• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Overlord TV Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Cool news. Between the compilation movie and indications that the anime significantly helped with book sales, I was hoping we'd get more Overlord. I know a lot of people doubted it since Madhouse has a lot of unfinished shows, but considering Madhouse is only a contractor, I don't see how that was much of a factor.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:41 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
Mitrospeed wrote:
I hope you people realize that it is nowhere confirmed to be produced by Madhouse. In fact there is a good chance it might have been given to someone else much like the Mahouka movie was. So yeah let's not get ahead of ourselves.

probably stuido NUT

A very good guess and it would not surprise me in the least if they end up at least collaborating on it. They probably have more room for new projects as a newer studio
Raijin83

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
OH man the signs were there..but to see it finally annouced...OH HAPPY DAY>

MADHOUSE YOUR DAYS OF NOT PRODUCING SEQUALS ARE OVER.

One Punch Man S2
No Game No Life:zero (Movie)
Overlord S2

2017 is the year of Anime Galore Very Happy

it's not Madhouse's fault for no season x of y anime. anime are like live action TV series. if they don't sell, they get canceled. for example Merlin, Mentalist, etc
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Raijin83 wrote:

it's not Madhouse's fault for no season x of y anime. anime are like live action TV series. if they don't sell, they get canceled. for example Merlin, Mentalist, etc

Well... kind of. Poorly selling anime usually won't get more anime. But it doesn't really work like Western TV at all. Anime is generally ordered in seasons, usually sets of 11-13 episodes, and production will be started on all of that before the season even begins. They don't really cancel anime during a run because they can't afford to stop production on something that has already been undertaken. That's just a waste of resources. They might cancel future seasons that were planned, if production hasn't begun yet, but it's pretty rare that something risky is approved for more than one season to begin with. A lot of these one season shows were made to promote something else anyway, and the production committee is often interested in it for a lot of different reasons, so whether we get more or not is very often pretty independent of how well the show actually did on TV, or Blu-ray.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Great news! I had hoped the movie would be a sign of this =)
Sachiko2010

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:55 pm Reply with quote
This is great news. One of my most favorite anime from the last few years. I've been buying the light novels as they've been released by Yen Press to hold me over in anticipation of a second season. I'm so happy. Thanks Madhouse! Smile

So, can we also get another season of Grimgar?! (Realizing it's a different studio, of course.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4