• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Busty Campaign Poster of No-Rin's Kochō Pulled

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:31 am Reply with quote
jirg1901 wrote:
It's a farming region and she's wearing farming overalls. I think the illustration itself is kind of a stock image for merchandise and promotional material.

Still didn't tell me anything about what the place is like. I'm sure it IS explained on the text, but I can't read Japanese so it's meaningless to me. I didn't know it's a farming region until this post. Why is the background even a blank white? Couldn't they put something there, like a photo of the place?
potatochobit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:31 am Reply with quote
this show, sooo went down into the dirt.
and fast, I was really looking forward to it being good.

it really had nothing to do with agriculture - or idols.
casualfan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:48 pm Reply with quote
I don't know in Japan but here in the West you can see billboard of underwear models all over the place. I don't see the big deal other than a bunch of over sensitive crowd complaining over getting triggered by anything sexualized. Ironic that in Akihabara there are stuff in public display that are far more sexualized than this.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:50 pm Reply with quote
casualfan wrote:
I don't know in Japan but here in the West you can see billboard of underwear models all over the place. I don't see the big deal other than a bunch of over sensitive crowd complaining over getting triggered by anything sexualized. Ironic that in Akihabara there are stuff in public display that are far more sexualized than this.
Akiba, and it surrounding buroughs are a very unique area of Tokyo, also as I've said before what they "get away with " in Tokyo doesn't necessarily mean it "gets away with it" outside of Tokyo. The further away from the big cities one gets the more traditional the cultural values including morals and ehtics remain. Wink
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:25 am Reply with quote
I find it weird how we sometimes hear these stories yet a lot of Japanese companies don't have a problem showing a lot of fan service pictures.

However, if you are trying to promote a prefecture campaign, I could see this being the case. This is because when you are going for advertising, you might want a more family-friendly picture to get as many people as you can,.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5