• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Most Evil Character Tournament RESULTS

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:33 pm Reply with quote
We're down to this.

Dante of Fullmetal Alchemist | clip 1 Dante | clip 2 Dante | clip 3 Dante
| clip 4 Dante | clip 5 Dante | History report Dante

Johan Liebert from Monster | Johan clip 1 | clip 2 Johan
| clip 3 Johan
| clip 4 Johan | clip 5 Johan
| Johan history report

Winner: Dante. I don't know Johan at all, but I know Dante, and a bit too well, I'm afraid. So based on what I know (which doesn't need to be talked about), my vote goes to that hag.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Johan

I don't know what more can be said about the boy that hasn't been repeated over and over again. There's a very good reason the series is called Monster, and that reason is Johan. Every rational person who knows who Johan really is is absoutely terrified of him (e.g. Eva was frozen in fear when she first encountered him), while those of irrational mind (serial killers and neo-Nazis) revere him. It is incredible how such a calm and beautiful face can leave such a terrifying impression of evil.
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:31 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Murasakisuishou wrote:

Also, thanks to Cow-Boy_Be-Bop and ccdx for their awesome organizational skills^^

I second that!

Thank you!

Your welcome every one :3
ccdx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:26 am Reply with quote
As someone once said, without doubt "There can only be one!"...

This is what it all comes down to. A thrilling end after a long, but still exciting, 5 month rush of the best evil all of anime has to offer Twisted Evil.

Up for consideration:

One wants to live forever by any means necessary. Whether it involves killing thousands of innocent people or treating her subordinates with extreme disregard for their needs and well being. From the evidence presented in the clips (and the fact that I have watched the show) I can personally attest to her true evilness. Perhaps she should not have been in the FINAL BATTLE, but without a doubt at least in the Final 4. She proves time and time again her cold heartedness and absolute willingness to do whatever it takes to achieve her goals.

On the other side we have an absolute master manipulator with a dizzying intellect, devilish charm, and a nonchalant attitude about killing anyone he feels like at any time for any reason. He has countless innocent deaths on his hands for much less of a reason, if any, than his opponent ever had. Through the whole series he mentally as well as physically tortures the very man who saved his life for no good reason at all. Something that hasn't been mentioned before is that he also leaves behind a mentally disturbed sister who continually tries to find her true place in life but can't because of her deeply traumatic past that he is more or less the direct cause of. And finally when he feels it's time for himself to die he decides to take an entire town of innocent people with him by convincing them they have to all kill each other.

I have made my opinions very clear for the past several rounds so I'm sure my vote will come as a shock to no one. If you are not convinced by these few examples I have given above, then please refer to my previous posts.

After taking in all the available information and weighing the facts, I find myself left with no choice but to vote for Johan. Dante is definitely a worthy competitor, but she is no match against the magnificently infamous cold hearted undeniable pure evil that is Johan.
Cruor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Just seeing the clips makes me think Johan is more evil Dante only wanted eternal life while Johan looks like some egomaniac that wants to kill alot of people just for fun pretty much...
nightmaregenie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:50 am Reply with quote
My vote goes to dear old evil Johan from Monster.
Lots of people, myself included, have stated why he's the ultimate evil so I'll not waste time and space on quotes and such.

ccdx nailed why Johan kicks Dante's butt. His evil is just too indiscriminate, too whimsical and too purposeless for him not to win. On top of that I'll add this: Dante wants eternal life which would indicate that she's somewhat afraid to die. Johan? He couldn't care less about what happens to himself and so he's able to perform his evil with ruthless abandon. There you have it. A villian with no fears and therefore no weaknesses. The evil of evils.

In my opinion anyway, Johan deserves to win this competition 100%.
Aylinn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:59 am Reply with quote
Johan from Monster
Dante like nightmaregenie has noticed could be afraid of death. On the contrary, Johan doesn't need any reason to kill he might kill anyone because he felt like doing it.
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Well since I bvoted in the first round, I might as well vote for the last. Since I know Dante I will vote for her. But I also know how evil she has been. Killing just for self gain ect ect. We have heard it all already. Johan may be a better villain, but I would rather go with the one I am more familiar with.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Aylinn wrote:
Johan from Monster
Dante like nightmaregenie has noticed could be afraid of death. On the contrary, Johan doesn't need any reason to kill he might kill anyone because he felt like doing it.

Heck, not only is Johan not afraid of dieing, when he tells people to shoot him in the head, they get scared.
ccdx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:

Heck, not only is Johan not afraid of dieing, when he tells people to shoot him in the head, they get scared.

Laughing ...... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
d.yaro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to give Dante the runner up nod. My vote for the "Most Evil Character" goes to Johan from Monster. I hadn't watched the fourth clip previously and did so after watching the fifth one tonight. Initially that fourth clip didn't make any sense. Then I revisited ccdx's comments from that round. Okay so it all comes together. Nonetheless that clip isn't as truly chilling as the last one. There in the last clip it looks like the situation has boiled down to "No one gets out alive". That in itself is a frightening prospect but the chills come from the difficulty each person has in trying to gun down an apparently unarmed target. In Johan's case they should do it but we don't see it happen in the clip. If anything I'll guess the woman who is intervening will take the bullet Tenma intends for Johan. Anyways, it is on the merit of the previous clips on which I base my vote for Johan.
Ningensei

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:26 pm Reply with quote
My vote probably comes as no surprise as well, it goes to Johan, hands down. To me, there is no argument that he is more deserving of the most evil character title than Dante. Yes, she kills thousands of people for her own gain to be immortal. But as ccdx notes, Johan kills people for no reason. No reason at all except to fulfill his own little sick and twisted games. For fun and entertainment. I mean, you can't justfy Dante's reasoning that sacrificing thousands of people is okay, just to live forever. However, I feel that more people would be tempted to follow the same actions as Dante if they had the chance. However, Johan's reasons for killing are not rational, he is not a normal person. He is similar to a real life serial killer, and that is just scary beyond belief.

It makes me sad that people are not voting for Johan because they are not familiar with him. I am pretty confident that if someone has seen all of Monster, they couldn't vote for anyone else but him. But I understand the reasoning behind voting for a familiar character and it can't be helped.
nightmaregenie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:38 am Reply with quote
Quote:

That just made my day! So funny but so true!
Quote:
It makes me sad that people are not voting for Johan because they are not familiar with him.

My sentiments exactly.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:56 am Reply with quote
Dante unquestionably is evil, and probably deserved to be in the Final Four, but I voted against her in the semifinals and she has even stiffer competition here. Between that and the arguments others have posted, I must go with Johan.

When in doubt, go with the guy who had his series named after what he is rather than who he is. . .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:

When in doubt, go with the guy who had his series named after what he is rather than who he is. . .

Oh, HELL! Okay, that has finally decided me. All of the arguements have been very sound but what Key has seen clinches it.

Please change my vote to Johan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 26 of 27