• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Packaging Questions

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:01 pm Reply with quote
OldCharlieStoletheHandle wrote:
I have the Ghost Hound blu-ray, it comes in a single BD case with a flap in the middle, the flap holds discs 1 & 2 and disc 3 is in the back. Discs 1 & 2 each have 9 episodes, disc 3 has 4 episodes with extras (clean closing and opening and disc credits only).

I don't have pictures, there are pictures of the cover art in the Anime on DVD (Mania) BD forum Ghost Hound thread.

Thanks a lot for the info, I kind of figured that was the route they were gonna take.
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:39 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:14 pm Reply with quote
LeanGreen wrote:

Thanks so much for your troubles!! It is very much appreciated!
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:19 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Thanks so much for your troubles!! It is very much appreciated!

Hey, no problem. Glad I could help.
Zeguna

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me if the dvds in the CPM Black Jack box sets are just the singles or if they differ in packaging?
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Could someone post the reversible covers of the Elfen Lied singles?
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm bumping this to ask if people who get in their Funimation Limited Editions early can post pictures of them so we all can see them. I think Funimation has given this thread a new breathe of life.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:48 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I'm bumping this to ask if people who get in their Funimation Limited Editions early can post pictures of them so we all can see them. I think Funimation has given this thread a new breathe of life.
So some people already have The Sacred Blacksmith? I'd like to see some pics too, tbh.

And even though I'm pretty sure nothing has been said about it, I'm gonna ask anyway--anybody read any new info about the alleged steelbooks the Classic Line releases are supposed to come in?
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
So some people already have The Sacred Blacksmith? I'd like to see some pics too, tbh.

No, nobody has it yet, but the release date for Black Butler is coming up, meaning people will be soon seeing Funimation's new releases up close and personally.

Quote:
And even though I'm pretty sure nothing has been said about it, I'm gonna ask anyway--anybody read any new info about the alleged steelbooks the Classic Line releases are supposed to come in?

I don't think anything has been said yet. I actually hope they go with digipaks in chipboard sleeves over steelbooks. Don't get me wrong, I love steelbooks, but it's hard as hell to get discs out if there are more than one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:30 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I don't think anything has been said yet. I actually hope they go with digipaks in chipboard sleeves over steelbooks. Don't get me wrong, I love steelbooks, but it's hard as hell to get discs out if there are more than one.
Hm...I've never had a steelbook before, so I want one just to see how I like it.

And what's a digipak? And 'chipboard?' Remember, I'm pretty new to all of this stuff. Question
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Goddamn noobs. Chipboard is the really nice, thick cardboard that was used to house singles when those were still released. You probably don't have any since you're new, but if you click pretty much any of the links in the first post, they'll show you what one looks like.

Digipaks are a little harder to explain. They're basically folding books. Since it's hard to explain I made a nice little 30 second video showing what one looks like. I used the first Slayers Remastered set and the first Death Note set.

http://www.screencast.com/t/TOUuYfxpup6l
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:53 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

No, nobody has it yet, but the release date for Black Butler is coming up, meaning people will be soon seeing Funimation's new releases up close and personally.

Keep an eye of FUNi's blog. The are planning on doing a "Hey, nice package!" segment on Black Butler.

Sanosuke_Inara wrote:

And what's a digipak? And 'chipboard?' Remember, I'm pretty new to all of this stuff. Question

Check out FUNi's Dragon Box releases. Perfect example of both types of packaging. Two digipak's inside a chipboard case. Those are the more preferable types of packaging for collectors. High quality and durable.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:04 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Goddamn noobs.
Up yours, old-timer. Razz

The King of Harts wrote:
Chipboard is the really nice, thick cardboard that was used to house singles when those were still released. You probably don't have any since you're new, but if you click pretty much any of the links in the first post, they'll show you what one looks like.

Digipaks are a little harder to explain. They're basically folding books. Since it's hard to explain I made a nice little 30 second video showing what one looks like. I used the first Slayers Remastered set and the first Death Note set.

http://www.screencast.com/t/TOUuYfxpup6l
Oh, alright. That vid in that link isn't working for me, but thanks for the explanation anyway, mackdaddy. Laughing

luffypirate85 wrote:
Check out FUNi's Dragon Box releases. Perfect example of both types of packaging. Two digipak's inside a chipboard case. Those are the more preferable types of packaging for collectors. High quality and durable.
Think I'll do that right now. Should be an unboxing vid or two on YT--thanks.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:11 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
Could someone post the reversible covers of the Elfen Lied singles?

Kinda late but here's a pic! Volume two and four were the only ones that had "shocking" reversible covers.

poonk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:11 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
the release date for Black Butler is coming up, meaning people will be soon seeing Funimation's new releases up close and personally.
I have this on preorder via RightStuf so I'll post pics whenever it arrives if no one else beats me to it. I'm really curious what the "extra" will be. Part of me hopes for a figure/plushie of some sort but that seems a bit exorbitant nowadays. I just hope it's not a bandana. I don't know what to do with those.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 28