• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Announces English Dub Plans for 7 Anime Titles

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omega2019

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:05 pm Reply with quote
I wish they would do more. I'm looking for the full macros set to be in English. and its been out a lot longer than any of the ones they are working on now.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Omega2019 wrote:
I wish they would do more. I'm looking for the full macros set to be in English. and its been out a lot longer than any of the ones they are working on now.

Macross: Do You Remember Love, I assume?
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Very nice. I'm interested in each show on the list, so I'll look forward to more information about cast and release dates.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:04 am Reply with quote
Spike Terra wrote:
Happy days have arrived, I can finally buy Amagi Brilliant Park in the nearish future

no kidding. been waiting for that series as well as is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon to have an english dub version.

however the sentai series that i was really hoping that would get a dub version would be the remaining seasons of zero no tsukiama
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:28 am Reply with quote
Ah so no market for the girls? K sentai
aquadon1963

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:34 am Reply with quote
@WTK is not directly connected to Funi or Sentai as far as i know CANimeFan88.
but he is an incredible Anime News Hound .
And WOW just checked him and this is latest post

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/07/03/code-geass-is-returning-to-home-video

We've been waiting for this one

Thanks Sentai for a decent list of dubs this time .
It gets rather disheartening when they dub stuff thats way down the A.N.N. (bayesian estimate) list

My wish is that both Sentai And FUNI would put out DUB WISH surveys on a regular basis to help them gauge what might sell VS. their own thoughts ..... but even better I've suggested PRE-PAYED pre-ordering system (for dub wished ) (kind of like the Kickstarter dub projects of Skip Beat and Escaflowne....but within their own system) that would have folks put their money where their mouth is . Yet at the same time we all know stuff is a bit over priced when its first released .
aquadon1963

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:47 am Reply with quote
check this out yet another of the latest posts by @WTK (on twitter)

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-957985/crunchyroll-comes-to-blu-ray-and-dvd

it seems most of us in this thread are Dub Lovers ...so thought this might be interesting
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Hell yeah, Ushio and Tora getting dubbed! Smile

COREY2293 wrote:
Shocked Food wars is only being dubbed now.

Not seen any others on the list but i am definitely going to watch GATE eventually because i hear its very good.

Yeah, I'm surprised it wasn't immediately announced for Food Wars. Good that it's happening though.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:45 am Reply with quote
iamtooawesome wrote:
Ah so no market for the girls? K sentai

I wouldn't say that! These 7 dub announcements are more of their "Most popular" series that many people were asking about for awhile now so that's probably why they announced these 7 in particular. Sadly the girls market as you say outside of rare exceptions never gets the huge popularity that the titles in this announcement do as the market is more targeted towards the male audience in a lot of shows =/ but that doesn't mean Sentai doesn't care about is girls! My Love Story is getting a dub and Sentai is heavily promoting that and I personally and very excited to finally watch that! The Hakuouki movies were recently licensed and are being released on bluray by Sentai and the original seasons that were released DVD only are getting the bluray treatment now! Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun released not too long ago and got a beautiful CE treatment, love that CE <3 Of course any gender can enjoy the above or many other shows but those are the most recent releases that come off the top of my head! I'm sure there are more that have been released sub only but since this is a topic about dubs I assumed you meant with them.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:35 pm Reply with quote
If 'Food Wars' is as good despite the talk of the "foodgasms" I wouldn't mind picking this up for our collection. I wanted to get it since we were spending all this money but it wasn't available.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Amagi Brilliant Park and Ushio & Tora getting dubs? Yes please! :D
Spawn29

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:44 pm Reply with quote
I hope the Ushio and Tora manga gets release in the US. I mean we got the Parasyte manga release in the US thanks to the anime TV series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5