• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ghost in the Shell Singer Origa Passes Away

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isamu99

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:55 am Reply with quote
The news is now a bit old but I can't help but post how sad this is. I'm watching GitS SAC for the first time and man.... what an incredible song Inner Universe is. So powerful so moving so unforgettable. Origa had an AMAZING voice! Can't belive she's gone. I understand Yoko Kanno and Origa were good friends so this couldn't have been easy for her. RIP Sad
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:24 am Reply with quote
Panzer Vor wrote:
44? Lung cancer? That's probably one of the shittiest hands I've ever seen dealt.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex will never be the same again.

RIP

Depends if she was a heavy smoker. Getting lung cancer if you have never smoked happens but it is rare. But as you say it's a shitty deal. Especially at 44 years old.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:56 pm Reply with quote
With all due respect, it's been over 2 months since the 1st posting on this article. Therefore, I am locking this thread. If you wish to continue this discussion, then please continue it in the Music Forum -- simply provide a link back to this particular thread.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6