• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AS line-up

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trugentleman02

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:59 am Reply with quote
KyuuA4 wrote:
Just wondering -- does The Boondocks continue? Or is it over?

Nah, they're working on a new season. I think it was like another 19 episodes.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Numbers Game
Part I

Previous winner:
Trinity Blood - 522,000

Highest Rated Adult Swim
Programs Saturday 9/30/06
[Viewers 18-34]

Bleach 324,000

Eureka Seven 290,000

Trinity Blood 254,000

But it wasn't
the competition

Tiger makes it six
and then...

Well the numbers aren't nearly as high as last report. But again all anime last week is in the top three again. I think the fact that Robot Chicken didn't nudge one of the anime out of a top spot is a good sign as well. And seeing E7 on the list is certainly refreshing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:56 am Reply with quote
Great to see anime in the top spots for a change. Would have thought Bleach's numbers would be a lot higher though. (Hmm, either this is further proof of my belief that Neilsen ratings are crap or it's a sign that fansubbers don't watch TV.)

Why do you think Trinity Blood's ratings dropped so sharply? Was it people going out and buying the DVD or did a lot of viewers just go "okay, well, I sorted liked it but now I'm bored."

Very nice to see Eureka 7 up in there. I've been worried that the swim might just drop it completely. I was under the impression that it's ratings were in the tank, but this seems to show otherwise. Very Happy

On the subject of E7, I don't think the dub is awkward. The casting is excellent to me and I've found it emotionally affecting from early on.

I think it's just a matter of whether or not you prefer subs to dubs. If you like listening to Japanese and reading subtitles, you're probably not going to like the English VAs' performaces.
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:48 am Reply with quote
All hail Adult Swim watchers, then. It seems anime is picking up again, and Bleach finally starts going. I believe the ratings only take to consideration households with that Nielsen-something box?
Ohoni

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:48 am Reply with quote
Quote:

Very nice to see Eureka 7 up in there. I've been worried that the swim might just drop it completely. I was under the impression that it's ratings were in the tank, but this seems to show otherwise. Very Happy

Well remember, they only ever show us the top 3 for the week. Wink

Quote:
I believe the ratings only take to consideration households with that Nielsen-something box?

Yeah. They sample a few thousand households to estimate what millions of Americans are watching. In low numbers it can get really skewed. It doesn't matter in the slightest what the vast majority of us do or do not watch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7