• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Concrete Revolutio (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:16 am Reply with quote
Can't say I like the new ED, but damn that OP is nice. Seems it's going for some Furuota/Jaguar parallels, which should be interesting to see.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:57 am Reply with quote
Season 2 ep 1
This makes me sad the director style has so obviously been changed.
It was "passable" for a return at best, for my own viewing experience it doesn't completely ruin all the enjoyment but it means that the follow up will have to try much harder.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:22 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 1

I really liked the new OP. Specifically when it uses images that look like it is on an old television screen, it sells the mood that despite any sci-fi aspects the time period is a part of the setting, and gives kind of a raw or "realistic" feel to it regardless of other aspects.

Raito was very much the big part of the episode. Despite some of his bull headed characteristics, it was all about how he really could not deal with how his "justice" was perverted by atrocities that just were not right. He played off of a space Sheriff who seemed to represent foreign powers that condemn someone (or thing), and there is no real evidence they are right, but condemn things that stand against them. Maybe if say USA came into Japan, called some group terrorists (not even much proof), got someone who might only be partially connected, and then said they would execute them. Sure a lot of his actions seem noble and following some law, but it did not necessarily make him right.

Interesting information is the Space Sheriff sees space clouds as super bad guys that are kill on sight, it would have kind of lined up with how we were looking through last season, but with sudden change of mind and apparently being part of what is helping Jirou, you have to wonder. It is interesting that Raito mentions that the police called him defective and tried to dispose of him, one could see they might think of him as an object but also something about law keepers who start to disagree with those in charge.

Emi is more than ever really suspicious, she really seems involved in a lot of the doing bad to achieve good, and her possessive nature of Jirou is just wrong.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:36 pm Reply with quote
season two, episode one

They've definitely amped up how ominous Emi seems. She was never free of menace but they've really dialed it to eleven now, haven't they? I'm really interested to see her long-term reaction to Jiro finding a means of controlling his powers without her.

It's interesting to see that we ended up skipping right over Jiro and Raito's big fight. I'm really hoping we go back to that to see exactly what happened there. In no small part because I really want to see that fight.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:42 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 2:

Weird episode but I liked it. Aki (one of the girls from the band) is suspected of being a culprit of being a recent string of murders.

The episode reminded me of something out of a sci-fi movie with the aliens disguised as humans. (even more disturbing about the lifeless possession part). I find the characterization about that idol girl Aki to be rather interesting related to Funny. Good to see that Jiro was able to deal with all this as well.

Loving this show's characterization.still and it's also interesting to know a bit more about the Rainbow Knight.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:21 am Reply with quote
Damn episode 15 was good. So much amazing animation.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Season 2: ep 2
Ok, this is fine as long as this second season doesn't drop the ball narratively, it can go over the top super hero as long as the story makes sense AND respects what was established before which so far it is achieving.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:03 pm Reply with quote
I didn't think they were going to top the 14th episode so soon, but holy hell did they manage to. This episode was perfect.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 2

So it was not so much for a greater cause, she was largely trying to hunt down power so that she could do what she believe in seeing her girlfriend again? Her bandmate that reportedly died likely from suicide? The most likely cause seems to be that the advertising company had some part, if only pressure that may have contributed, but she was not out for revenge. By the end it looked like she could take some stance of being the hero she wanted to be.

The line of human and superhuman has also been blurred.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:18 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 3:

Pirikappi is such a weird name a for a God. I mean, just saying that....

I find it interesting that Emi got possessed with Jirou and the others trying to stop her. Too bad for the Winter events though. I was expecting ski competition but instead got a forest of people. Still really good episode imo, I like how Jirou got into the conflict with a bit of drama while Amato attempted his epic jump. Fairly entertaining episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vonPeterhof

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Pirikappi is such a weird name a for a God. I mean, just saying that....
Not sure what you mean by "weird", but it's derived from the Ainu language. In Ainu pirka means "good" or "beautiful" and pi means "seed", which fits with the meaning they gave in the show. Pirka becomes ピリカ (pirika) when transliterated into Japanese, but I'm not sure why they needed to double the p.

Also, kind of strange that they they went out of their way not to use the word "Ainu", especially when the latest episode of Kumamiko seemed to have no qualms about it. But then, I've heard (but haven't been able to confirm) that there are strict guidelines on the accurate portrayal of Ainu culture in media, so they might have been trying to avoid accusations of misrepresenting the Ainu religion or something.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:07 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 4:

Nice episode, we got Devilo and Devila, two siblings. I find Devilo's speech to be rather interesting though especially the way he manages to catch the attention of the crowd and going on about what he thinks of the world.

Decent action, this episode felt a bit different from usual. Really liked the choice of music they used as well. One other thing I noticed is that the episode was actually uncensored too.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Season 2 ep 4
This is sort of a thematic call back to season 1 where instead of the underground Akuma's it was about the forest dwelling bug empire that had their home lands claimed by the Japanese government.

The difference in the situation is that the scale of power, where Devilo's bodyguard kaiju sized catfish could no doubt bring down the local city with seismic activity and Devila displaying that she wields a power that without exaggeration would be a force of nature.

When dealing with aliens, demigods, and Kaiju the Swat ninja's might be overestimating there ability to handle some of the more clearly potent targets they seek to "apprehend".

My issue is that the episode while a fun vignette it certainly shows that this second season is not trying to display a clear "message" at least not in a nuanced manner as the first season.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:48 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 4

I think that is what they call being the bigger man. The episode seemed to largely be breaching the topic of immigration and some things about that.

Not sure if it was intended, but it felt a lot like what I feel like with the current topic of Muslims. People are terrified of humans, saying that people treat them like monsters would not be too far of a stretch. Just recently you can witness the effects of some sort of horrible event happening and people want to find out who to blame, and all too much I see people just itching to blame people who killed others as a "Muslim terrorist", they practically seem happy when they can blame them. The idea of some bad event happening and it not being the fault of a demonised group seems even more scary to people. And in the face of such events you see horrible racism placed on people of the Muslim faith, I look up a story and people comment that they think they are trying to invade. People push back and don't even pay attention to the fact they are making things worse, others into a situation where they might feel no choice but maybe to then retaliate against the group that is targeting them. Little attention is then placed on probably the group the people that had patience, and the people act like they are so superior in saying they scared off the bad guys.

I was kind of surprised in the episode in that we saw straight out uncovered breasts, and I will comment on my response that she should cover them already. But I think they served a purpose, they were meant to raise thoughts that this character was being sexualised (being taken advantage of for fanservice) or in general that her dress code is not right. But it is also made pretty clear that she is pretty much a different culture, that she is one powerful entity beyond saying she is just boobs, and it is kind of wrong to be judging her attire on our own standards. She really was not hurting anyone, not even that she is perfect since we hear second hand that she can be somewhat prideful herself, but she actually seems willing to understand. In the end she gave a big message that she could have done stuff, but she will try and understand them and remove herself from the conflict. A message that she is kind of scary, but just because she is different it does not mean her, or her brother, cannot be beautiful for what they are. It kind of made me think of the character Bayonetta, some see her as a victim of sexualisation, but others like me see her as a strong woman who is in control and should be allowed to show herself off if she wants.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:31 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 6:

So apparently there's a Goldenrod plant phenomenon this episode.

Yuko's dad got infected although the way he is dubbed as a "Human-man" seems just as strange as what he has become. I think he has some similarities compared to Jirou.. Going to miss "Human-man"...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9