• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Offices Closed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:45 am Reply with quote
MeggieMay wrote:

I agree with you. I read Ms. Rial's original statment as coming from a person who was stressed out to the point of melting down (maybe past it) and she even admitted to it.

I just find it out that something as triffle as missing a flight at the airport can cause her to melt down, yet people stuck in traffic for 36 hours straight can make the best of it.

Keonyn wrote:

None the less, the media was playing up Rita big time. Reporting and assessing its effects well before any professional could truly even give more than a guess as to its effects and in the end the media ended up being dead wrong on just about all counts.

Then perhaps you don't have much of a clue about how hurricanes operate. They are extremely unpredictable. If that had waited until the time that they were certain where it would hit, and at what strength, it would have been to late for people to get out. Then everyone would be jumping on the media and government for not getting the people out. It's a double-edged sword situation. No matter what you do, someone will be pissed.
biliano

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Out of curiosity, I was browsing thru ADV's website and I discovered that they are hiring for several positions(sorry, but voice actor is NOT one of them), so it looks like things might not be as bad as most people think if ADV is in the process of hiring. Cool
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:02 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
Out of curiosity, I was browsing thru ADV's website and I discovered that they are hiring for several positions(sorry, but voice actor is NOT one of them), so it looks like things might not be as bad as most people think if ADV is in the process of hiring. Cool

Um, we didn't think ADV was in any trouble in the first place. Wink

And they wouldn't put a hiring ad for VAs on their site. That'd be something you'd have to set up in person.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Yes, because I'm sure just missing her flight is the only factor is causing here to get upset. None the less, her personal comments in her blog are her business just as any in yours or any of your personal beliefs are yours. You don't go to a company and give them your diary or journals as part of the interview process or tell them your faith or lack there of because that has no place in the business world. She has the right to feel, think and believe what she wishes and it's not your place to judge her on that unless you stood in her shoes when the events took place.

I do have much of a clue how hurricanes operate and I'm very well aware of how unpredictable they are. However, it doesn't change the fact that the media was reporting what was sensational and not reporting 100% of the facts. Take Thursday evening for example when NOAA reported Rita was expected to weaken more but there was still a slight possibility it could strengthen overnight. Now CNN and other outlets didn't report the fact it was expected to weaken, no no, all they reported is that it may strengthen again to a category 5. They reported half the truth, the half that will keep you tuned in. Whether or not people would have time to get out is beside the point, as my point was the media was sensationalizing it and indeed they were and she was right in that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
None the less, her personal comments in her blog are her business just as any in yours or any of your personal beliefs are yours.

It's not a blog, it's her yahoo group for her fans. If she wanted to keep it personal, then don't post it there for all to see. I suppose if I posted here that everyone who likes anime has an IQ of 31, and is wasting there lives, then it's nobody else's business to respond to that?
Keonyn wrote:
She has the right to feel, think and believe what she wishes and it's not your place to judge her on that unless you stood in her shoes when the events took place.

Yes, it is her right to feel however she does. It is also my right for me to feel however I wish to about what she posted, and also my right to respond to it. It goes both ways.

Keonyn wrote:
Now CNN and other outlets didn't report the fact it was expected to weaken, no no, all they reported is that it may strengthen again to a category 5. They reported half the truth, the half that will keep you tuned in.

Anyone in Houston that was watching CNN or any other national station for hurricane updates is just.. stupid is not the word.. ignorant is perhaps better. All of the local stations here were reporting exactly what NOAA was saying. Naturally, the big broadcasters will say just about anything to get you tuned in on the national level.
biliano

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:

And they wouldn't put a hiring ad for VAs on their site. That'd be something you'd have to set up in person.

To be honest, that comment about the VAs was meant for GrantM1. Very Happy
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:10 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
Starwind Amada wrote:

To be honest, that comment about the VAs was meant for GrantM1. Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing

He's gonna be pissed when he finds out they're not hiring VAs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6