• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just sell?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I've sold a couple of anime DVD sets I was done with to get more funding for other junk, yay! I sold my Baccano! set and Figure 17 sets. I do love Baccano, I just hate Funi's release (I hate the dub and I think their subs suck too) and I can't stand to see it on my shelf, it looks wrong there and now I really do think my shelf will look cleaner without it.

And to do a bit self promotion myself, I'm selling or trading tons of other stuff!!! I wanna make some room on my shelves and when I inevitably move out not have to move out as much stuff.
mrze

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:10 am Reply with quote
Wow! and i just sell zentai suit online Smile
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:18 am Reply with quote
Well, since I'll be gone for the weekend, in advance I'm taking in several of my DVDs in hopes of trading them in at Fast Food Anime at Anime Central for slimmer collections and DVDs I'll watch more than once before getting bored:

Piano Melody of a Young Girl's Heart Vols. 1-3
Chobits Vols. 1-5, 7
xxxHolic Vols. 1-6
Diamond Daydreams Vols. 1-3
Boogiepop Phantom Vols. 1-4
FullMetal Alchemist Complete Season 1

Once I get back, I'll say what I traded them for. Anime hyper
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:40 am Reply with quote
Got some more stuff off my shelves, sold my GTO anime sets. I know I could have gotten more for them than I got (which was still a decent sum), but I opted to not be super greedy and to make sure they get a good home at a reasonable price for two massively OOP and expensive sets (ironically, I still didn't pay as much for them as I sold them for, I had great luck getting those sets in the first place). It's just that now that I have the manga, and I prefer it, I can't see myself going back to the anime, so they'd just be collecting dust forever on my shelf and I'd rather they went to a good home where they will actually be watched.

By the way, I'm still shamelessly promoting the heck out of my trade/sale pile, it's worked once before on here! I now need shelf room for my incoming Macross set, hehehe!
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm currently trying to sell Living for Tomorrow and Electric Hands, as I've grown somewhat tired of yaoi and BL and because of that I'm also trying to sell Cause of My Teacher and Just My Luck. In the non yaoi department, I have the DearS fanbook gathering dust, as well as a spare copy of Basara 20.
EricDent

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Sold Kanon & Shattered Angels to Half Price Books, along with some other stuff. Got about $20 for it.

The reason is that I did not really think I would re-watch those particular shows.

Maybe I need to do some better research before buying stuff, due to my limited budget.

This is why I complained about the Blu-Ray/DVD combo thing for Spice & Wolf 2, cause I don't really want any Blu-Ray stuff, and they are charging you for the "convenience" of having both versions.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:04 am Reply with quote
Sold School Rumble DVD 1 at Amazon marketplace. I was happy to actually sell something.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:17 am Reply with quote
Sold a How to Draw Manga book that I listed over a year ago on amazon and forgot I'd even listed it till I got an email saying it had sold. I got more than I paid for it, which is awesome.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:57 am Reply with quote
I was starting to think I wouldn't be able to sell any of my anime DVDs to second-hand places in Toronto any more, but this morning I was able to unload my three dreadful volumes of Moeyo Ken and my three not quite as dreadful but nonetheless not great volumes of Coyote Ragtime for a combined total of $25 - which is basically what I paid for them in the first place. I tried to ditch my Heroic Age S.A.V.E. BD as well, but apparently there is a scratch on the third volume, so neither place would take it. Fair enough. I do recall running into a glitch in one or two eppies that seemed to stop once I took the disc out and re-inserted it in the machine and I can't remember if it was the third or second disc. It was probably the third.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:07 pm Reply with quote
I just sold Burst Angel: Infinity, Saiyuki and Godannar over the weekend. I didn't make what I wanted for them but didn't come out too bad either.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:04 am Reply with quote
Sold Gintama Collection 1 last night. Reason I sold it? I got to about episode 5 or 6 did not find it funny and decided just to sell it off and give it to someone else to enjoy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:59 pm Reply with quote
I sold Gravion and Gravion Zwei off. Somebody got those for a steal but at least I got something for them. Sad
EricDent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Sold off a couple of things including Ninja Resurrection.

I don't think the people at Half Price Books even bothered to look up the title and see it's out of print.

Also sold off a couple of other OOP DVDs, regular DVDs, and some books. They only gave me $10.

For some odd reason they refused to buy some books (missing the dust jacket), and some software (said it was registered, which is not true for Age of Empires 3). However they did buy some other books that were missing the dust jackets, and when I checked out they had a copy of Age of Empires 3 at the front counter.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Time to revive the thread again.

Well the other week I sold my copy of He is My Master to Blood-.

Today I sold my copy of Hetalia Axis Powers GN 1 on Ebay.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:29 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:

Today I sold my copy of Hetalia Axis Powers GN 1 on Ebay.

How much did you get for Hetalia? I've seen it going for crazy prices...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10