• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach TV Anime Ending on March 27

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:45 am Reply with quote
Shitty ending incoming Laughing Laughing Laughing

Bleach Shippuden Laughing Laughing
ChocolateBar9

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:45 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Finally. But the hanging question is what will replace it in the Big Three for anime? Fairy Tale?

Big Three is Jump only, so Toriko.

Will Toriko really take over discussion and rise to prominence among fans to the point of nausea and raised ire among non-WSJ fans? I have my doubts, I don't think we'll be seeing Toriko cosplay in droves at conventions. That's what I mean by Big Three.

I dunno if it will over here, but Toriko already tops Naruto on a normal basis in Jump rankings, and its TV ratings far surpass Naruto.

No it doesn't, infact it's below it in the current rankings also keep in mind that Naruto airs at a different timeslot and channel than Toriko so comparing the two is a fruitless effort
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:04 am Reply with quote
No surprise that they're putting an end to the anime for now. After all, the anime is at the near the end of the Lost Agent arc and the manga has only just began the next arc. If they went to fillers, they'd be in filler hell.

If anything, I imagine that Naruto SD: Rock Lee no Seishun Full-Power Ninden is essentially Shueisha's "Time-slot filler".
Toriko36

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:09 am Reply with quote
Does this mean that Bleach is over, for good? Or are they simply taking a break, like most shows with multiple seasons do.

I think if they plan to continue it and take a 6 month or so break, it would be really good for the series. They could have one season every 6 months and have much less filler. I think all Shonen titles could benefit from something like this.

If this is really the end for Bleach, which I don't think it is, because the manga is still going strong, it will be a sad day for many Bleach fans.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:17 am Reply with quote
Love the manga, but never really cared for the anime...the animation was always kinda fugly, aside from the openings. Anyway, this isn't too much of a surprise. It simply caught up waaay too quickly. The current arc just came back from filler, so it's too soon to go back into another long filler arc again. It's best for it to just end now, and possibly do another, better paced series or OVA later on. I don't think this is the end of Bleach anime forever. Whatever, never followed it that much, so not too bothered.

I never really got all the hate Bleach gets. I'm not saying it's the best thing ever, but I find way more problems with One Piece (which I also love) than I ever did with Bleach. I'm aware of it's flaws, but it's never stopped being entertaining to me.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:32 am Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:

I never really got all the hate Bleach gets. I'm not saying it's the best thing ever, but I find way more problems with One Piece (which I also love) than I ever did with Bleach. I'm aware of it's flaws, but it's never stopped being entertaining to me.

Its mostly the internet hive mind affect in my opinion, a dozen or so people start rabidly praising or bashing a series and soon countless others follow mearly to suite what they see as the proper way to address a series. I mean it's not just Bleach, i'm sure there's countless other series/franchises that have people bashing them when they don't really hate it or praising it when they don't really love it.

And then there's the fact different people have different tastes and different ways of perceiving and judging the media they intake, thus the whole one mans trash is another mans treasure type conversations we always see pop up in media discussions. And then there's the fact that people seem to be growing ever more hostile and critical of shonen anime in general, well at least thats what the net makes one think at times

I can agree though, I think at this point people are hating on Bleach just because its the norm. I mean don't get me wrong, even I, as a big fan of the series can admit its far from perfect, but I for one think that makes it even more endearing, Bleach, for me anyway manages to overcome its flaws and still be a fun, entertaining, and enjoyable long running shonen anime/manga.

But yeah heres hoping if it is indeed ending and not just being put on hiatus and eventually a new time that it'll get a proper wrap-up ala Inuyasha: Final Act someday.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:42 am Reply with quote
So the Bleach anime series will be ending soon? I never would have thought I would see this day coming.

Anyways, I know that ending the series right after when the Fullbringer arc comes to an end would make a logical ending point but since that the manga is still on going and is reaching the final story arc, I think it would make sense to end the anime series early just so that we won't have more unneeded filler that the manga can catch up and reach the ending and once when it reaches the ending, the anime will be brought back ala Inuyasha: The Final Act and give the Bleach anime the proper closure that it needs. It may take a little while but something tells me it would be worth it.

Despite that Bleach has it's problems, it still remains enjoyable to me and I know that this won't be the last time we will see Bleach in anime form.
Blaine

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:05 am Reply with quote
504NOSON2 wrote:
This reminds of an argument I have with a friend of mine. He reveres One Piece as being the best anime/manga ever created, and I respond with the fact that it flopped in the states.

Thats probably because of the god awful 4kids dub.
ApexPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:19 am Reply with quote
Well, now I can finally have time to get caught up on this show starting from the first episode.
Ifrit30

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:31 am Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:

For me it's the exact opposite. I watched Bleach first, it was really good up to Rukia Arc but then it became more and more an average shounen anime.
As for One Piece it still holds the wow feeling I had and it entertains me as good as always, considering it has reached >500 eps.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:33 am Reply with quote
Blaine wrote:
504NOSON2 wrote:
This reminds of an argument I have with a friend of mine. He reveres One Piece as being the best anime/manga ever created, and I respond with the fact that it flopped in the states.

It's doing good for Funimation.
RyougaZell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:36 am Reply with quote
The only thing I'll miss from Bleach (which I stopped watching since the spoiled brat princess-something filler) is the music. The series has always had great opening and ending songs.
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:50 am Reply with quote
Ifrit30 wrote:
bahamut623 wrote:

For me it's the exact opposite. I watched Bleach first, it was really good up to Rukia Arc but then it became more and more an average shounen anime.
As for One Piece it still holds the wow feeling I had and it entertains me as good as always, considering it has reached >500 eps.

It's the same for me and even the One Piece filler arcs are entertaining.

Bleach was great for a while, but after Ichigo defeated Grimmjow, it became boring again with the save the princess arc. I pretty much dropped it there.

RyougaZell wrote:
The only thing I'll miss from Bleach (which I stopped watching since the spoiled brat princess-something filler) is the music. The series has always had great opening and ending songs.

The OP and ED songs were good, but the music in the actual anime were always lackluster to the extent that it made some scenes feel corny.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:15 am Reply with quote
i think saying the "anime is ending" is kind of wrong. More like it will take a long break until they have more manga. don't be suprise, you will see "Bleach anime is coming back" news in ANN in couple years.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:15 am Reply with quote
Daimao Raki wrote:
Blaine wrote:
504NOSON2 wrote:

It's doing good for Funimation.

It's probably the anime more than any other that actually keeps Funimation going these days...too bad it can't even manage to get a decent U.S. TV deal.

And I'm jumping on the bandwagon that Bleach is just taking a break starting on March 27. Of course I TOTALLY saw it coming that Naruto: Rock Lee Spinoff was taking over April 3, but I reasoned that Bleach would move back to 6:30 or something. Hopefully they finish off the Fullbring arc faithfully and give a semi-satisfying non-ending to the first rather impressive 8-year run of the series.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 12