• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Holiday Logo Contest Winner

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elchfaenger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:27 am Reply with quote
EmDiPi_Micke wrote:
The picture is almost perfect, so stop complaining. (It's only almost because she is too thin, is she anorectic or what?)

Stop complaining? Shocked Please do so!

Stuff for Christmas has first and foremost to be CUTE! And at that aspect the picture was a complete success. As far as I can see, nobody denies that.

About the sexiness opinions might differ, I for instance think she's sexy as well, but thats not the issue here.

jgreen wrote:
It's really a shame that ANN cropped the picture where they did....you can't see her antlers! She's got little reindeer antlers in the full pic that really complete the Xmas vibe, if you ask me.

You're right, those antlers make it even cuter! But sadly it makes the picture pretty tall. Why didn't they move it more to the left, where the Ragtime-thing was? There even a bigger version would have fit.
What irritates me is that I get via this link you posted to a page where I can order a copy of it. Why is this about commerce already??
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:00 pm Reply with quote
jgreen wrote:
It's really a shame that ANN cropped the picture where they did....you can't see her antlers! She's got little reindeer antlers in the full pic that really complete the Xmas vibe, if you ask me.

Actually, miya-ko cropped it that way when she submitted it.

-t
jgreen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Elchfaenger wrote:

What irritates me is that I get via this link you posted to a page where I can order a copy of it. Why is this about commerce already??

Well that's DeviantArt's thing. You *can* turn off the option of having your art available for sale, but really, who wouldn't want to leave that on, just on the off chance that someone might want to buy it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Miya-ko

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Yup I crop cause the space for puting her was very small I try to put it complete but it really didn't look good >.0!

Mmm hahaha XD you know one irony! I usally made girls with bigger "body" xD but usually people critizese me A LOT , plus this a contest my darlings! I cant put bigger 'cause they will say me ugly things that I dont want to hear x3! iike "she win because of the boobs!! ¬¬!! NOO!" and well pretty much it would feel ugly ;_;! so Im triying to change my style to a not such boluptous style since they say me very ugly thingies ;_;u so, thats it. I dont want to be critized in that aspect, I can take many many critizes but its not funny when they say the whole drawing its bad cause of the measures ( they were just gonzo style but well...) so...

Third~ Yes it says about the shop but no body need to actually purchase it. I just leave it on cause well just because doesnt hurt anyone really cause really no body its going to purchase it soo XD

Ahh thanks everyone that has liked it soo far!! you are such a cuties and you have been very nice with me!! I really really Im amazed by your cuteness!! I wish you the best and have a happy christmas eve! enjoy and eat a lot >w<!!
Saviour Atrhun Zala

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Congrats!!! Very Happy I'm so happy for u and it looks really awesome too!The art style u used made it very pretty as well.
omar235

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:48 pm Reply with quote
I am actually really likeing it alot good work it makes me get in the holiday mood when I get on ANN. Anime hyper
Elchfaenger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Miya-ko wrote:

Third~ Yes it says about the shop but no body need to actually purchase it. I just leave it on cause well just because doesnt hurt anyone really cause really no body its going to purchase it soo Anime hyper

Well, when I saw this I automatically thought of the usual ripoff and didn't bother checking it out. Now I discovered that it is actually rather cheap and it ships to Europe for reasonable prices too, so I'll take my complaint back Smile
Right now your cute Christmas-Jadress makes a perfect background on my mobile phone. Looks really nice!
Jadress

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:32 pm Reply with quote
A note to all the people talking about how bad the old Jadress artwork was.. ^^; Well, sorry to say I'm the one who created it. I don't take offense because honestly the work has not aged well and I drew most of it at least 5-6 years ago when I was still in high school- I have since graduated from an art college and gotten a lot better, so please don't give up on me yet.. Anime cry I had been planning to do more updated art for ANN, but I do so at Chris' command. I do adore Miya-ko's entry, I wish I could see the others! Jad happy....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Looking at the your link Jadress I would say "a lot better" would be an understatement. I would love to see a new ANN Banner from you once the holiday one (which I would like to see stay for a bit) goes down. I can't believe your website has only as many hits as this thread! Your dynamic poses are great! I particularly like the Jadress in a Jim Lee pose.
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:02 am Reply with quote
rabble wrote:
I could care less what you think.
Meaning you could've cared less or not at all, but choose to care and respond to the counter post? How nice of you Smile
EmDiPi_Micke wrote:
I agree with all the other who says that it's almost pathetic to talk about her boobs, since she's not real. Think a little: will big boobs improve the image? In my opinion, the image wouldn't improve at all - since she wouldn't be natural.
[Cynical mode]It's anime. Wink Anime girls are known for their big boobs, and that's a truth nine watchers out of ten would agree with. (Now, of course, usually they just ask ten carefully selected horny otakus, but so what?)

However, having said that, who cares about this Jadress' boob size? I much prefer to talk about the art style as a whole, which is really cute. How do I say it? It's like a...natural sketch of someone innocent and young. Perfect for Christmas.
EmDiPi_Micke

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:14 am Reply with quote
Samurai-with-glasses wrote:
EmDiPi_Micke wrote:
I agree with all the other who says that it's almost pathetic to talk about her boobs, since she's not real. Think a little: will big boobs improve the image? In my opinion, the image wouldn't improve at all - since she wouldn't be natural.
[Cynical mode]It's anime. Wink Anime girls are known for their big boobs, and that's a truth nine watchers out of ten would agree with. (Now, of course, usually they just ask ten carefully selected horny otakus, but so what?)

I know Wink However, my point is - why even discuss it? By the way, there are lots of girl in anime who's flat chested.
aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Miya-ko you definetly have flare Laughing love your style!!... and about the boob thing you're right if i ever do a skeetch they have a tendancy to be .. hmm.. more volumptuous ..* hehe but this absolustely fits in with the contest LOVE IT !, well enough boob talk before I get started up again after all there is about 4 pages here already

I'm happy they kept with Jadress I know the elf concept isn't 100% with the whole anime thing but I DONT CARE elfs are cuuuuteeee so thank you to the original concept artist as well.

ps: sorry about the late post just ignore me but just wanted to say Miya-Ko definetly admire your work!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4