• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rent-A-Girlfriend (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:33 am Reply with quote
Season 2 begins airing today.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13

Kazuya and Chizuru continue to have zero chemistry. The dude's just too awkward.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Because of the content this season should cover, it will likely be the best season since it's the best part of the manga.

.......enjoy it while it lasts. Rolling Eyes

And Sumi is still Best Girl; I can't help but smile every time she comes on screen. She's actually too good for this series that she got her own spin-off. xD

THE UWU FISH.....I forget if he even had a VA in season 1 but I love UwU fish Anime catgrin
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:32 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
And Sumi is still Best Girl;

I like her eyebrows.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Episode 13

Kazuya and Chizuru continue to have zero chemistry. The dude's just too awkward.

You know what would improve this series dramatically? If Kazuya got hit by Truck-kun and they introduced a completely new male lead. And if they buried Kazuya wearing his stoopid boot things. Dorkiest footwear in all of anime.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:30 pm Reply with quote
If he is to have a chance meeting with the isekai machine then preferably he should get Isekai'd into the world of The Executioner and Her Way of Life, there's a pure, just and strong priestess I'd like him to meet (she's a cutie to boot!).
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Ha ha, that works, too!
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:42 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Chiibi wrote:
And Sumi is still Best Girl;

I like her eyebrows.

There is so much I like about Sumi...though I don't want to spoil details here.

Aside from being adorable and sweet, let's start with 'she's a rental girlfriend because she wants to improve her social anxiety'?

Like, that's awesome? She's a shy girl...but she acknowledges it's a problem, wants to fix it, and has taken it upon herself to do so. I think she's perhaps the most level-headed of the cast, has the best personality by far...and this season is definitely her time to shine and I hope they let her instead of giving the whole spotlight to Chizuru.

...although Chizuru's backstory is really good too so I won't be too upset if they spend the episodes on that.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 14 / Season 2 episode 2

Seriously what's up with dudes in the world of Rent-a-Girlfriend? The background male populace of Rent-a-Girlfriend seem to exist purely to comment out loud how cute the girls accompanying Kazuya are. The amount of reinforcement this story seems to think is needed to tell us how cute these girls are and how lucky Kazuya is for being around them is unbearable.

Ugh, watching Kazuya being around Chizuru is so tough to watch. We spend WAY too much time in his head. Could Chizuru maybe kick him in the nuts? Hit him in the head with that bat? Throw that flower vase at his face? Next episode preview shows that Mami might be visiting Kazuya. Hopefully she brought a knife...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:37 pm Reply with quote
You're on your own, Cam0. I just can't with this guy anymore. I decided to drop after last episode.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3....

Occasionally, Kazuya and Chizuru have okay moments...like here when they are just talking about real things like real people do and sharing a little more a bit about each other. That stuff is fine.

MAMI. Just because someone leaves the door unlocked does NOT mean you can just go in. But I do enjoy how scary she can immediately turn. xD That part of her is fun to watch at least.

.......oh FACK....I'm so gonna hate this next episode. I remember how much I hated it in the manga. Twisted Evil
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:41 pm Reply with quote
The one up side of Mami and Ruka showing up is that, while there's nothing you can do in an absolute sense, our lead can at least improve his standing in a relative sense by hanging out with terrible people.

I'll admit, I've completely forgotten what Ruka's deal even was.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:23 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 4 (Episode 16

Someone remind me, are Kazuya going out (boyfriend and girlfriend)? Because as I watching this episode I kind of had no empathy of him, that he either can't break off fully so it keeps her in a limbo, or he is getting so worked up about another girl that he can't even confess to. And if Chizuru doesn't want anything like that, then he needs to stop obsessing over the idea that she will eventually decide to like him.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Ruka is kinda like Kazuya's "trial girlfriend"....but she considers herself as his real girlfriend because she is crazy. Rolling Eyes They only started seeing each other because Ruka is blackmailing him over the lie to his family about Chizuru.

No matter how many times Kazuya rejects Ruka's advances or even tells her "I want to break up", she refuses and continues to act like a psycho stalker and this is why she is Worst Girl to me.

She is probably the most unlikable thing in a harem series that I have not dropped. Haru in Nisekoi was detestable but at least she knew her place and gave up really quickly.
MaritLage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:01 am Reply with quote
kinda seems like Psycho Stalker Worst Girl is a recurring theme in anime this year .
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5