• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Dr. Stone: New World

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keen Fox

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Keen Fox wrote:
I do not know if anyone noticed but the end credits of episode 20 was in colour! This was such a nice detail!
Yes I for one did, had to check the previous week's ED to be sure they hadn't changed it earlier and I was just then noticing. Now, in keeping with the science theme, do you know how that was done? I'm fairly sure I have one way figured out. Very cool touch!

Oh hey there and sorry for the late reply! How these sand drawings were made you mean or the colour being added? For the colouring it should be a video edit process, they can easily adjust the colours and because these are mostly stills, it can be done without big trouble.
For the sand drawing these would demand some skills indeed so a behind the scenes video from Crunchyroll would be interesting since they have done plenty for Dr.Stone! Wink
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:40 pm Reply with quote
^^Thanks, I really appreciate the sentiment, but no need, it's just neat to be able to talk together and appreciate the great little artistic touches like this. Yeah, my guess is that they had a blue or green background to the sand/glass plate when filming and the sand/powder is in shadow so that remains black when they substitute the color image. Talk about using science for art, a perfect application for this show which uses art to glorify science! And to do so at the end of an episode named "First Dream", thereby melding the concepts of color dreams being special with mankind's first corporate dreams possibly being about the moon and going there. Ep20's beginning also had a great symbolic moment with Senku and Chrome, two "science brothers" separated by time coming together to gain victory over the foe using science for evil.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I feel like I'm missing something. Senku was petrified for about a second, and his facial markings stayed. But Tsukasa, who was petrified for a similar amount of time, lost his.

Okay, so... if I'm thinking correctly, I don't believe Senku was fully petrified. Yes, part of him was, which is what was saved when he poured on the revival fluid, but he wasn't up to his head where his marks were. Compared to Tsukasa and the others whom were entirely covered before the revival fluid was poured. I think that's the difference, although it's not explicitly stated from what I can recall in either the manga or the episodes.

What a finale, though. Definitely was very emotional seeing Tsukasa come back and having his reunion with Mirai (and Minami; it was also fun actually seeing Ruri pushing Minami towards Tsukasa, adding to how cute the moment actually was from the manga). I also loved seeing everyone working together with Mirai to do so. Another one of my favorite "Taiju is everyone's big brother" moments. And yes to all of the scenes with Gen. He really was the star of this episode, and giving us more reason to love the man. The moments were really good in the manga, but the anime just gave it that extra pop and I love it.

It is a shame we're done with the anime for now, but we do have our upcoming 4th and final season incoming! Although I still hold reservations on how exactly they're going to squeeze everything into one season... I trust the team, but I'm just hoping the idea of making one last season won't lead to cuts or shrinking of moments, because there's a lot of material incoming that will be a shame if they don't give the full treatment.
Treecko Tempo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Quote:
I feel like I'm missing something. Senku was petrified for about a second, and his facial markings stayed. But Tsukasa, who was petrified for a similar amount of time, lost his.

Okay, so... if I'm thinking correctly, I don't believe Senku was fully petrified. Yes, part of him was, which is what was saved when he poured on the revival fluid, but he wasn't up to his head where his marks were. Compared to Tsukasa and the others whom were entirely covered before the revival fluid was poured. I think that's the difference, although it's not explicitly stated from what I can recall in either the manga or the episodes.
This is what I was thinking too.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Yeah Senku wasn't fully petrified as he canceled out the effect as it was happening.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:40 am Reply with quote
But why does Kinro still have a scar on his face? And I think it was probably explained, but why does Yo still have his stone eye patch?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6