• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Shippūden Anime Reveals Visual For New Arc Starting in May

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:08 pm Reply with quote
danpmss wrote:
Dayblack wrote:

Most franchise pierrot, today is Osomatsu.
Bleach was canceled due to poor sales of the manga.
Naruto now can finish because TV Tokyo found a replacement that is D. gray man. And Naruto was giving him time to D. gray man to develop its chapters.
AOT owner is WIT study, no one else can touch unless they sell their rights or not renewed.

All wrong.

First of all, the most important franchise in Pierrot nowadays is Naruto (Osomatsu sold a lot of BDs, but Naruto gives it much more audience and absurdly many more contracts (western TV exhibition of the show) for them than Japanese Audience exclusive (and Fujoshi centered) late night show.

Second, Bleach was cancelled because the filler chapters and the horrendous pacing did the show so bad that a lot of people stopped watching. The ultimate decision after since it would be impossible to go along with the last arc of the series at that point was to take it out of there after finishing the latest completed arc of the series. Both the blu-ray/DVDs and manga of Bleach sold and still sell a lot (the disks sold well for a mainstream long running anime, and the manga still sells more than 750.000 copies per volume each year in Japan alone).

Naruto was being blatantly milked, it wasn't giving time for any other manga (D-Gray Man only returned from hiatus recently and it's now a monthly series in any case). And we don't even when is it (D-Gray Man) going to air in TV Tokyo yet (nor if Naruto is going to end just like the manga, ir if they are going to animate the rest of the books explaining what happened during the time skip).

Btw, AoT has literally nothing to do with all that.
What you said makes a lot of sense but I still have a hard time believing that the large amount of filler (and I do mean a lot) had a part in Bleach's anime being cancelled. If that's the case Naruto would've been sacked years ago. But then again the filler in Naruto at times can be very entertaining, something that I can't say about the fillers in Bleach. I mean words cannot describe how bad the Fullbring arc was. But hey, if Sailor Moon can be revived, anything can. So I look forward to it coming back someday becusse the Blood War arc is incredible.
danpmss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:
danpmss wrote:
Pierrot. wrote:
Ryu Shoji wrote:
GamerTimeUSA wrote:
I'm an anime only and have waited it out for so long (Even though I know the ending). please give us good animation and actually finish it!!

Sadly, that's one thing that definitely won't happen. I liked the series' animation during Part 1, but I've personally found Shippuden's to be a sharp downward trend from the moment it began. I tried to watch the recent Itachi arc but had to throw in the towel because frankly, Studio DEEN looks better.

I soldiered through The Last Naruto The Movie due to its relevance to the canon but even then, I was hoping Pierrot would have done more for a movie.

What are you talking about? Some of Shippuden's canon episode have the best animated fight sequence you could find in anime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I6QbXrL5TE

Hoo-?

Try Ufotable's Fate/Zero or Fate/Stay Night, then we can talk about best animated fight sequences in anime. FMAB also has a better fight animation than Naruto's canon material.

Please. Flashy flashes and explosions=/= good choreography. F/SN UBW had one good fight and that's the prologue one. Berserker vs Saber was blegh. Some cool moments but that's it.

Wake me up when ufotable does something like the Pain vs Naruto fight or something like the link below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXJEtdcRjK4

Derpy faces, out-of-model characters and frame skipped movements in a very messy environment aren't good choreography at all LOL (Kingdom has some better CG war-like battles than this, and it's a fairly economical production). There is nothing wrong with flashes and explosions unless they are the only thing that actually happens in the whole sequence (as if your sakugas of Naruto didn't have that at all, btw).

Choreographies are meant to be fluid, a thing Naruto anime can hardly do once, for a single episode alone (not even its best moments have that, as shown in. Out of all the hundreds of episodes, you reaaally need to search through a lot of content to actually find a valuable sakuga.

Here some examples of not "hur dur flashy flashes and explosions" in Fate:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WuLwXV9exqY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ulUcW6xcR0

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qwAPYxwjYZY

And just for fun, one "flashy and explosive" extremely fluid sequences:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4zDt40QiY_4

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W59Cx458B-M

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvgkIlpJsLQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pH4yh1y1Hsc

Pierrot. wrote:
danpmss wrote:
And take a look in the 148 episodes HunterxHunter, that also has an amazing animation in every single episode to date. The consistence in long running anime can actually exist if someone really tries.

What a joke. Most of it in the beginning is just a slide show and you obviously seem to haven't watched the 1999 version of Hunter x Hunter since it's superior to it in every single way.

They are equally great for their time and animation style, you either don't know how to properly evaluate the sakuga, or you are just a nostalgia die-hard fan for even thinking like that about the remake (while also trying to avoid talking about the latter part of the anime by saying "in the beginning", since the the quality instead of decaying during the airing like most long running do, it only got better with the time):

1999:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rfFOiW8GnGo

2011 remake (only the beginning of the series, which you were criticizing):
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XkDD9v7OEJQ

Now, if we talk about Chimera Ants as a whole, I might as well post most of its episodes in here :v
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:07 pm Reply with quote
danpmss wrote:
Derpy faces, out-of-model characters and frame skipped movements in a very messy environment aren't good choreography at all LOL

I'm pretty sure we were talking about animation here. Not art so please enlighten me how derpy face, out-of-model character is even related to good choreography or well "animated" fight sequences.

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with flashes and explosions unless they are the only thing that actually happens in the whole sequence (as if your sakugas of Naruto didn't have that at all, btw).

Yes. Most of F/SN is exactly fx effect spams and no Naruto doesn't use it in every fight. Most of it is just simple hand to hand combat.

Quote:
Choreographies are meant to be fluid, a thing Naruto anime can hardly do once, for a single episode alone (not even its best moments have that, as shown in. Out of all the hundreds of episodes, you reaaally need to search through a lot of content to actually find a valuable sakuga.

Oh God. First you have to realize that's not what choreography even means.

cho·re·og·ra·phy
ˌkôrēˈäɡrəfē/
noun
noun: choreography; plural noun: choreographies

- the sequence of steps and movements in dance or figure skating, especially in a ballet or other staged dance.
- the art or practice of designing choreographic sequences.
- the written notation for a choreographic sequence.

^ Nothing there mentions anything about fluidity. What you're talking about is just related to good animation.
And you do realize the Pain vs Naruto episode has over 15,000 frames right? The entire episode is just 20 minutes of animation running on roughly 12 frames/drawings per second. That's as fluid as it can get.

For comparison's sake an average anime episode has 3,000 to 4,000 frames.

Quote:

The first two are bland as fudge. What's so interesting about the first two? I'll admit the third one has good choreography but nothing compared to Kakashi vs Obito or Rock Lee vs Gaara.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ouc1nctAz0k

Quote:

Ugh thanks for proving my point that most of the fights in F/SN is just flashy lights and particle affects.

Quote:
They are equally great for their time and animation style, you either don't know how to properly evaluate the sakuga, or you are just a nostalgia die-hard fan for even thinking like that about the remake (while also trying to avoid talking about the latter part of the anime by saying "in the beginning", since the the quality instead of decay during the airing like most long running do, it only got better with the time):

1999:

Now, if we talk about Chimera Ants as a whole, I might as well post most of its episodes in here :v

I was talking about it in general (Storyboarding, Art design, Sound etc). Not just animation alone.
https://twolongfourtwitlonger.wordpress.com/2014/12/21/hxh-99-hxh-2011-btw/

Last edited by Pierrot. on Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:08 pm Reply with quote
danpmss wrote:
Dayblack wrote:

Naruto now can finish because TV Tokyo found a replacement that is D. gray man. And Naruto was giving him time to D. gray man to develop its chapters.
AOT owner is WIT study, no one else can touch unless they sell their rights or not renewed.

All wrong.

First of all, the most important franchise in Pierrot nowadays is Naruto (Osomatsu sold a lot of BDs, but Naruto gives it much more audience and absurdly many more contracts (western TV exhibition of the show) for them than Japanese Audience exclusive (and Fujoshi centered) late night show.

Second, Bleach was cancelled because the filler chapters and the horrendous pacing did the show so bad that a lot of people stopped watching. The ultimate decision after since it would be impossible to go along with the last arc of the series at that point was to take it out of there after finishing the latest completed arc of the series. Both the blu-ray/DVDs and manga of Bleach sold and still sell a lot (the disks sold well for a mainstream long running anime, and the manga still sells more than 750.000 copies per volume each year in Japan alone).

Naruto was being blatantly milked, it wasn't giving time for any other manga (D-Gray Man only returned from hiatus recently and it's now a monthly series in any case). And we don't even when is it (D-Gray Man) going to air in TV Tokyo yet (nor if Naruto is going to end just like the manga, ir if they are going to animate the rest of the books explaining what happened during the time skip).

D.Gray-man's coming out in July. And as far as I'm concerned, if it IS replacing a show, then that show is probably Fairy Tail. Expect Shippuden to go on for at least another year with post-canon material. As for Bleach, you just said all the reasons as to why it should continue. The manga and anime still sell, they have plenty of content (over 100 episodes worth if just going by canon), and the series is literally all that Pierrot - not TV Tokyo - really has to work with in terms of long-running show.
TrueZangetsu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:46 pm Reply with quote
SailorNaruto wrote:
danpmss wrote:
Dayblack wrote:

All wrong.

What you said makes a lot of sense but I still have a hard time believing that the large amount of filler (and I do mean a lot) had a part in Bleach's anime being cancelled. If that's the case Naruto would've been sacked years ago. But then again the filler in Naruto at times can be very entertaining, something that I can't say about the fillers in Bleach. I mean words cannot describe how bad the Fullbring arc was. But hey, if Sailor Moon can be revived, anything can. So I look forward to it coming back someday becusse the Blood War arc is incredible.

You just can't compare bleach to Naruto. Bleach had a so much slower pace in the Manga that each week feels like nothing happened even though the story as a whole progresses fast. Naruto had a lot of content in one chapter , bleach doesn't. Which is why bleach was decoded to be cut instead of creating yet another filler arc that won't sell and Naruto wasn't.
Naruto doesn't need as much filler as bleach would. Also Naruto is the bigger franchise by a lot so yea Naruto still runs. But bleach is insanely huge for a series in general. If it doesn't make a return that's regrettable and weird.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Filler kind of killed BLEACH, and it kind of didn't.

The BLEACH anime regularly scored high ratings for the Substitute Soul Reaper and Soul Society arcs, but then the Bount arc happened, and they basically never recovered. But, then, the Arrancar arc starts and the show still runs for another six years. How? BLEACH, as a franchise, saw its peak from 2006-2009, and the anime had higher-than-average disc sales for this type of series. TV ratings weren't that important in the grand scheme of things.

Fast forward to the end of the Arrancar arc, and the start of the Lost Agent arc. Volume sales are decreasing steadily, and fan favor by way of ToC Jump rankings more or less plummets. The job of a long-running shonen anime is to be a big commercial for its manga. If the core product, the manga, is bleeding, then obviously the big commercial isn't doing its job. Why is the manga bleeding? Everybody's got an opinion.

It's basically the opposite of Naruto, which maintained steady manga sales throughout the entirety of its run. People complain Shippuden won't end, but why would it? Unlike the BLEACH anime, Shippuden is very much still doing what it's supposed to do: keep Naruto in the public eye. The Boruto manga is coming. If you think Naruto GT is not in the works, you're crazy. If you think more Naruto movies and novels and SUN Storm games aren't coming, you're crazy. If you think Naruto the franchise is just going to "end"-end with zero new products coming out until the well is bone-dry, you're crazy. A Sexy Jutsu Naruto figure was literally just announced.
danpmss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:
danpmss wrote:
Derpy faces, out-of-model characters and frame skipped movements in a very messy environment aren't good choreography at all LOL

I'm pretty sure we were talking about animation here. Not art so please enlighten me how derpy face, out-of-model character is even related to good choreography or well "animated" fight sequences.

Are you possibly saying that derpy faces and out-of-model characters are not badly animated? Please.

In that case Studio Deen's When They Cry series must be your paradise of quality animation.

Quote:

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with flashes and explosions unless they are the only thing that actually happens in the whole sequence (as if your sakugas of Naruto didn't have that at all, btw).

Yes. Most of F/SN is exactly fx effect spams and no Naruto doesn't use it in every fight. Most of it is just simple hand to hand combat.

Nor Fate use in every single fight, and when it does, it does right.

Quote:

Quote:

Oh God. First you have to realize that's not what choreography even means.

cho·re·og·ra·phy
ˌkôrēˈäɡrəfē/
noun
noun: choreography; plural noun: choreographies

- the sequence of steps and movements in dance or figure skating, especially in a ballet or other staged dance.
- the art or practice of designing choreographic sequences.
- the written notation for a choreographic sequence.

^ Nothing there mentions anything about fluidity. What you're talking about is just related to good animation.
And you do realize the Pain vs Naruto episode has over 15,000 frames right? The entire episode is just 20 minutes of animation running on roughly 12 frames/drawings per second. That's as fluid as it can get.

For comparison's sake an average anime episode has 3,000 to 4,000 frames.

Do you really think a "sequence of steps and movements in dance or figure skating, especially in a ballet or other staged dance" would be somehow good without being fluid (unless it is a very specific genre of choreography... Which obviously is not a fight sequence)?

Don't go full dictionary mode when you know exactly where am I arriving at.

And as you said, it is fully related to good animation.

As for NarutoxPain battle, it is a mixed bag of horribly animated sequences and outstanding action performances.

And the same goes for Madara battle. Both are fast paced messy pieces of sakuga that reunite both great and terrible examples of how to do a fight scene.

No matter how many frames it has dedicated to its action sequences, if they are poorly done, what's the point of being meticulously well recited (in terms of nice choreography). As I said, if a choreography is not fluid and consistent, it's just as bad as a robot interpreting Michael Jackson, or in this case, a more relatable example, a Kung Fu fighter modifying his body measures and remodeling his own face while quick attacking someone or something, and even worse, in a fairly well detailed (in a real world example, a Full HD 60fps camera recording the moment) sequence (many frames dedicated for it).

And talking about frames, I shall add that while Fate Zero and UBW actually has less frames than it seems to be, with that number alone (and great use of CG, they could make sequences that are much more fluid and well executed than most of the anime (in this case, their battle sequences) with more frames than it. It's as simple as that, frames quantity means nothing if they are not properly done (Ghibli movies are the perfect example of how to use frames in large (Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi) or short (Omohide Poro Poro) scale properly. The same goes to Makoto Shinkai's works (were even in his movies with less amounts of frames the quality is so spectacular nobody would even notice a thing).

You want a good fight sequence with fluid action similar to Naruto, as you mentioned that the comparison is kinda off because of the kind of battle (even though Pain battle is full of explosions and flashy action). Ok then, here is an actual outstanding example of how you should do an early japanese sort of battle properly well animated: Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop (both from Watanabe)

Quote:

Quote:

The first two are bland as fudge. What's so interesting about the first two? I'll admit the third one has good choreography but nothing compared to Kakashi vs Obito or Rock Lee vs Gaara.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ouc1nctAz0k

The first one is really fluid and have a great execution of each movement during the action sequences (and by the way, there's much less frames involved while doing it, than what people would normally, just to demonstrate how detailed and well animated the whole thing was).

The third one is on pair with both in my opinion (giving a lot of credit for Gaara vs Rock Lee, adding, that fight is amazing). Kakashi vs Obito is probably my favorite war fight after Itachi and Sasuke vs Kabuto (Never said there weren't awesome battle scenes in Naruto, just said many either failed in execution and consistence or just were poorly made in general (it has more than 700 episodes, so it is undeniably comprehensible that most of the content isn't as great as its main fights... And even those, as I expressed myself above, have some failures that manage to outshine its magnificences)).

Quote:

Quote:

Ugh thanks for proving my point that most of the fights in F/SN is just flashy lights and particle affects.

Amazingly well done fights that are flashy and full of shiny special effects that are by no means bad. Honestly, you can even say the content sucks (like people in here, on ANN, did), but the animation is just undeniably beautiful and well presented in there.

Quote:

Quote:
They are equally great for their time and animation style, you either don't know how to properly evaluate the sakuga, or you are just a nostalgia die-hard fan for even thinking like that about the remake (while also trying to avoid talking about the latter part of the anime by saying "in the beginning", since the the quality instead of decay during the airing like most long running do, it only got better with the time):

1999:

I was talking about it in general (Storyboarding, Art design, Sound etc). Not just animation alone.
https://twolongfourtwitlonger.wordpress.com/2014/12/21/hxh-99-hxh-2011-btw/

Besides the atmospherical changes, you can't deny the amazing quality of the animation, regardless of the lessening impact this series have in its scenes compared to the 99 version (which was a big part of my childhood, mind you).

You can say the execution was inferior because of the changes in the background and the less quantity of details in the characters' expressions (kinda what happened with JoJo recently), but not only the adaptation was overall great, the animation, OST and the new "lighter-and-softer" atmosphere were top notch (even though I prefer the dark tones of the first version as well). My point was to address this example as one good long running anime with great and consistent animation (I could also have mentioned Space Brothers to a less extent, but nothing exceptional really happened in there in terms of action to comment about).
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
Filler kind of killed BLEACH, and it kind of didn't.

The BLEACH anime regularly scored high ratings for the Substitute Soul Reaper and Soul Society arcs, but then the Bount arc happened, and they basically never recovered. But, then, the Arrancar arc starts and the show still runs for another six years. How? BLEACH, as a franchise, saw its peak from 2006-2009, and the anime had higher-than-average disc sales for this type of series. TV ratings weren't that important in the grand scheme of things.

Fast forward to the end of the Arrancar arc, and the start of the Lost Agent arc. Volume sales are decreasing steadily, and fan favor by way of ToC Jump rankings more or less plummets. The job of a long-running shonen anime is to be a big commercial for its manga. If the core product, the manga, is bleeding, then obviously the big commercial isn't doing its job. Why is the manga bleeding? Everybody's got an opinion.

It's basically the opposite of Naruto, which maintained steady manga sales throughout the entirety of its run. People complain Shippuden won't end, but why would it? Unlike the BLEACH anime, Shippuden is very much still doing what it's supposed to do: keep Naruto in the public eye. The Boruto manga is coming. If you think Naruto GT is not in the works, you're crazy. If you think more Naruto movies and novels and SUN Storm games aren't coming, you're crazy. If you think Naruto the franchise is just going to "end"-end with zero new products coming out until the well is bone-dry, you're crazy. A Sexy Jutsu Naruto figure was literally just announced.

Actually that figure is of the Pervy Jutsu - there's a "difference". Also, manga sales aren't everything. Fairy Tail's volumes have sold an average of under 500,000 copies per volume. Bleach has an average of over a million. Seeing that Fairy Tail will finish the manga content eventually, I don't see why Bleach wouldn't under those circumstances.
danpmss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:19 pm Reply with quote
I think all we need is to have a reboot for Bleach in the next 2 years or so (at least before the end of the last arc), Naruto to finally end with no more filler (even though I would like them to adapt the time skip spin-off books before doing so) and to D-Gray Man to get some other time slot or day, as so we can have Bleach anime running in the future (unless edgy late-night debut with violent content like HxH after Chimera Ants started happens, which would be... Better in my opinion, as it was for HxH, since the early atmosphere kinda ruined the mood of the first arcs at some points).
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:23 pm Reply with quote
danpmss wrote:
I think all we need is to have a reboot for Bleach in the next 2 years or so (at least before the end of the last arc), Naruto to finally end with no more filler (even though I would like them to adapt the time skip spin-off books before doing so) and to D-Gray Man to get some other time slot or day, as so we can have Bleach anime running in the future (unless edgy late-night debut with violent content like HxH after Chimera Ants started happens, which would be... Better in my opinion, as it was for HxH, since the early atmosphere kinda ruined the mood of the first arcs at some points).

Exactly! Also for Naruto, they should adapt The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring. Meanwhile, I really hope Funimation licenses and dubs D.Gray-man Hollow now that Todd Haberkorn can temporarily ditch Natsu and spend all his time on Allen - wishful thinking since the first series was never fully dubbed, but... (Also, I hope when Viz gets to dubbing Adult Obito, Todd can play him - he's better than Vic Mignogna at the part based on the Storm games).
TrueZangetsu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:52 am Reply with quote
danpmss wrote:

By my profile picture you can tell what my opinion about bleach is.
But this year is literally bleachs best chance to make a comeback announcement.
Theres a mobile game with currently 13 million downloads that had a strong community and honestly a really good development. There's the rock musical that returned for bleach.
Hell there's even some new merchandise for bleach, I saw a commercial on Japanese TV for some anime school merch and bleach was among DragonBall and the others.
The main reason why is the anniversary though! Bleach has ad its 15th anniversary. If this isn't the time to buy bleach DVDs or licensed products to scream :HELL WE WANT MORE BLEACH MAN!!
then I don't know.
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:46 pm Reply with quote
TrueZangetsu wrote:
danpmss wrote:

By my profile picture you can tell what my opinion about bleach is.
But this year is literally bleachs best chance to make a comeback announcement.
Theres a mobile game with currently 13 million downloads that had a strong community and honestly a really good development. There's the rock musical that returned for bleach.
Hell there's even some new merchandise for bleach, I saw a commercial on Japanese TV for some anime school merch and bleach was among DragonBall and the others.
The main reason why is the anniversary though! Bleach has ad its 15th anniversary. If this isn't the time to buy bleach DVDs or licensed products to scream :HELL WE WANT MORE BLEACH MAN!!
then I don't know.

only time will tell if Bleach would make an anime comeback (if Jump festa doesn't have anything this year then I don't know) while I wouldn't mind a Bleach kai or whatever I would prefer a final act series mostly because the 1000 year blood war is the only arc that's not animated and ending the series on the worst canon arc is a little depressing. (glad to see no Bleach haters are roaming around here calling all the fans delusional for having love for the series, but that's probably because this is a Naruto article)
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:47 am Reply with quote
i'm hoping that once they have finished the canon story up to the end of spoiler[Naruto and Sasuke fight] that they adapt some of the Gaidens like "The Day Naruto Became Hokage" and "The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring"
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:15 am Reply with quote
i was just on crunchyroll and did a count of the "Infinite Tsukuyomi" filler and it was only 24 episodes, that's 2 DVD sets and that's not really that much for such a long running anime

and the previous filler arc (New Chunin Exam) was only 23 episodes long (again 2 sets worth)

WHAT IS EVERY ONE MOANING ABOUT?, yeah quality wise they weren't as good but they still wasn't really bad and unlike some other shows GOING BY EPISODE COUNT, not really that long either
danpmss

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:44 am Reply with quote
SageModeKakarot wrote:
i was just on crunchyroll and did a count of the "Infinite Tsukuyomi" filler and it was only 24 episodes, that's 2 DVD sets and that's not really that much for such a long running anime

and the previous filler arc (New Chunin Exam) was only 23 episodes long (again 2 sets worth)

WHAT IS EVERY ONE MOANING ABOUT?, yeah quality wise they weren't as good but they still wasn't really bad and unlike some other shows GOING BY EPISODE COUNT, not really that long either

Two almost consecutive 2-cour long filler are as bad as Bleach in those terms (and that one at least had a very valid reason for having this much, since the pacing is ridiculously slow per chapter, in the manga). Also for an anime that don't even need any more filler since the time these filler cours started (manga was finished), and that already have almost half of its whole content completely filler (not even counting the first Naruto), that is just absurd, and everyone that has at least some love for the series has all the rights to moan about that.

For comparisons:
http://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/naruto-shippuden
http://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/bleach

You want a good example of a "not even that much for a long-running series", take a look at One Piece:
http://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/one-piece
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5