• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Adds Gunslinger Girl, Blood Alone Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:11 pm Reply with quote
About fracking time someone rescued Gunslinger Girl! Of course, now before they release vol. 7, I'll have to go back and reread up to that point, since I don't really remember what was going on anymore.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:21 pm Reply with quote
YA about [expletive] time more Gunslinger Girl Very Happy I just hope they start at vol7 now some one need to get the last vol of Sola
Redlinks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Thanks seaven seas! I love your stuff! I hope you'll also continue the Ballad of a Shinigami and Pita-Ten Light Novels! I've been waiting for volume 3 of both of those series.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Seven Seas also announced that it will release Strawberry Panic! The Complete Manga Collection, which will contain "both volumes of the manga, plus two all-new previously unreleased chapters," The three-volume Hayate X Blade Omnibus 1 and three-volume Inukami! Omnibus 1 will follow in November.

Um...GET, AND GET. Very Happy I've been wanting to get Hayate x Blade for a while now.

JohnnySake wrote:
As much of a Strawberry Panic fan as I am, it's sad we won't see anymore unless something happens over on the other side of the pond. However, I'll happily double dip for the collected edition if it gets me a couple more chapters.

Same here Very Happy
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Hell yeah! Gunslinger Girl is one of my favorite manga, I'm glad to see it get rescued after the awful stop and go run it had with ADV. It also marks the first occasion that Seven Seas got anything remotely close to interesting me.
Sentire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm literally jumping out of my skin in excitement! I adore Blood Alone and I'm just chomping at the bit to get the next few volumes! This has been my favorite manga so far.
corinthian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Thank you, Seven Seas! I've been kind of sad seeing those volumes of Blood Alone just sitting on my shelf, well, alone. I wonder if they'll continue the previous publisher's format with the smaller size and dust cover. I mean, I can't really see why they would, but it sure would be nice if they all matched.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Really glad to hear that about Blood Alone. I wondered if it would ever come back after the 4th volume (yes I am one of the few that picked up the limited release of V.4).

I hope they keep up with the same binding and paper quality as the previous releases.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
infjeff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:22 pm Reply with quote
THIS...IS...AWESOME! The news about Gunslinger Girl made me register on ANN just to let my excitement be known. I've been waiting so long for my favorite series to rescued! Very Happy Consider it pre-ordered.

*does the happy dance*
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:21 pm Reply with quote
While I'm always, always happy series that have fallen to the wayside are getting new license holders and re-released, in Seven Seas' case I'd have much preferred that they revive the titles from their own catalog which have fallen into the ether (Boogiepop, Vamp!, anyone?) before they go about rescuing other company's former titles.
Karisu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Really glad to hear that about Blood Alone. I wondered if it would ever come back after the 4th volume (yes I am one of the few that picked up the limited release of V.4).

I hope they keep up with the same binding and paper quality as the previous releases.

Blood Alone vol 4 was limited? It's still on sale at Amazon.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Karisu wrote:
Dargonxtc wrote:

yeah, I got it too. Glad to hear it's being rescued; I had no idea the company went out of business.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Thank goodness that Seven Seas rescued Gunslinger Girls. Now we can, hopefully, be assured of a steady release schedule.

And this explains why all of the GG manga has disappeared from Right Stuf!

Looking forward to Vol. 7. Hurry, hurry, hurry!
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:51 am Reply with quote
Karisu wrote:
Dargonxtc wrote:

I assumed it was. It took me six months to get mine (way back when). They must have done another print run before they died.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
adam_omega

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:40 am Reply with quote
Thanks for all the warm comments, everyone. We can't wait to start getting these new books out to you guys!

Ashen Phoenix wrote:
While I'm always, always happy series that have fallen to the wayside are getting new license holders and re-released, in Seven Seas' case I'd have much preferred that they revive the titles from their own catalog which have fallen into the ether (Boogiepop, Vamp!, anyone?) before they go about rescuing other company's former titles.

We know that there are readers out there that would love to see some of the Light Novel series that we announced a few years back finally see a release. Heck, I very much would too! It's just very, very hard to make them work for this market, though. Yes, there have been some decent successes from the bigger publishers, but they are few and far between. And Seven Seas is a smaller publisher and we aren't able to take as many risks as the big guys--especially on something as high risk as light novels. We won't rule out the possibility of some light novels coming out in the future since we're always looking at ways to make that happen, but we won't commit to anything unless we're sure that we've got bookstores on board and that enough people will buy it.

As for Boogiepop... Sadly, that franchise is dead as a doornail unless Japan decides to make a new anime series.

- Adam Arnold
Seven Seas Entertainment
http://www.gomanga.com/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3