• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Tupperware fatality in my anime? Is it more likely then I think?

Sounds interesting. I'll give it a shot.

Wonder if Funi will drop some licenses at ACEN. I'll be there and waiting! (assuming they have a panel there this year.. I haven't checked.)
Stefnick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm so happy. I actually screamed and started dancing around with joy. Finally someone has licensed the series and better yet, it's Funimation.
So going to buy as soon as it comes out, if I'm not hurting bad for cash.

My bets is for Brina Palencia for Ciel, judging by her performance as Miharu Rokujo, I think she'll do great.

Sebastian is a bit hardier. But I think J. Michael Tatum would be a good fit for him, has that type of refine sounding voice with a hint of darkness that I always imagined Sebastian would have. Judging him from his other performances and the fact no one seems to be tried of him yet, I think it's possible.

Last edited by Stefnick on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Kyon27

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Stefnick wrote:
I think J. Michael Tatum would be a good fit for him, has that type of refine sounding voice with a hint of darkness that I always imagined Sebastian would have

My thoughts exactly. When I read the headline, my first thought was, " J. Michael Tatum should be Sebastian." Glad to see someone like-minded here.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Kyon27 wrote:
Stefnick wrote:
I think J. Michael Tatum would be a good fit for him, has that type of refine sounding voice with a hint of darkness that I always imagined Sebastian would have

My thoughts exactly. When I read the headline, my first thought was, " J. Michael Tatum should be Sebastian." Glad to see someone like-minded here.

Another vote for J. Michael Tatum as Sebastian!

Who should be Grell?(Patrick Seitz would be my choice)
Dark Paladin X

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Stefnick wrote:

My bets is for Brina Palencia for Ciel, judging by her performance as Miharu Rokujo, I think she'll do great.

Sebastian is a bit hardier. But I think J. Michael Tatum would be a good fit for him, has that type of refine sounding voice with a hint of darkness that I always imagined Sebastian would have. Judging him from his other performances and the fact no one seems to be tried of him yet, I think it's possible.

Well, I thought up of Greg Ayres as Ciel mainly because he voices characters are around early to mid-teens like Yuri Lowenthal. I originally thought up of Greg Cipes, but I then realize that Cipes won't have much potential for anime VA.

For Sebastian, I put my bets on Johnny Yong Bosch. Not only that JYB worked in some Texan dubs in the past, but the Japanese VA, Daisuke Ono, also shared a same role with JYB (Itsuki Koizumi from Haruhi Suzumiya). Not to mention, Johnny Yong Bosch VA fits perfectly for an anti-hero like Sebastian (he does voiced some anti-heros in the past and anti-heros are his personal preference. Also a good role for Johnny Yong Bosch to improve his vocal range (other being Accelerator from To Aru Majutsu no Index).

Who would resist having Johnny Yong Bosch as Sebastian (or America for Hetalia: Axis Powers, another anime licensed by Funimation)?
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:38 am Reply with quote
.......................................... I'm speechless. I never thought in a thousand year that Funimation would pick this up. At lease I can watch it in dub. It was actually one of the higher ones on my "to watch list" but now I can delete the fan subs from my computer.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:42 am Reply with quote
Can't say I was expecting FUNimation to get it (more like Media Blasters), but it was only a matter of time until someone had picked it up, given its following. It's not something entirely up their alley, so it's nice to see them branch into something different every so often.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:43 am Reply with quote
...I am filled with dark, overwhelming glee at this news. Twisted Evil

Seriously, this series is...well...something else. I cannot WAIT to hear how they'll handle this lovely little item in English, all things considered. Laughing

I also think Brina Palencia as Ciel and J Michael Tatum as Sebastian are reeeeeally obvious choices. Also, Monica Rial as Meirin, Chris Sabat as Bard...I have NO idea who would play Grell but it will be uncomfortably hysterical.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:40 am Reply with quote
Quote:
you just kno they'll cast Brina Palencia as Ciel. tats just my prediction.

I seriously thought the same thing! Her voice as Miharu from Nabari no Ou is very good! I think she'll do a good job if she ever gets picked as Ciel.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:02 am Reply with quote
Cool, I hope they upload the first dubbed episode at least before the DVDs hit.
vashthekaizoku

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:59 am Reply with quote
I was at a con beginning of the the month and one of the Funi VA's told me off the record that this was coming! Still cool tho...I think the guy who did Kyoya's voice in Ouran would make a good Sebastian! The voice of Mr. 2 Bonkure from One Piece would make a good Greil (He has the whole spoiler[Okama] thing down...Or Chuck Huber (voice of Tucker from FMA and Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho)!and I agree with either Greg Ayres or Brina for Ciel. As for Bard, I could see Sonny Strait in the role...Colleen Clinkenbeard as Madam Red...Caitlin Glass for Maylene (Marlene? not awake yet...)
FMAvatard

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:53 am Reply with quote
Oh Lord, I'm so ecstatic at this. Anime hyper

J. Tatum as Sebastian would be good. Either him or Johnny Yong Bosch.
Stefnick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:48 am Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
Kyon27 wrote:
Stefnick wrote:

Another vote for J. Michael Tatum as Sebastian!

Who should be Grell?(Patrick Seitz would be my choice)

I'm all for Patrick Seitz as Grell, I think he'll be great.

Dark Paladin X wrote:
Who would resist having Johnny Yong Bosch as Sebastian (or America for Hetalia: Axis Powers, another anime licensed by Funimation)?

I probably could. As much as I love the man, I just can't really picture him as Sebastian. He's sounds a little bit too young to play Sebastian. And I hardly get that kinda creepy but proper vibe from his voice like I do Tatum. I don't know, its probable due to him contantly being typed cast but voice seems more shonen-ish, I guess.

Greg is the same, again love his work, I just can't imagine Ciel with Greg Ayres voice. Strangely enough, he sounds more mature than I would imagine Ciel to sound like based on when Ayres plays an somewhat more serious character, but other times he sounds way to engertic the young the character he plays, which I would think be out-of-character for Ciel.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Ian K wrote:
There was actually a rumor floating around that the title FUNimation was announcing would be Fire Tripper, an adaptation of a Rumiko Takahashi one-shot manga. Apparently it has essentially the same plot as Inuyasha, but with an actual ending.

What Rumiko Takahasi actually wrote something that had an ending?

Anywas back on topic, I've never heard of this show, but now that it seems various people are quite happy about this, I will have to check it out once an episode or two starts streaming.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Now if only FUNimation would get their hands on other awesome anime such as 07-Ghost, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, or even Natsume Yuujinchou!

And yeah, I also think J. Michael Tatum should be Sebastian. His Kyouya (Ouran High School Host Club) and Raikou (Nabari no Ou) voices are very good! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4