• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2007-11-07

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rolando_jose

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:08 pm Reply with quote
MAN!!! After that strip im just thinking of sellin my Misato statue, theres no way I will ever see it the same way again Crying or Very sad

Rolando Jose
eviltimes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Of course we all want to SEE that image now...

because we're all pervs at heart.

Rolling Eyes
leatherman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:01 pm Reply with quote
I can see something like this happening. I don't go to the artist alleys at any of the cons that I go to, and now I will avoid them like the plague. Good work... Keep it up. Very Happy
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Pokota3 wrote:
*Ahem* This is QUITE disgusting, and more than a little stereotypical Sad
I don't know any guys who think like this, and if I knew someone who did, I'd kick them where it hurt. I just don't like stuff like this, it wasn't even amusing, it was so over the top.

I've met similar people. Admittedly, this one was over-the-top, that was kind of the point. It mixed a whole bunch of very likely requests/demands/behaviors to make a single over-the-top "request."

As for it being stereotypical, unfortunately stereotypes are based on truths. In no way does the comic suggest that all anime fans are like that, but it does suggest that some of them are. And as I said above, I've met the 350lbs sweaty, undeodorized, lolita obsessed anime fans, along with the 350lbs sweaty, undeordorized, yaoi-obsessed anime fans.

I've also met MBA, parent of three, highly charismatic anime fans.

-t
ZeroRyoko1974

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:23 pm Reply with quote
misatoxrei yuri=cool misato futinari+rei+gendos face+captain crunch+gummy bear=no thank you. However, "based on a true story" can be stretched pretty far. Amityville Horror, Exorcist, and I think Poltergeist are all "based on true stories"
Jadress

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:00 pm Reply with quote
leatherman wrote:
I can see something like this happening. I don't go to the artist alleys at any of the cons that I go to, and now I will avoid them like the plague. Good work... Keep it up. Very Happy

Now now, Artist Alley can be pretty cool. I mean, for every 1 super creepy/unwashed person, there can be 20 really cool/nice/normal-to-attractive people. Plus if all the people freaked out by such requests stop coming to AA... then guess who the artists are left to talk to..? Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Otakuboy T

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:03 pm Reply with quote
It's fat stinky anime fans like that who give us anime fans who just happen to be fat and not stinky a bad name.
minakichan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Oh my crap, MAJOR NSFW IMAGE AAAAAAH my brain is fried.

My head hurts so bad. I kind of want to say, "shame on ANN for posting such inappropriate material!"
kyokun703

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:14 pm Reply with quote
leatherman wrote:

Oh, you're missing out then! There are some fabulous artists who show up and do some wonderful fanart. I have a great Ichigo/Hollow poster that's done in an interesting abstract style. Plus you might be able to pick up some cute buttons or bookmarks. Granted, there's an overabundance of Naruto/FF/Bleach stuff, but you can find some real gems in Artist's Alley. And many of the artists (and fans) are very nice people. Don't let the rare bad apple spoil it for you.
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Last con I went to, the artist alley was three small tables in the corner of the main room =)
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:48 pm Reply with quote
minakichan wrote:

My head hurts so bad. I kind of want to say, "shame on ANN for posting such inappropriate material!"

Well, good thing you didn't say that then!

Some of you folks need to settle down a little bit, it's just a webcomic. Yeesh.
Nermal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Thewalkindude368 wrote:
Masturbation and breakfast cereal should never mix.

Yeah, I heard it chafes.
leatherman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Oh, you're missing out then! There are some fabulous artists who show up and do some wonderful fanart. I have a great Ichigo/Hollow poster that's done in an interesting abstract style. Plus you might be able to pick up some cute buttons or bookmarks. Granted, there's an overabundance of Naruto/FF/Bleach stuff, but you can find some real gems in Artist's Alley. And many of the artists (and fans) are very nice people. Don't let the rare bad apple spoil it for you.

I've just never been interested in the fan art. When the webcomics that I read have guest strips I normally skip those too. It's not that the guest artist or fan artist aren't any good, it's just that I prefer the original. The guest/fan art just isn't the same.

Quote:
As for it being stereotypical, unfortunately stereotypes are based on truths. In no way does the comic suggest that all anime fans are like that, but it does suggest that some of them are. And as I said above, I've met the 350lbs sweaty, undeodorized, lolita obsessed anime fans, along with the 350lbs sweaty, undeordorized, yaoi-obsessed anime fans.

Our local convention normally runs instructions on how to bathe in the guide book. I only wish more people would follow them. And there is nothing quite like a room full of fat guys playing DDR to get the *juices* flowing.
kallisti

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:24 pm Reply with quote
I feel inspired, now I know what to ask for next time I go to a con... muahahahahaha
Aki Ameko

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:40 pm Reply with quote
I tell ya, some day when I finally get to start doing comissions at cons, I'm telling them straight out that I DON'T do anything beyond kissing for a guy and girl, and nothing beyond hugging for yaoi/yuri pairrings. I'm sure I won't get as much business, but I can deal.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7