• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto flagged by Tivo

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:02 am Reply with quote
Note: I have Naruto on Keep until I delete and it has tons of room. So don't tell me it will delete itself after 3 days.

I did some checking around on the Tivo last night, but only to find all of the Naruto I had recorded was deleted. I double check the settings and they are still on Keep Until I Delete with tons of room. With Family Guy and The Simpsons, oddly just the new episodes, disappearing from TiVo's due to "glitch". While PPV and VOD already had this to prevent people from keeping indefinitely, copyright holders can ask for the same protection on TV shows. While this is not a really big deal in my book, mostly due the fact it already getting replay out the ying yang.

EDIT: Small Corrections: it will delete itself, not a really big deal

Last edited by Ataru on Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Dude, what are you talking about? And who are you referring to in that first sentence? I don't understand where you're coming from with this. There's nothing about this in the Talkback section, so what's up with this?

"Don't tell me it deletes after 3 days." Nobody said that, dude, because nobody even replied. Wink
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
Note: I have Naruto on Keep until I delete and it has tons of room. So don't tell me it deletes by itself after 3 days.

Okay, NOTE TO EVERYONE THAT OWNS,KNOWS ABOUT, AND/OR USES TIVO. Yeah, there is no topic about this in Talkback because if falls under speculation/rumor, hince, not news. And if you don't know what the heck I'm talking about, don't reply, dude.

I did ask DirecTV, and they said a few people complained about the issue, but with different shows. They said that they don't auto delete PPV or any shows for that matter, after a few days. If this sort of thing has happen to you in the past few weeks (ie: shows deleting themselfs), post away.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:46 am Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:

Okay, NOTE TO EVERYONE THAT OWNS,KNOWS ABOUT, AND/OR USES TIVO. Yeah, there is no topic about this in Talkback because if falls under speculation/rumor, hince, not news.

I'm aware of the glitch. All I can say is that perhaps you should contact TIVO and see what they have to say. Are you updated to the lastest version of the software? I assume so if you are experiencing problems.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:20 am Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
Ataru wrote:
Note: I have Naruto on Keep until I delete and it has tons of room. So don't tell me it deletes by itself after 3 days.

Okay, NOTE TO EVERYONE THAT OWNS,KNOWS ABOUT, AND/OR USES TIVO. Yeah, there is no topic about this in Talkback because if falls under speculation/rumor, hince, not news.

You should've said that in the first place. Wink
dposse

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:24 am Reply with quote
I've heard that it isn't a glitch, that Tivo does it on purpose.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ataru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
I'm aware of the glitch. All I can say is that perhaps you should contact TIVO and see what they have to say. Are you updated to the lastest version of the software? I assume so if you are experiencing problems.

Yeah, DirecTV also takes care of Tivo support since Sat and Cable is pretty different, but as far as updates to the system, they came from Tivo though DirecTV. Yeah, it was updated sometime last week. They had me delete and reopen Season Passes and told me if it happens again to give them a call. That why I was wondering if any other Tivo owners seen this happen, not just to Naruto, but to other shows like Family Guy or Simpsons.
dposse wrote:
I've heard that it isn't a glitch, that Tivo does it on purpose.
Washington Post wrote:
Among the functions included in TiVo's latest software upgrade is the ability to allow broadcasters to erase material recorded by TiVo's 3.6 million users after a certain date.

Elliot Sloan, a TiVo spokesman, called the red-flag incident a "glitch" and said it affected only a handful of customers. "It's a non-story," Sloan said.
Glitch or testing, I still don't like my stuff "disappering" without warning.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1