• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Entertainment to Ship Sola, True Tears in DVD Boxes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:35 am Reply with quote
Emerje:
Quote:
I'll live somehow.

Then you'll live with mediocre crap.

Quote:
What, full price on a "regular" DVD with no extras isn't a deal breaker for you? It is for me.

It's not a deal breaker, if I really want to see it, and they can't afford to give it a special release.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:47 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Quote:
I'll live somehow.

Then you'll live with mediocre crap.

There's a lot of great anime out there that gets good dubs. Enough that I can be picky about what I buy. If a company can choose not to release a dub then I can choose not to buy it. I'm sure you aren't suggesting that the only good anime is sub-only anime are you?

Quote:
Quote:
What, full price on a "regular" DVD with no extras isn't a deal breaker for you? It is for me.

It's not a deal breaker, if I really want to see it, and they can't afford to give it a special release.

There no such thing as them not being able to afford extras. Not when box office bombs and B movies can find a way to afford them. If they're going to be cheap about it and I really want to see it then I'll rent it, but I'm not going to buy it.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:00 pm Reply with quote
I can understand complaining about the BVUSA prices, but complaining about these prices is plain ridiculous. I'd pre-ordered the first volums of True Tears (1 episode at around £14 IIRC but wasn't sure that I was going to continue. Now the only question is whether to wait and see if Beez is going to release it locally.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Emerje:
Quote:

There's a lot of great anime out there that gets good dubs.

Not at the moment.

Quote:
If a company can choose not to release a dub then I can choose not to buy it. I'm sure you aren't suggesting that the only good anime is sub-only anime are you?

No, but I am suggesting that anime can be appreciated, in spite of whether or not it has an added dub.

Quote:

There no such thing as them not being able to afford extras. Not when box office bombs and B movies can find a way to afford them.

Studios can afford it, when there's an audience for it.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:32 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I can understand complaining about the BVUSA prices, but complaining about these prices is plain ridiculous. I'd pre-ordered the first volums of True Tears (1 episode at around £14 IIRC but wasn't sure that I was going to continue. Now the only question is whether to wait and see if Beez is going to release it locally.
You know, the way the prices are here, I think Bandai Visual could find a small goldmine here...
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:44 am Reply with quote
This is smashing news for folk like myself.
I just hope that this'll still be reasonably priced and availible when I decide to watch Sola. Exchange rates no longer favour me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5