• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mazinkaizer SKL Anime, Manga, Novel Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rockman nes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:01 pm Reply with quote
DAMMIT I WANT MY SHIN MAZINGER SEQUEL!!!

Maruna

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:27 pm Reply with quote
I wish this were a Great-hen or Kaiser-hen, but I'm still very excited for a new Mazinkaiser OAV. While the character designs for Koji and Tetsuya are... quite shocking, I can't say I'm bothered by them as much as Mr. Surat.

Here's a few interesting observations: SKL's chestplate has a heavy resemblance to Devilman's head, and there's something described in the scan called, "Violence Mood." I wonder if maybe Imagawa is involved and taking the Shin Mazinger/Giant Robo approach once again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SantaBla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Maruna wrote:
I wish this were a Great-hen or Kaiser-hen, but I'm still very excited for a new Mazinkaiser OAV. While the character designs for Koji and Tetsuya are... quite shocking, I can't say I'm bothered by them as much as Mr. Surat.

Here's a few interesting observations: SKL's chestplate has a heavy resemblance to Devilman's head, and there's something described in the scan called, "Violence Mood." I wonder if maybe Imagawa is involved and taking the Shin Mazinger/Giant Robo approach once again.

The're not Kouji and Tetsuya. They're completely new characters, Kaidou Ken and Magami Ryou. Also, the chest plate is actually two guns. Check out www.mazin-go.com.
Doggie Kruger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:01 pm Reply with quote

this picture is way cooler
RedLeader

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:07 am Reply with quote
Devilman, eh? Well, that robot next to Kaiser certainly looks like a robotic version of Siren. Maybe someone's made Kaiser into a Devil? Anime hyper It certainly has more of a Getter Robo type aura to it than Mazinger...
Maruna

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:16 am Reply with quote
SantaBla wrote:

The're not Kouji and Tetsuya. They're completely new characters, Kaidou Ken and Magami Ryou. Also, the chest plate is actually two guns. Check out www.mazin-go.com.

Oh thank goodness. That's a real relief.

I retain that the chestplate has a heavy resemblance to Devilman's head, though. I'm even more certain of this now that we see the female robot beside it. (Aphrodite A, maybe?) That one definitely has a strong resemble to Devilman Lady, in both the head shape and positioning of the wings. I find it difficult to believe this isn't intentional.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2