• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Okamikakushi - Masque of the Wolf (TV)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:37 am Reply with quote
I thought it was a surprise normally when a character just goes offs and vanishes for a few episodes it has to mean something.

Any way episode 10

spoiler[Sakaki = true master mind behind everything? Ok that was kind of a shook at first I just thought he was going along with some one else's plan. But it seems he was just playing Kasai for a fool and killed him once he found out about his plan to kill every one in the town.]

But the show seems like it's heading for a end. Only thing is I would love to learn more about the counting rhyme, you hear it being sung this episode and it seems to contain basically everything about the wolfs. Even if they have said the meaning behind it, why the heck would you hide something like that in a counting rhyme?

Also ಠ_ಠ
spoiler[Really, break a dam to flood the town? Sure is sounding like Higurashi with them trying to stop a dam from being build that would flood the town. ]
Hideyoshilover1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:51 am Reply with quote
God this show is terrible Anime smile
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:30 am Reply with quote
Hideyoshilover1 wrote:

I still think it is better then last season's 11 Eyes, that is unless we have some deus ex machina. It has actually been better then I expected it to be, and I don't feel bad for likeing several of the characters from before. Though the spoiler[guy turning bad over his lover being killed makes it fun, I did liked him turning on that guy as sort of kama, but I would rather that the town not get destroye.]
Hideyoshilover1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:14 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Hideyoshilover1 wrote:

I still think it is better then last season's 11 Eyes,

Nah that was funny
this is just plain dull and therefore worse
I've watched 10 eps though and therefore I'll finish

This guys stuff seems to get progressively worse though

Higurashi (Overrated) > Umeiko (lol) > This (Yawn)

Anyway one of the worst shows of the season only outdone by Chu bra and that fox show
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:30 am Reply with quote
Hideyoshilover1 wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
Hideyoshilover1 wrote:

Nah that was funny

I didn't find it funny with all the yandre, character exits, confusing story explanations, and the second last episode, I wish it ended there, but then again with the last one Mad , reset button was awefull. Not to mention the totaly unnecesary and strangley placed fanservice, what was with the panty shots.

Ookami Kakushi went past yandre, makeing it a point of uncontrolable lust, but characters resisting. Things might kind of shifted a bit of chaos/hell, but is still relativly nice feel, and I see no reason they would use a reset button. And fanservice, if you call it such, is only placed at certain parts, and there is actualy a sense of inocence which is appealing
Hideyoshilover1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:04 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Hideyoshilover1 wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
Hideyoshilover1 wrote:

Nah that was funny

I didn't find it funny with all the yandre, character exits, confusing story explanations, and the second last episode, I wish it ended there, but then again with the last one Mad , reset button was awefull. Not to mention the totaly unnecesary and strangley placed fanservice, what was with the panty shots.

I don't mind fanservice and all those things are what made it so funny
ninjapet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:24 pm Reply with quote
how is the show "funny" ?

If anything I think instead of having people go "crazy" like in Higurashi or start to distrust each other and turn on each other like in Umineko the use of uncontrolled lust that turns you in to a monster is well played.

Then again I heard the VN was just ok and it wasn't one of Ryukishi07's best works.

But it's just like what the Umineko fan base did late in there anime. They found out Ryukishi07 wrote a military fantasy light novel and got a false idea on how Umineko would turn out in the episode 6/7 VN from what they knew of the other light novel.

So it's like this show, only where comparing it to Higurashi which is finished and we have a translation of, and we know what happened in the material before it.
Hideyoshilover1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:19 am Reply with quote
Wut?^

No I'm not it's just a better show
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:33 am Reply with quote
Hideyoshilover1 wrote:

So to you it was so bad in places, it was funny. I guess I kind of understand that, they kind of whent "like these characters" and then last few episodes went "f@$k you", then went, look it is like nothing hapend.

Or that the girl spoiler[is so in love with that guy, she is going crazy, so she sees him naked a lot with another girl. And she tries to rape him, and put him in an uncomfertable situation, and try to kill her, only thing missing was an empty pot.]
Hideyoshilover1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:16 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Hideyoshilover1 wrote:

So to you it was so bad in places, it was funny. I guess I kind of understand that, they kind of whent "like these characters" and then last few episodes went "f@$k you", then went, look it is like nothing hapend.

Or that the girl spoiler[is so in love with that guy, she is going crazy, so she sees him naked a lot with another girl. And she tries to rape him, and put him in an uncomfertable situation, and try to kill her, only thing missing was an empty pot.]

Yeah the laughter I got from it made it more enjoyable than this
My fave scene was spoiler[sex with senpai I seriously wished for that scene and then it happened]
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:46 am Reply with quote
Ok episode 11

spoiler[Sakaki gets stopped by the "White wolf" which is Karoi (the person who was teaching Mana to play the violin) She basicly takes him with her as she falls in to the river/dam. Before that Sakaki shots some people]

Isuzu seems to hold some value I guess
spoiler[She got shot in the leg though leaving her useless for most of the fighting]

Nemuru saves the day kind of. spoiler[she tries to settle with Sakaki to take her life instead of every one else. Though it doesn't work and Sakai is blind with rage to even think about doing anything else but kill every one.]

At least Hiro is finally stepping up to do something other then sit back and watch. spoiler[Yes jumping on Sakaki to make the gun he has miss was most likely the highlight of action Hiro will have]

Sorry that was kind of a bad summery I'm having a hard time trying to keep with the series at this point.

Any way episode 12 seems like a side story deal, as the main plot seems to be over with.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:26 am Reply with quote
Yeah, a very "meh" series, for sure. Too bad, because I'm always up for a good "oh noes, you've moved to a really effed up town that's got dark secrets!" kind of show, but this one just didn't really deliver. It did manage to keep me juuuuuuuuuust a micron away from ditching it so, um, yay?
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:56 am Reply with quote
I'm going to have to agree with you Blood.

I thought this series was going to be good seeing as it's Ryukishi07 and Studio Deen was not animating it. Guess it just didn't live up to what I thought it was going to be like.

Guess where going to have to see how the last two episodes are before I say my final opinion on the show is.
Niomo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:53 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:

Isuzu seems to hold some value I guess
spoiler[She got shot in the leg though leaving her useless for most of the fighting]

Something else that made me wonder. If the wolves could move and super-ish speed, couldnt they have just pincer'd him on that cliff? By the time he got there, he was down to 1 bullet, lol.

Yeah, well, its a meh show indeed. Higu kicks the crap out of it. Hell, I enjoyed Umineko more than this Sad
12skippy21

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Yeah, a very "meh" series, for sure

This sums up my feelings for the show, it just does not have any draws for it, the story was quite easy to figure out at least a 1/3 way in but it is not a bad show, just 'meh'.

One thing I have not liked throughout though is the character designs, too cute for a 'horror' series. Say what you like about Studio Deen but they set the 'horror' scenes in terms of animation very well when the situation calls for it. Peach Pit's designs lack any, I suppose, 'threat' to them, consistantly cute and simple.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8