in Deadly Sins better...
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:21 am Reply with quote
I am in shock at how the 2nd ending from Shigatsu isn't on this list. I mean its beautifully sung and so emotional. It hits you right in the feels during the later episodes to the point where you might break at any moment.
Doodleboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:31 am Reply with quote
One ending I liked from 2015 that wasn't on this list, honestly my only criteria is "Do I play this theme over and over again?" would be the Perfect Insider ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85yzpU9Wk9w

Have no idea about the lyrics other then it references seven, but since the show is pretty thematically bunk I guess it doesn't matter much. The Linux based animation is kind of a work of art by itself independent of the actual series.

Which is kind of a tragedy. They worked so hard on the adaptation with some good art-direction and music choices, but the source material was kind of trash.
Mints97

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:08 am Reply with quote
I somehow knew number 1 before I watched it. It is among my most favorite ed-s!
CaRoss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:36 pm Reply with quote
My top 10 list of endings for 2015 definitely shares the top two spots with Hope's (although in a different order). But it was a difficult year to make this decision as there were plenty of great endings this year.

Here's my top 10

10. Genesis - Aldnoah.Zero Season 2
Eir Aoi had two really good songs used as ending themes this year, but I found Aldnoah's to be better than Arslan's. Genesis was such a heartfelt song and it did a lot to remind what was really at stake in this dangerous game between Inaho and Slaine.

9. Season - Seven Deadly Sins
As the ending that aired for the second half of the series (between January and April), I have to give this one a spot as it blended with the ending scenes of many of the second half's episodes really well. It's also just really charming, with Meliodas and Elizabeth walking along together, while we get scenes of all the other cast members in the background.

8. Calling My Twilight - Anti-Magic Academy The 35th Test Platoon
While the rest of the series has some serious issues, the ending theme is most definitely not one of them. Although visually basic, Ito Kanako's vocals really carry this track and make it one of the better endings of 2015.

7. L.L.L. - Overlord
I did not enjoy Overlord as much as everyone else seemed to, but the ending theme was awesome. From some creepy, yet alluring, images of Albedo, to the great musical backing, this ending was always a pleasure to watch and listen to.

6. Fubuki - Kantai Collection
So much energy. This one was such a great cap off to each episode of the series, even if I wasn't totally sold on the series as a whole (despite being a fan of the browser game). Shiena Nishizawa's vocals are great, and I can't wait to hear so much more from her in the coming years.

5. Hello Shooting Star - Assassination Classroom
Just a great track that was such a soothing way to end out each episode of the first half of the series.

4. Akatsuki - Yona of the Dawn
The second ending to Yona of the Dawn, another masterpiece from Akiko Shikata was a perfect cap to each episode. It helps that I've been a huge fan of Ms. Shikata's voice since the Ar Tonelico games, but here it's just astounding.

3. Waiting for the Rain - The Asterisk War
I was not expecting this from the ending theme of this series. Maaya Sakamoto's vocals were spectacular and the visuals were great. It was not what

2. Sugar Song to Bitter Step - Blood Blockade Battlefront
An utterly fun track that definitely deserves to be watched by everyone at some point. It was really well animated and just an overall great piece from Unison Square Garden.

1. Kisetsu wa Tsugitsugi Shindeiku - Tokyo Ghoul Root A
Wow, I just absolutely love amazarashi. They are such a great group, and their opening for Ranpo Kitan was pretty darn awesome as well, but this was their standout track of 2015. Add in Sui Ishida's artwork, and the extremely dark lyrics, and it's my favourite of the year.

Junyor wrote:
Man, am I the only one who liked Waiting for the Rain by Maaya Sakamoto (full song, not the ED) from The Asterisk War?

You are most definitely not the only one. If it weren't for the utterly high quality of Tokyo Ghoul's and BBB's endings, it would definitely be my favourite of 2015 (and it's a lot more fun, in my opinion, to listen to over and over). I think it just gets forgotten, or flat out ignored, because most people didn't seem to make it past episode 1 of Asterisk War on here.
omiya

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Hi, in the original article on 2nd January 2016 it stated:

Quote:

we'll post the results alongside the OP poll picks next week.

Where are the results posted?

PS the list at animenewsnetwork.com/the-set-list/ is still way out of date.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4