• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Ent. Posts English-Dubbed Code Geass R2 Trailer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:55 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
It did seem to move to 5AM not too long after the ep where the girl was pleasuring herself....

Talk about a WTF moment (the scene being so dark didn't help.) As great as it was for them to leave something like this in (I can only imagine the reams of disclaimers signed beforehand,) if it played a hand in caused the time-shift, then perhaps the scene could've found its way to the video release only.

Then again, I dislike watching network tv live (stupid ads,) so it's mostly just a matter of when I can finish watching that night's content.
Animehermit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:38 pm Reply with quote
I swear, 2 weeks before Code Geass moved time slots, they posted the ratings on TV like they always do and Geass had higher ratings than Bleach. Which leads me to believe this has more to do with said masturbation scene then any ratings reason.
kynoki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:35 pm Reply with quote
your right in more ways then one fansubers piss me off cuse thay rune anime that gets dub becuse most anime fans these days are to fing lazy to wait for dvds or thay for some reson feel all dub anime is junk if u cant wach it offf gay ass AS dec2 vol3/4 come out so i say this get off your butts get a job and buy the dvds help keep anime alive f AS who waches there junk anyway
kynoki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:40 pm Reply with quote
and allso i never get to wach any of as crap becuse i work alot so i end up buying dvds let me ask thou u no the part in ep3 were the red heads in the shower well i no uncut it shows her butt did AS keep that in or cut it
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:03 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
JINROH wrote:
Why are shows of relative high quality,like this one,given graveyard like tmeslots !?

Quality is subjective; Neilsen ratings are absolute. Laughing

Unfortunately the system is deeply flawed and some of the media has admited it so we really don't know how much viewers watched CG when it was at the 1:00am timeslot. but since the entire TV system is into it so deeply, they depend on it too much and believed what they say,so it's a no-no win situation.

Oh, everyone admits the Neilsen is deeply flawed, but it's the only system we currently have feasible, and since the ratings really matter only relative to the competition while the competitors all have to play in the same muddy Neilsen field................... Everybody has to battle under the same weather conditions, as they say, and just let the best gladiators duke it out. (How's that for a run-on sentence?! Laughing )

E.g. we may not exactly know how many viewers really watched Code Geass, but we also do not know exactly how many viewers really watched its competitors, but the Neilsens give us a rough estimate** how they compare to each other. And that's what the ad sponsors look for.

[** It's an estimate, but it's a good size sample. If you think about it, the various US Presidential Polls each usually samples less than 1000 people, and yet many could predict who would win from that (yeah, yeah, Florida Y2k). The Neilsen uses about 25000 households.]
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:43 am Reply with quote
kynoki wrote:
your right in more ways then one fansubers piss me off cuse thay rune anime that gets dub becuse most anime fans these days are to fing lazy to wait for dvds or thay for some reson feel all dub anime is junk if u can't wach it offf gay ass AS dec2 vol3/4 come out so i say this get off your butts get a job and buy the dvds help keep anime alive f AS who waches there junk anyway

I can't tell if you're trolling or if you're five, but I'll still respond with the simple answer: not all anime gets licensed and comes out on DVD in America, and we ensure that we see it with the fansubs beforehand. DVDs are more for collection purposes.

Downloading fansubs after the show's already been released on DVD, well, that's another subject.
nightjuan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:09 pm Reply with quote
animehermit wrote:
I swear, 2 weeks before Code Geass moved time slots, they posted the ratings on TV like they always do and Geass had higher ratings than Bleach. Which leads me to believe this has more to do with said masturbation scene then any ratings reason.

You'd have to check out all the ratings though, not just those for that particular week. Even if they weren't that low, perhaps they were still not as good as [as] would want them to be.

Also, that doesn't explain why Moribito was moved too. So I don't think it's because of that scene. Which is pointless, considering it was mostly implied and nothing similar happens later.

It's not the first time [as] moves new anime to a graveyard slot either.
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Well that being said, before a graveyard slot for anime on Adult Swim was getting bumped back to 1:30am on Saturday night. Like Paranoia Agent, or Eureka Seven.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5