• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami Replaces One Piece Anime With Tokyo Ghoul Starting on March 25

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Chester McCool wrote:
Literally the same thing. Villain making stupid jokes with lame acting. One Piece fans can make all the excuses they want for why the show failed to catch on with TV audiences, but shitty dub isnt one. This is a market who embraced Smash Mouth and Backstreet Boys songs being inserted into anime dubs. The barometer for quality is non existant.

Out of curiosity, what would be an example of good acting for an English dub for you?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Alright, time to get back on topic. Which is not the endless debate of the OP dub. Several of you are being quite rude as well. So let's get back on topic and quit with the insults and rudeness. Thank you.
romanmack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Alright, time to get back on topic. Which is not the endless debate of the OP dub. Several of you are being quite rude as well. So let's get back on topic and quit with the insults and rudeness. Thank you.

Why erase my comment? I wasn't being rude.

Not to mention, we're talking about potential reasons why OP never caught up on TV. Even if you disagree with my assessment about the dub contributing, how is it not on topic?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:02 pm Reply with quote
romanmack wrote:

Why erase my comment? I wasn't being rude.

A few posts were removed not just yours. Yours was erased because it is basically nothing more than soapboxing and served no real purpose. There were no actual points brought up that could be used to foster discussion. It was just ranting. I left your first post to be fair but the second one was just a rehash of the first. This sort of discussion also happens often when it comes to One Piece dub debates. Which is not the actual topic here. it's a simple news piece stating OP is being replaced by TG. If you, or others, want to discuss the quality of OP and it's dub, with actual evidence to substantiate your claims and not just ranting, then by all means do it in the appropriate thread. There is an official series discussion thread for OP. http://animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=117617
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6