• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A question about trivias

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Victor B

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:57 am Reply with quote
I noticed that in the "trivia" pages, almost all of the trivias dealt about Japanese version, when speaking about the dialogues especially.
Can trivias in other languages be added in those pages too, in case a typically American (for instance) reference were to be noticed, or are we forced to explain Japanese trivias only?

I don't know if this question has already been asked in this forum, because after a research, I haven't found any topic like this one... so, if it has already been asked, please tell me where precisely...

And please don't blame me if this topic should not have been written in this section, I thought it was the most suitable... so tell me if I haven't chosen the good page...
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Do you mean the trivia links within each title's Encyclopedia entry?

If so, then I think it's OK to submit things that refer to the English language release. I have seen a number of trivia entries that refer to something on the R1 DVD releases or the English language dub or subtitle translation. But that's just my understanding of how things work.

Just a suggestion, but you might want to post this in the Encyclopedia forum or PM a moderator and ask them to move this thread over to that forum. I think the question is more related to the Encyclopedia and you are likely to get better responses in that forum. Maybe even one of the Encyclopedia editors could give you a more authoritative answer, but I think they are less likely to see your question if it's only posted in this forum.
Victor B

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:11 pm Reply with quote
ManOfRust, I understand what you mean...
So, first, you're right: I was talking about those "trivia" pages.
Then, I'll try and ask a moderator if this topic can just be moved to the "Encyclopedia" folder, without it to be totally removed.
Finally, when I quoted the "typically American reference", I precised: "for instance". I actually meant any member of ANN could add a non Japanese reference by extension, e.g. a French trivia (because, 1 - I am a French member; 2 - I found a couple of French trivias, rare thing according to me). And as there does not seem to be any restriction about it, I thought it thus could be accepted.

Anyway, thanks for answering, ManOfRust Wink !
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:03 pm Reply with quote
So, you're saying you spot things in the anime which are references to various French works (movies, shows, books, etc.)? I'd imagine people wouldn't mind, or they'd even appreciate the additional info.
Victor B

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:20 am Reply with quote
Perhaps... but to be sincere, if there were a typically American reference amongst a group of trivias, I don't think I'd always be able to understand it (just like when I watch The Simpsons in original version on the French DVD Packs). So, it's kind of the same thing, isn't it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1