• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Astarotte's Toy episodes 1-6

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Guys, try not to overshare, okay? Keep it together people.
uguu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:50 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Then let me put it another way: based on what I have seen (I somehow forgot that I hadn't seen ep 8 yet, so we're talking about eps 1-7), I do not feel that this series is so overwhelmingly focused on loli content that it cannot be enjoyed by someone (like me) who generally doesn't care for loli content. It's not strong enough or pervasive enough to be an automatic turn-off in general (individuals may obviously disagree) and I stand firmly by my recommendation.

Any to anyone who might try to use this to paint me as a fan of serious loli content: give it up, because you don't know me that well. I prefer my girls a few years older than that.

Thing is, most people aren't 'hardcore' anime fans, don't get paid to write about anime and as a result they don't watch stuff that sexualizes kids even if the story is good.

It's like... even if it's not filled with fanservice, it still goes out of its way to appeal to people with a certain fetish. If they made an anime about, say, a bunch of people with an infantilism fetish that sometimes stops the story so that the characters can pose sexily to the camera with a soiled diaper on, most people who aren't into that kind of thing are simply not going to watch it, even if the infantilism fetishism is not necessarily the focus of the story.

I am NOT saying you are a closet lolicon or anything like that so please don't suspect that, I'm just saying that people who are into lolicon are going to be the main target audience.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6