• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Daily Videos: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts Promos

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shenl742

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:52 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
I really hate repeating myself: If it isn't Kingdom Hearts 3, it's a spin-off.

What in the Joe Pesci's sake does "fanon" have anything to do with that little fact?

Because you seem to obsess and nash your teeth over labeling KH more then people who actually like the games.

But....this is starting to become another "Argue with John Casey and his Abrasive Personality " Thread so this'll be last post in it.

I wish anyone else who would like to continue this discussion the best of luck.
mezzaleonhart

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:00 pm Reply with quote
tbf im quite looking forward to all of these games, particularly versus XIII and dissidia 012. The first dissida has provided me and my friends many an entertaining time, so looking forward to much of the same, especially with the additions of Laguna, Light Yuna and Tifa, four of my all time favourite FF characters. BTW was that Cid Raine's shoulder I saw in that clip with Teh chick from 11????????? thats pretty cool if it was

versus looks really nice, reminds me of KH mixed with Crisis Core Smile I can see why it took so long in development bc its looking damn purrrdy! Gutted i haven't got a ps3 tho, gonna hav to fork out for one Sad

XIII-2, there wasnt enough in the trailer to get excited for, apart from lightning's sexeh outfit Laughing

as for Kingdom Hearts 3ds well ill wait and see. Birth by Sleep was brilliant, but every other KH tie in has been pretty crappy... however this one looks quite interesting and should work a lot better on the 3ds than on the regular ds.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Rightfully so Kingdom Hearts was pretty awesome in the beginning. But by beginning I mean KDH I and II. Past that, the series became way too typical and run of the mill for me.

The series went from a pretty good game to a now fairly run of the mill game. But with Disney characters. Look, I know the creator needs money and I can sure understand him to cash in a series while it's still popular, but why not at least attempt to put more effort in the game like the first two?

By now, the creator certainly is probably paid well enough to hire a sizable staff to handle the minor details. And considering it's Square Enix, there is likely never to be a shortage of seriously talented people that also know how to appeal to old school and the next generation gamers as well.

Oh well, I stopped playing the series ages ago, so by this point, the series isn't likely to change, as long as they can milk it of course.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:00 am Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
Everything you just said, you directly quoted from Nomura.

Except that I didn't quote an article, and have never read the article in question. I played the games, and have so far liked all of them (haven't played re:Coded yet). I will still admit that most of the spin-offs are spin-offs though, as they only seek to explain some unexplained bits of the story. BBS, however, actually creates a new story and helps move the existing one ahead. I don't call that a spin-off.

John Casey wrote:
Sorry, but unless we see a proper Kingdom Hearts on a proper console, it's a spin-off.

Okay, so then, by that logic (or lack-thereof), Valkyria Chronicles 2, Dragon Quest IX, and Okamiden were all spin-offs. Good to know.

I don't know where you get that Nomura is a failure. He's created some of the best games out there, created iconic characters, and is an awesome artist (even if you don't like his style, you have to admit his talent). He's about as much of a failure as Hideo Kojima.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:36 am Reply with quote
even though I too was put off by seeing transverse town again in a kh spin off (and I'm not sure I've complete recovered from the loads of recycled worlds that were in 358/2 days) it did look pretty and I kind of really liked the new moves they detailed in the trailer, but I'm not sure I'd buy a 3ds just for another kh sequel. I still haven't played bbs which looked awesome from the getgo and will definitely need to pick up and play soon. I really wish nomura would just rip himself away from the dozens of ff sequels on tandem and please please just make kh 3 already. Apparently he hasn't even started on it yet, and it's been 5 years! I'd really like to play that game before I'm old and gray or 30 Shocked
mezzaleonhart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:23 am Reply with quote
kakoishii
Quote:
Apparently he hasn't even started on it yet, and it's been 5 years!

this is because pretty much the entire team that worked on kingdom hearts 1 and 2 moved on to do versus 13. as that is nearly completed now, shouldnt be too long until Nomura starts KH 3. He has already said that he knows how the story is going to go, as he said that 3ds is going to be the build up for it.

John Casey
Quote:
If it isn't Kingdom Hearts 3, it's a spin-off.
nahh I'm gonna have to agree with BleuVII here. If you recall the secret ending of KH 2 was in fact showing the spoiler[keyblade graveyard and the epic battle at the end of BBS]. As the secret ending for KH1 showed events of KH2, and BBS's secret ending foreshadows KH3, it was obviously intended to be counted as part of the main canon and there is no way it can be dismissed as a spinoff. [/b]
John Casey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Whatever keeps the Nomura fanboys' beds warm at night...
opn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:49 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
Whatever keeps the Nomura fanboys' beds warm at night...

dude cant you just not bash kingdom hearts constantly? kingdom hearts birth by sleep is not a spin off its as every but part of the story as kingdom hearts 1 and 2 are and is actually my favorite game in the series. versus looks amaqzing cant wait to get that. i bought the first disdia so ill get the sequel too. type 0 looks great however im skeptical on the protaginist since his name is ace and he controls fire....am i the only one getting a one piece vibe from that?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2