• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AKB0048 + Next Stage (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:11 am Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
Since the show has some similar themes, there are parts of me that wish that AKB0048 was somehow set in the Macross universe!

Yeah, very reminiscent of many of the goings-on in 7 and F.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:11 am Reply with quote
Best episode for the series in awhile. And ya, Yuuuuuuko-san. Hope she doesn't spoiler[die].
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:52 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episodes 3 to 8

Wow, after a shakey start this season has been doing quite well, I had to write some notes to bring up between episodes.

Firstly on Episode 3; I was surprisingly happy for spoiler[Mimori to get 10th place], the emotional build up was enough to get my tears going a little, and I was never that huge a spoiler[Mimori] fan. The rest of the call outs in episode 4 kept the emotion running, damn it a show that can make me feel a little overwhelmed with the emotion like this is great.

And it took me until episode 5 to really realize something, I am a big fan of Makoto, I guess I had been from the begining, but she is rarely in the spotlight, usually just having trouble and feelings. But the way she was here, yeah doing what she did despite being afraid, and messing up, I don't think it is a moe thing, it is something that makes me connect with her character.

Well Episode 6 really had me awaiting for spoiler[Mimori's] reveal, I said before that I was never a huge fan of her, I guess I did not like some of the fanservicey stuff connected to her. But along with Episode 7, yeah I could see that she wormed her way into my heart, or some other way I can say it that does not sound that embarassing. And to think she took over the role their manager used to have.

There is also so much other stuff going along with Nagisa, Chieri, Kanata, and the girls fighting for top place. So much that I don't think it will be worth trying to exhaust my emotions in writing it out, all I have to say is that good job anime.

As for episode 8. Well things are starting to go pear shaped, it was a little hard to see spoiler[their home damaged.]

I crowned today idol day, I will be catching up on Love Live next, but I doubt it will match this. I really am a fan of the AKB48 thing, probably need to get some of their music, one of their songs playing reminded me of their song being in Wreck it Ralph. I am not a big music fan, but songs can really get emotion.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:28 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Beltane70 wrote:
Since the show has some similar themes, there are parts of me that wish that AKB0048 was somehow set in the Macross universe!

Yeah, very reminiscent of many of the goings-on in 7 and F.

It doesn't help that Shoji Kawamori is the head of both franchises! I also had similar feelings about the show, Basquash! since it had an idol group in it as well, along with a character that was a giant.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:12 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 9

I can't decide if barely anything happened in this episode, or if there was a lot. We found out that the device used for their spoiler[FTL technology, is the kirara drive, and the Kirara are interdimensional beings that hold what is needed for great power. Apparently the photographer, Mii-chan, saw some pretty freaky human shaped Kirara when she was center novae, which hinted at could be what puts the center novae into an alternate dimension of sorts].

Apparently the power of spoiler[Kirara reacts to idols, in that in the past the predecesors of idols would do rituals to comunicate to gods and stuff]. I don't know about anyone else, but this reminded me of a certain other series that had a similar theme, although I doubt we will be seeing any of THIS. We also got that cool spoiler[fight with Mii-chan singing "Blue rose", I guess the fighting while singing] further puts the comparison of what I mentioned above, although Symphogear was before AKB0048's first season.

Lets see if Nagisa can shine brightly enough, although not sure what they can do with the few episodes left. Oh, and only now did I figure out that Akibastar is a reference to Akibahara, how did I not notice that?
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:27 pm Reply with quote
well, i guess when you marathon 20 or so shows in a short amount of time, you tend to overlook various things.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:31 pm Reply with quote
But I should have figured that out during the first season.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:57 pm Reply with quote
since spoiler[Mii-chan] didn't go out the way she intended, maybe the next best thing would be for her to shave her head...

too soon?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Leave spoiler[Mii-chan] alone! PIC

Unless you are trying to reference something else?
誤称

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:33 am Reply with quote
I have to say that this show finally has regained some of what made the first season great with the latest episode. It went beyond the meta-AKB-popularity crap and actually moved the plot along in a way that isn't so shallow.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:56 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 10

spoiler[Befriending giant beasts through song] might be corny, but that screw it, I loved it anyway. I knew that the spoiler[Funghi were actually parents] to the small one, a little cliche, but they looked scary. Could you imagine waking to that ripping open your tent?

Am I the only one who thought the song this week sounded a lot like Yubi Bouenkyou, the song by Nogizaka46 which was Magi's first ED song. I really liked that song so I enjoyed this song.

Mushroom delusion ftw.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:27 pm Reply with quote
they kinda look like pokemon
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Well.....that was..........strange. Anime hyper But it's good they were able to tie filler into the main plot!

getchman wrote:
they kinda look like pokemon

That's immediately what I thought. Anime hyper

Also, no matter how many times it's done, tripping on mushrooms never ceases to be hilarious, am I right? Laughing I don't go "LOL" at AKB much, but Suzuko's scene got me this time.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

Also, no matter how many times it's done, tripping on mushrooms never ceases to be hilarious, am I right? Laughing

absolutely. that was the best part of the episode, and spoiler[Sonata's] reaction was funny and adorable
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:44 am Reply with quote
Anime hyper

"OH THANK GOD, LINDA! I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD!"

It was also great when Mofufu growled at her but she growled right back and scared it. Anime hyper

SONA-CHI FEARS NOTHING!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8